ADVERTISEMENT

COVID gratuitous dumpster fire thread

Oh yeah, refute this guy, he is a friggin Nostradamus. Especially the opening few lines. If George doesn't have a PHd he should.

Yeah I know it has been posted before, but if the wine is that good, why not have a second glass
That might be difficult. I recall reading that George is now in the music Industry. Sources tell me he has gone underground and is currently decomposing.

Lord I Apologize

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Dogwelder
Several lower vaccinated states are seeing comparable deaths to the prior peak, such as Louisiana and Mississippi, and that’s with “lower vaccinated” still being about 40% of the total population and likely 60% or so of the vulnerable population being vaccinated.

I think saying “far more dangerous” for Delta may be a stretch, but there was at least one study that concluded it had a higher risk of hospitalization. However the fact that it’s more contagious is confirmed, so even if it’s similar in deadliness to prior strains or heck even slightly less deadly, more infections = more deaths.
You do have me curious though, I may take a look at the age specific data to see what some of the younger to middle aged groups look like. I know the share by age has changed with the elderly making up a lower share than they used to, so that would suggest that deaths may actually be up vs the prior peak in the younger ages (moreso referring to like 30-50).

Following up on this.

Just got a chance to look at this data, which is available here - https://data.cdc.gov/NCHS/Provisional-COVID-19-Deaths-by-Week-Sex-and-Age/vsak-wrfu

I exported, sorted by "All Sexes" and then the various age groups. Also note that the current peak numbers may go up a little more since death reporting lags

25-34: current peak - 264 weekly covid deaths, previous high point - 174 weekly deaths (52% increase)
35-44: current peak - 596 weekly covid deaths, previous high point - 403 weekly deaths (48% increase)
45-54: current peak - 1262 weekly covid deaths, previous high point - 1176 weekly deaths (7% increase)
55-64: current peak - 2077 weekly covid deaths, previous high point - 3210 weekly deaths (33% decrease)
65-74: current peak - 2482 weekly covid deaths, previous high point - 5855 weekly deaths (58% decrease)
75-84: current peak - 2181 weekly covid deaths, previous high point - 7417 weekly deaths (71% decrease)

So a couple interesting things here:

1. The 25-34 and 35-44 age groups are seeing significant increases in covid deaths vs. the prior peak. I think that certainly indicates that overall Delta may be more dangerous. Now, it may not necessarily be more dangerous on a per case basis, but if it's more contagious, more cases will equal more deaths. And I know you also may need to factor in that people are likely taking less precautions than during the earlier waves.

2. However, the effect of vaccinations is clear. Ages 55+ which of course are the most vaccinated groups have all seen a significant decrease in covid deaths compared to the prior peak (all of which occurred in January so wouldn't count the initial murders of nursing home residents). I'm sure some may try to argue that "the weak ones already died!" but that wouldn't explain this big of a dropoff (and I also didn't include 85+ in this number where maybe you could say something like that), and if that were the case it should have been the case across the board.

Reactions: crockster
Good news about the rational policy for the 2022 Winter Olympics and mandated vaccines (below). It is way beyond time to stop coddling the purveyors of misinformation and the snowflakes who refuse to see the problem as a public health crisis rather listen to their whimpering excuses, reckless individualism, and don't tread-on-me adolescent libertarianism.

Now, it's Penn State administration's turn to move beyond its pigeon-hearted and pathetic juggling act and its pandering to Harrisburg politicos and Pennsyltucky no-nothings and mandate the damn vaccine so classes and campuses can return to semi-normal and faculty and students aren't required to wear masks all day. More than 800 universities now require the vaccine.

Penn State is still bending in the wind like a rudderless institution. The motto of the administration should be "We always do the right thing ... once it is too late."

Penn State is still bending in the wind like a rudderless institution. The motto of the administration should be "We always do the right thing ... once it is too late."

In the words of Winston Churchill:..........“Americans can always be trusted to do the right thing, once all other possibilities have been exhausted.” I think you owe him money for copyright infringement :)

Reactions: Dogwelder
In the words of Winston Churchill:..........“Americans can always be trusted to do the right thing, once all other possibilities have been exhausted.” I think you owe him money for copyright infringement :)
Ah yes! That’s a Spencer Lee original quote. :)

Ah yes! That’s a Spencer Lee original quote. :)
WHOA..........Spencer was alive during WWII?? Damned....I was right......he is an Animatronic Robot. I Knew it! Doesn't even have ACLs to tear. Fake News is for Wussies............:). Damned.....when is this beer gonna kick in?

California, right now. Book of Eli.
book-of-eli-denzel-washington.gif

Reactions: Thenightking

She may have a point re: the risk of myocarditis in young men, but then she goes off the rails talking about the ingredients which IMO makes her lose most of the credibility she may have had.

I'm not a vaccine expert, but sounds like her claim of "Polyethylene Glycol being in antifreeze" is false. That's ethylene glycol, and Polyethylene Glycol is in other things such as Miralax. Looks like that may be a common antivax argument. Here's some links from 2013 and 2018 respectively so haven't been biased by covid:

She may have a point re: the risk of myocarditis in young men, but then she goes off the rails talking about the ingredients which IMO makes her lose most of the credibility she may have had.

I'm not a vaccine expert, but sounds like her claim of "Polyethylene Glycol being in antifreeze" is false. That's ethylene glycol, and Polyethylene Glycol is in other things such as Miralax. Looks like that may be a common antivax argument. Here's some links from 2013 and 2018 respectively so haven't been biased by covid:

So your saying that the argument is based on ignorance and/or deliberate misinformation? I'm shocked.

Last edited:

I'm not sure why she chose to say that PEG is used in antifreeze, which is a lie, when it actually is used in hydraulic fluid, cleaning solutions and polyurethane manufacture. But, that won't stop me from taking it to prep for my next colonoscopy.

I will cite Churchill when the Penn State administration admits to culpability for being moral midgets. Or at least being traumatized by the Sandusky scandal. How about if we compromise, and the new (incoming) President hangs a shingle on his or her door that reads: "Sandusky slept (and sometimes still slumbers) here"?

Here is another topic. Run those educated Doc's who by chance also posess natural immunity due to prior CV infection out of town on a rail for not towing the line.

https://t.co/k6AOC3iArd
My daughter is a nurse. Her and her husband had been trying to have a baby for a long time and found out several weeks ago that she is pregnant. Her employer has started pressuring the nurses to be vaccinated but shes refusing to do it and said if it comes to losing her job she is willing to go ahead and lose her job. I dont know what to tell her. Just feel bad for her because she has worked like a dog taking care of covid patients, actually got covid herself during the early stages of the virus hitting and passed it on to her hubby as well. Shes looking into getting some sort of waiver but still feel bad the way all our nurses are being treated after all they have been through the past couple years.

My daughter is a nurse. Her and her husband had been trying to have a baby for a long time and found out several weeks ago that she is pregnant. Her employer has started pressuring the nurses to be vaccinated but shes refusing to do it and said if it comes to losing her job she is willing to go ahead and lose her job. I dont know what to tell her. Just feel bad for her because she has worked like a dog taking care of covid patients, actually got covid herself during the early stages of the virus hitting and passed it on to her hubby as well. Shes looking into getting some sort of waiver but still feel bad the way all our nurses are being treated after all they have been through the past couple years.
My wife's OB recommended getting the shot after the 1st trimester is over, so hopefully she's only a couple weeks away

Here is another topic. Run those educated Doc's who by chance also posess natural immunity due to prior CV infection out of town on a rail for not towing the line.

How long does natural immunity last doctor? Also, don't worry about the thousands of epidemiologists and immunologists who research the vaccines and their safety, keep posting garbage from trash websites and cherry pick doctors like the one before who do not have expertise in this field. I wish this thread would die so I do not have to see the bullshit you continue to post. We get it, you are an antivaxxer but you do not need to keep peddling it, especially when you constantly back it up with extremely questionable source material.

Wishing her the absolute best. I truly hope everything works out for her......Grandpa :)

RMG, I think it should be pointed out that your message 1146 was a link to a blog post from a blogger oncologist. Why does your doctor that doesn't have expertise in this field carry more sway than Google's doctor that doesn't have expertise in this field? Because he confirms your biases?

Why would she not get the vaccine to protect herself and baby?

Reactions: crablegs1
RMG, I think it should be pointed out that your message 1146 was a link to a blog post from a blogger oncologist. Why does your doctor that doesn't have expertise in this field carry more sway than Google's doctor that doesn't have expertise in this field? Because he confirms your biases?
I'll get back to you once I talk to my mechanic, plumber and electrician. :). Seriously......what is an "Expert"?? .......In the early-mid 70's ..in college.....I attended numerous lectures on "Global Warming/Greenhouse Effect etc" I listened to an "Expert" with several Doctorates and Awards and publications as long as my arm describe in detail how the Earth was headed for an Ice Age because of increased CO2 blocking incoming sunlight.....cooling the planet and dooming us to Ice Ages. Of course the next "Expert" had just as many Doctorates and awards/Publications who argued that the increase in CO2 would cause exactly the opposite.....,dooming us to increasing temperatures by "Trapping in" the Sun's heat. Imagine my confusion. I shared this experience with my students every year. I told my students to think and research for themselves. I defined an "Expert" as "Someone who can no longer spert". I stand by that to this day. The passage of time will and has revealed which "Expert" was most accurate. Beware of the "Experts"

I never stated that the doctor from my link held more sway. I was simply showing that for every post he puts up there is another that refutes it. I have never posted a link to an article to show my beliefs are correct, they have only been a response to his posts. Honestly, I know what this thread is for and wish it would die but lets at least let it be balanced to show that there are two sides to every story. He posts articles to prove his point, mainly unprovoked posts where as so am only posting links that show the other side to his posts.

I'll get back to you once I talk to my mechanic, plumber and electrician. :). Seriously......what is an "Expert"?? .......In the early-mid 70's ..in college.....I attended numerous lectures on "Global Warming/Greenhouse Effect etc" I listened to an "Expert" with several Doctorates and Awards and publications as long as my arm describe in detail how the Earth was headed for an Ice Age because of increased CO2 blocking incoming sunlight.....cooling the planet and dooming us to Ice Ages. Of course the next "Expert" had just as many Doctorates and awards/Publications who argued that the increase in CO2 would cause exactly the opposite.....,dooming us to increasing temperatures by "Trapping in" the Sun's heat. Imagine my confusion. I shared this experience with my students every year. I told my students to think and research for themselves. I defined an "Expert" as "Someone who can no longer spert". I stand by that to this day. The passage of time will and has revealed which "Expert" was most accurate. Beware of the "Experts"
I don't know. You should ask RMG.

ADVERTISEMENT