ADVERTISEMENT

COVID gratuitous dumpster fire thread

And, you don't even have to test negative at the end of those five days, but wear a mask, just in case. LOL.

Edit: AND, the reason you don't need to take a test at the end of those five days? A PCR test can show positive for up to 12 WEEKS after you've had covid. And, we're just now finding this out?

The science for this one is easy. The science says the airlines were fixing to lose way too much money due to canceling flights.
And there is no appetite for any more bailouts

1. WOW. Did you not check the date on that article. That was almost 2 years ago. Did you even Google N95 masks for sale? Of course not. Try Amazon.....you can by dozens from hundreds of suppliers. I just bought 50 American Made N95 on Monday. Using and spreading outdated info is dangerous Mis-Information...as if you care.
2. The recent info is there if you choose to be informed....as if you care
3. The evidence that they didn't follow guidelines is obvious to anyone ...but you. So many players or coaches etc. got infected that they had to cancel their participation. Period. The guidelines are quite simple. Wear a quality mask. Social Distance. Avoid people and locations that don't follow those two simple rules. GET TESTED. Wash often. Use 91% alcohol or equivilant to clean up areas. Avoid people and places that don't follow those simple rules. Common Sense. My son was on an aircraft carrier during the Pandemic. 8,000 sailors on a floating tin can. He worked as a Nuclear Tech....many floors under the surface. Less than 2% of Sailors work in that department. They can't get sick. If a dozen fall sick in the same area they might shut down the Nuclear engines and therefore the entire Ship. So they don't get sick. They follow simple guidelines. They wear masks. They get tested. They avoid anyplace that doesn't follow simple protocols. Sure...they have to avoid bars. They order to go or get it delivered. They shop online. They avoid big crowds....and often personal family contact. They get tested...a lot. They do what they HAVE to do. It might be weeks before someone tests positive and they never had a remotely serious outbreak. Because they followed the simple basic CDC guidelines and TOOK THEM SERIOUSLY. All for one. They are our defense force. Their job was too important to fail. The football team failed because too many people didn't take the common sense guidelines seriously. Which particular Guideline? I have no clue. But it has been proven it can be done. It can't be done if a a few question the basic rules and decide they are for others. It can't be done if a few find the sacrifices too infringing on their individual desires. It can't be done if a few question the common sense Science and decide it isn't for them. It can't be done if a few decide to believe outdated and/or dangerous misinformation. It can be done if one chooses to be informed or at least trust that if they all do their part....they will succeed. Happy New Year!

PS: I just read an article that said the French Crossbow was by far the most powerful weapon on planet Earth......apparently far more powerful than a Hydrogen Bomb. Wait........I have just been informed that the article I read was from 1025 AD...........Nevermind :) #researchmatters
All of that to admit that you can't provide a link to these fictitious guidelines that UCLA could have followed that would have guaranteed that they would not get covid. 🙄

By the way, the article that I posted clearly says, right at the top of the page, for all to see, "UPDATED NOVEMBER 29, 2021." They're right on the top of their game at the CDC, aren't they?

I wonder how those N95 masks stay on in football practice.

Last edited:
Reactions: 86PSUPaul
But, but, but, trust the science. Every other time in history science was meant to be tested, not blindly trusted.

oh, and the CDC just admitted that they changed their reccomendations, not because of science, but because of what they felt people would accept. But we are supposed to not question them and trust their science.

oh, and Sportfan is coming across as very pompous!

But, but, but, trust the science. Every other time in history science was meant to be tested, not blindly trusted.

oh, and the CDC just admitted that they changed their reccomendations, not because of science, but because of what they felt people would accept. But we are supposed to not question them and trust their science.

Anyone who believes that either the five or ten day thing was based on science is welcome to come to my place today to hang out. All three covid patients are in either their sixth or seventh day. Come on over. 🙄

Wasn't that a dr from geisinger who made that recommendation bc of the shortage of workers? Now that is science!

So, we only have to stay home 5 days to quarantine instead of 10, now, despite a new variant that is apparently max-contagious mode?

I'm not even anti-whatever... But I struggle to follow the logic, sometimes.
If your vaccinated you don't have to do anything just go on with life.

Not meaning to be offensive hear but it doesn't freaking matter. The people who I run into who are anti vaxxers could care less if the vaccine was 100 percent effective. They won't get it because of politics which is stupid. Science goes so far and not everything has the time to be tested and retested in a lab when it spreads as fast as it does. People can believe what they want science or not but basing a health issue on political beliefs is sled dog dumb no matter how you slice it.

Not meaning to be offensive hear but it doesn't freaking matter. The people who I run into who are anti vaxxers could care less if the vaccine was 100 percent effective. They won't get it because of politics which is stupid. Science goes so far and not everything has the time to be tested and retested in a lab when it spreads as fast as it does. People can believe what they want science or not but basing a health issue on political beliefs is sled dog dumb no matter how you slice it.
What you have against sled dogs?

Reactions: Cali_Nittany

Interesting. I run into few pure anti-vaxxers. The people that I run into that are not getting the Covid vax are not anti-vaxxers, per se. They carefully weighed their individual risk factors (age, health, comorbidities) against the benefits of the vax (you can still get Covid and spread it) and they made informed decisions based on their individual circumstances. They get other vaccines, to include the annual flu vaccines, but their calculus for Covid works out that they don't think the benefits are worth the risks for this one vaccine.

If I was a healthy, in shape, 33 year old, I would be thinking long and hard about it myself.

Interesting. I run into few pure anti-vaxxers. The people that I run into that are not getting the Covid vax are not anti-vaxxers, per se. They carefully weighed their individual risk factors (age, health, comorbidities) against the benefits of the vax (you can still get Covid and spread it) and they made informed decisions based on their individual circumstances. They get other vaccines, to include the annual flu vaccines, but their calculus for Covid works out that they don't think the benefits are worth the risks for this one vaccine.

If I was a healthy, in shape, 33 year old, I would be thinking long and hard about it myself.
I’d be real interested in someone who thinks the benefits of a flu vaccine are higher than the covid vaccine.

I’d be real interested in someone who thinks the benefits of a flu vaccine are higher than the covid vaccine.

For one, the flu vaccine has a better chance of preventing you from getting and spreading the flu than the Covid vaccine does of preventing you from getting and spreading Covid. For the young and healthy specifically, the danger of death from flu exceeds the threat of death from Covid. And, the flu vaccine is older technology with decades of history behind it, whereas the long term effects of mRNA vaccines are still largely unknown because there is no long term history with this "vaccine". So, if you are healthy with little chance of getting severely ill from a disease that 99.7% of people survive from anyway then it is possible for the vaccine risks to exceed the vaccine benefits for the young and healthy. One size does not fit all.

. For the young and healthy specifically, the danger of death from flu exceeds the threat of death from Covid.
I’m not sure if this is true. My understanding is the risk of death is significantly higher for all adult age groups. Can you share your source?

I’m not sure if this is true. My understanding is the risk of death is significantly higher for all adult age groups. Can you share your source?

I don't disagree with Covid being more deadly for adult age groups. For kids, it is not as clear cut. One thing that makes it difficult to assess is that flu season severity varies from year to year making perfect apples to apples comparisons a bit more difficult. Here is one set of statistics provided by the CDC in a CNS News article:

CDC: Seasonal Flu Cases Increasing in USA; Most Among Children and Young Adults

And unlike COVID, flu puts young children at high risk: "Most influenza A(H3N2) infections have occurred among children and young adults ages 5-24 years; however, the proportion of infections occurring among adults age 25 years and older has been increasing," CDC said in its most recent update.

"The first two influenza-associated pediatric deaths this season were reported this week" [week 50 out of 52], CDC said. "Both cases were associated with influenza-A virus infections."

Pediatric COVID deaths vs. flu deaths

CDC says 668 children, ages 0-17, have died of COVID-involved illness since the start of the pandemic in January 2020, almost two years ago. Those 668 children, most with underlying conditions, represent less than one percent, or 0.0826 percent, of the total 807,774 people who have died of COVID so far in the United States.

By contrast, 434 children ages 0-17 died in the 2019-2020 flu season, or 1.98 percent of the total 21,909 flu deaths in that one year. In the 2018-2019 flu season, 372 children ages 0-17 died of flu, or 1.697 percent of the total 27,619 people who died in the U.S. that year.

So in those two years, more young children (806) died of flu – or 20.65 percent more than the 668 who have died of COVID in almost two years.

(Flu activity was unusually low throughout the 2020-2021 flu season because of COVID mitigation measures.)

According to CDC: "Although all children younger than 5 years old are considered at higher risk of serious flu complications, the highest risk is for those younger than 2 years old, with the highest hospitalization and death rates among infants younger than 6 months old.

I don't disagree with Covid being more deadly for adult age groups. For kids, it is not as clear cut. One thing that makes it difficult to assess is that flu season severity varies from year to year making perfect apples to apples comparisons a bit more difficult. Here is one set of statistics provided by the CDC in a CNS News article:

CDC: Seasonal Flu Cases Increasing in USA; Most Among Children and Young Adults

And unlike COVID, flu puts young children at high risk: "Most influenza A(H3N2) infections have occurred among children and young adults ages 5-24 years; however, the proportion of infections occurring among adults age 25 years and older has been increasing," CDC said in its most recent update.

"The first two influenza-associated pediatric deaths this season were reported this week" [week 50 out of 52], CDC said. "Both cases were associated with influenza-A virus infections."

Pediatric COVID deaths vs. flu deaths

CDC says 668 children, ages 0-17, have died of COVID-involved illness since the start of the pandemic in January 2020, almost two years ago. Those 668 children, most with underlying conditions, represent less than one percent, or 0.0826 percent, of the total 807,774 people who have died of COVID so far in the United States.

By contrast, 434 children ages 0-17 died in the 2019-2020 flu season, or 1.98 percent of the total 21,909 flu deaths in that one year. In the 2018-2019 flu season, 372 children ages 0-17 died of flu, or 1.697 percent of the total 27,619 people who died in the U.S. that year.

So in those two years, more young children (806) died of flu – or 20.65 percent more than the 668 who have died of COVID in almost two years.

(Flu activity was unusually low throughout the 2020-2021 flu season because of COVID mitigation measures.)

According to CDC: "Although all children younger than 5 years old are considered at higher risk of serious flu complications, the highest risk is for those younger than 2 years old, with the highest hospitalization and death rates among infants younger than 6 months old.
So just to clarify, these people that are making the decision not to take the covid vaccine, but are taking the flu vaccine are children?

Reactions: 1032004
So just to clarify, these people that are making the decision not to take the covid vaccine, but are taking the flu vaccine are children?

No, but they have parents making the decision for them. So, I have gotten the flu shot myself every year for 40 consecutive years, starting when I joined the military at 19. Based on my risks, I chose to get the Covid vaccine as soon as I was eligible and I also received the booster as soon as I was eligible for it.

As a parent, I chose to get my young children the flu shots every year from practically their birth. With what is known now, I would not choose to get my children of the same age the Covid vaccine. The risk of myocarditis and the unknown long term effects of the virus for someone with so many years left to live are not worth having my kids' expected Covid survival rate go from 99.9% to 99.94% Your personal calculus may come up with a different answer for you and yours. I say more power to you.

No, but they have parents making the decision for them. So, I have gotten the flu shot myself every year for 40 consecutive years, starting when I joined the military at 19. Based on my risks, I chose to get the Covid vaccine as soon as I was eligible and I also received the booster as soon as I was eligible for it.

As a parent, I chose to get my young children the flu shots every year from practically their birth. With what is known now, I would not choose to get my children of the same age the Covid vaccine. The risk of myocarditis and the unknown long term effects of the virus for someone with so many years left to live are not worth having my kids' expected Covid survival rate go from 99.9% to 99.94% Your personal calculus may come up with a different answer for you and yours. I say more power to you.
Ok, we’ve veered a long way from my question.

i'm a little confused about why you put the bolded part above on the cons side of vaccination. wouldn't the uncertainty of the long term effects of infection be a reason to get the vaccine, since we're pretty sure it at least lowers the odds of highly negative outcomes once infected?

Little Buckeye will never be the same...
Priceless, As an Old Man...love when someone can make me actually laugh outloud

hats off to you sir:)
giphy-downsized-large.gif

Reactions: 82bordeaux
We have veered exactly where your questions led.
My question was about the people who choose to get the flu vaccine and not the covid vaccine. That would not be children as they are not making that choice. All the data you’re sharing on children is irrelevant to the question at hand.

But I can see why you’re doing it because you falsely claimed that the flu was deadlier than covid and that was a reason people are choosing not to get vaccinated.

yeah it seems a bit disingenuous to draw an equivalency between a couple democrats showing skepticism 6 months before the vax came out to an entire right wing media ecosystem committed to downplaying covid and opposing the vaccine for nearly the last year. doesn’t excuse the former, but let’s not get carried away.

Explain.

One objection was based on who occupied 1600 Pennsylvania Ave and the change occurred when the occupant changed.

The other is based upon the lack of testing, the changing goal posts, the growing list of contraindications.

For the record, it's idiotic to complain about a "right wing media ecosystem" when Dr. Malone is permanently suspended from TWITter, while you better not get between Fauci and a camera or microphone.

My question was about the people who choose to get the flu vaccine and not the covid vaccine. That would not be children as they are not making that choice. All the data you’re sharing on children is irrelevant to the question at hand.

But I can see why you’re doing it because you falsely claimed that the flu was deadlier than covid and that was a reason people are choosing not to get vaccinated.
I love asking these people which manufacturer made their flu shot. I get this in return..

I love asking these guys which manufacturer made their flu shot. They look at me like...
giphy.gif

Reactions: crablegs1
I believe the benefits of the flu vaccine are higher than the covid vaccine. The flu vaccine has proven to be effective in preventing infection, obviously depending upon which variant shows up in a given year. The covid vaccine does not prevent infection. I personally know many people who chose to get the vaccine, got covid, and got very sick, and some sadly passed away, and they were fully vaxxed, whatever that means now. In my opinion, the covid vaccine is useless. I have God given natural antibodies that are working just fine.

Reactions: Ski and 86PSUPaul
I personally know many people who chose to get the vaccine, got covid, and got very sick, and some sadly passed away, and they were fully vaxxed, whatever that means now. In my opinion, the covid vaccine is useless.
You must know a shit ton of people...strictly statistically speaking of course. :rolleyes:
Based on this, you must know many more that were not vaxxed, got very sick, and sadly passed away.

Reactions: crablegs1
You must know a shit ton of people...strictly statistically speaking of course. :rolleyes:
Based on this, you must know many more that were not vaxxed, got very sick, and sadly passed away.
I know more people that passed that had the vaccine than those who were not vaccinated.

But it’s true. And your post was nonsense not deserving a serious reply.
Its not nonsense, it's the truth, but I guess you don't want to hear the truth. Obviously, you seem to know everything, and others opinions are nonsense. I simply replied to the post and you need to degrade and criticize, I assume that makes you feel better. This is exactly why I have been a member on this forum for over 10 years and don't post anymore, because people like you can't accept others opinions.

s
Its not nonsense, it's the truth, but I guess you don't want to hear the truth. Obviously, you seem to know everything, and others opinions are nonsense. I simply replied to the post and you need to degrade and criticize, I assume that makes you feel better. This is exactly why I have been a member on this forum for over 10 years and don't post anymore, because people like you can't accept others opinions.
Some opinions are just clearly wrong. Those opinions do not deserve respect. Do you respect the opinion of holocaust deniers or flat earthers?

I’m highly skeptical that you know multiple people that were fully vaxxed and then died of covid. It is not impossible, but would be a statistical anomaly. Basing your opinion off of that extremely small sample size, rather than the entire population for which we have data, makes it actually nonsense.

Reactions: NittanyChris
s

Some opinions are just clearly wrong. Those opinions do not deserve respect. Do you respect the opinion of holocaust deniers or flat earthers?

I’m highly skeptical that you know multiple people that were fully vaxxed and then died of covid. It is not impossible, but would be a statistical anomaly. Basing your opinion off of that extremely small sample size, rather than the entire population for which we have data, makes it actually nonsense.
Wow, from covid to the holocaust, ridiculous comparison. And no, my opinion is not wrong, its an opinion. Furthermore, you can be as skeptical as you want, but its true, 1 unvaxxed died, 5 fully vaxxed died, and it's not nonsense. Sorry to disagree with you, but in my OPINION, the vaccine does not work. I have seen enough close personal examples to convince me. I have no issues with those who want the vax and I don't look at them any differently, my own father and uncle got the vax, no problem. I have nearly 50 full time employees, and only 5 got the vaccine. It's their choice.

Wow, from covid to the holocaust, ridiculous comparison. And no, my opinion is not wrong, its an opinion. Furthermore, you can be as skeptical as you want, but its true, 1 unvaxxed died, 5 fully vaxxed died, and it's not nonsense. Sorry to disagree with you, but in my OPINION, the vaccine does not work. I have seen enough close personal examples to convince me. I have no issues with those who want the vax and I don't look at them any differently, my own father and uncle got the vax, no problem. I have nearly 50 full time employees, and only 5 got the vaccine. It's their choice.

No opinions are needed here, if you are aware of the actual vaccine effectiveness data then you would realize that you are misinformed and shouldn't rely on sample data set of six.

I love asking these people which manufacturer made their flu shot. I get this in return..

I love asking these guys which manufacturer made their flu shot. They look at me like...
giphy.gif

Fluzone Quad PF 2021-2022 Inj 0.5ML on 8/14/21.

Oh, and for Covid: Pfizer Lot #EN6200,
Pfizer Lot #EW0169,
and Moderna Lot #033F21A.

And, that GIF is your normal everyday look. GFY.

Moderna Lot #033F21A.
Ahh yes….Lot #033F21A. This is some baaad ass stuff. It turns all your bad feelings into good feelings. It’ll make you think you died and gone to heaven. You won’t ever feel any pain and make you feel sooo good….for soooo long. You don’t want any part of this shit Dewey..

Last edited:
Fluzone Quad PF 2021-2022 Inj 0.5ML on 8/14/21.

Oh, and for Covid: Pfizer Lot #EN6200,
Pfizer Lot #EW0169,
and Moderna Lot #033F21A.

And, that GIF is your normal everyday look. GFY.
Was that the HD version? Fluzone is a brand name, not the manufacturer, Sanofi is.

i'm a little confused about why you put the bolded part above on the cons side of vaccination. wouldn't the uncertainty of the long term effects of infection be a reason to get the vaccine, since we're pretty sure it at least lowers the odds of highly negative outcomes once infected?

Ahh yes….Lot #033F21A. This is some baaad ass stuff. It’ll make you think you died and gone to heaven. You won’t ever feel any pain and make you feel sooo good….for soooo long. You don’t want any of this shit Dewey..
I remember my first bofull

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT