ADVERTISEMENT

COVID gratuitous dumpster fire thread

So, something has to happen before you can discuss it as a possibility in the future? Got it.
Your Words: "Explain to me why a 25 year old young woman should not be allowed to choose whether to have this shot injected into her body."" Complete with chart of what is IN the vaccine....NOW. Nothing about this only being a possibility. I tell you that it is impossible to explain something that NEVER happened. Then it's a diversion to a choice not really being a choice and then diverting to OSHA and then diverting to: It was all about a possibility. You have NO clear or valid opening....NO cohesive or logical middle game and absolutely NO endgame and NO intention of accepting one. You don't even have the decency to knock all the pieces over and storm away. You truly are "The Song That Never Ends".......The Lamb Chop Reference you obviously missed. Please Stop. Got it??

Reactions: Dogwelder
Your Words: "Explain to me why a 25 year old young woman should not be allowed to choose whether to have this shot injected into her body."" Complete with chart of what is IN the vaccine....NOW. Nothing about this only being a possibility. I tell you that it is impossible to explain something that NEVER happened. Then it's a diversion to a choice not really being a choice and then diverting to OSHA and then diverting to: It was all about a possibility. You have NO clear or valid opening....NO cohesive or logical middle game and absolutely NO endgame and NO intention of accepting one. You don't even have the decency to knock all the pieces over and storm away. You truly are "The Song That Never Ends".......The Lamb Chop Reference you obviously missed. Please Stop. Got it??
A chart of what's in the vaccine? Where exactly was that?

Yeah, I've got it. You're not interested in an honest discussion about whether the vaccine should be mandated for all, or if individuals should be able to decide for themselves whether to get the vaccine.

Yeah, I've got it. You're not interested in an honest discussion about whether the vaccine should be mandated for all, or if individuals should be able to decide for themselves whether to get the vaccine.
That is what you got out of every example and info I posted?? Seriously?? Nothing about faulty data analysis or absurd hypothesis or combining unrelated data or using old data and projecting it into new and DIFFERENT situations. You CAN'T have an HONEST discussion about ANYTHING if your data and how you use it is FALSE ( the opposite of honest ). It boggles the mind that you still can't comprehend that is what I have been saying. Until you learn how to analyze, problem solve and use even the basics of statistical analysis......there IS NO HONEST DISCUSSION possible. PERIOD. OMG?? Just Spit-balling here but I will guess your Favorite movie is "Edge of Tomorrow"....because your posts 100% remind me of it :)

Last edited:
I didn't think I needed to but you have convinced me that I must explain: The reason the US has never brought a woman back from the Moon is that the US has never sent a woman to the Moon. You are welcome....:)

I didn't think I needed to but you have convinced me that I must explain: The reason the US has never brought a woman back from the Moon is that the US has never sent a woman to the Moon. You are welcome....:)
So. What do you think? Is talking with Tennessee on science matters a worthwhile use of time? :)

That is what you got out of every example and info I posted?? Seriously?? Nothing about faulty data analysis or absurd hypothesis or combining unrelated data or using old data and projecting it into new and DIFFERENT situations. You CAN'T have an HONEST discussion about ANYTHING if your data and how you use it is FALSE ( the opposite of honest ). It boggles the mind that you still can't comprehend that is what I have been saying. Until you learn how to analyze, problem solve and use even the basics of statistical analysis......there IS NO HONEST DISCUSSION possible. PERIOD. OMG?? Just Spit-balling here but I will guess your Favorite movie is "Edge of Tomorrow"....because your posts 100% remind me of it :)
So, the CDC data that showed a grand total of 2,015 deaths from covid in females aged 25-34, during the entire pandemic was incorrect? I wonder if the comorbidity data is available.

Based upon that data, alone, I'll stick with my contention that whether to get the jab or not should be a personal decision, not a governmental mandate.

Thanks for your persuasive discussion, though. You almost had me.

You already posted about this pre-print, non peer reviewed article. Is there something new you want to share?

• Haha
You already posted about this pre-print, non peer reviewed article. Is there something new you want to share?
The good thing about early cheerleaders of non-peer-reviewed, inconclusive ideas, such as hydroxychloroquine as a COVID treatment, is that if and when the idea proves not useful, the cheerleaders retract their cheerleading with the same gusto as their cheerleading, and refrain from cheerleading the next unripe idea, such as injecting bleach. :)

I would ask a simple question to those that would cite the article above as proof of anything:

Would you take the vaccine based on the same science/data/statistical analysis?

People who openly profess to NOT trust the science and medicine to prevent them from getting the virus and/or severe symptoms are 100% entitled to their choices. That said..... Explain why those same people flood the ICU beds NOW trusting that the same science and medicine will save their lives.

Last edited:
I would ask a simple question to those that would cite the article above as proof of anything:

Would you take the vaccine based on the same science/data/statistical analysis?
Because he is an AVINO...........Anti-Vaxxer In Name Only :)

The good thing about early cheerleaders of non-peer-reviewed, inconclusive ideas, such as hydroxychloroquine as a COVID treatment, is that if and when the idea proves not useful, the cheerleaders retract their cheerleading with the same gusto as their cheerleading, and refrain from cheerleading the next unripe idea, such as injecting bleach. :)
WHAT?? Injecting bleach is not a good idea? I have been doing it since the Great Pumpkin suggested it. Granted I feel like sh@t and bleed out of my eyes but the good news is that my urine is crystal clear and I no longer have yellow stains on my carpets and walls. Though I am pretty bummed I won't be able to write my name in the snow anymore :(

1) did you read it? Probably not

2) Did you see who posted it to Twitter amongst other forums? Dr. Malone. One of the founders of mRNA vaccines.

1) did you read it? Probably not

2) Did you see who posted it to Twitter amongst other forums? Dr. Malone. One of the founders of mRNA vaccines.
Yes. It seems very flawed. The methodology is extremely questionable and I’d like to wait for the peer review process to play out before basing any thoughts on it.

Yes. It seems very flawed. The methodology is extremely questionable and I’d like to wait for the peer review process to play out before basing any thoughts on it.

apocalypse%2Bnow%2Bquotes%2B%252827%2529.jpg

There is so much back and forth on science/voodoo/fake news, etc...that I don't even know where people stand.

Here is where I stand for the record.

1. To jab or not to jab: I am vaccinated. I think anyone that has a health condition that would increase their risk including planned pregnancy, could decline to be vaccinated and I'd consider it a logical choice. However, the facts lead to the most logical conclusion being vaccination outweighs the risks of not being vaccinated. Further, it is better for our economy, quality of life, and public welfare to have as many people vaccinated as possible.
2. Vaccine mandates: I believe it should be the employer's right to make that call 100% of the time. The government should have no right to mandate the decisions I make in my business. If I choose to mandate vaccines for employees and/or customers, it is my sole right to decide. That includes public employers. If a government chooses to mandate that their employees be vaccinated, so be it. It is your right as an employee to seek employment that better aligns with your beliefs and values.
3. Vaccine passports: I'm in favor of them. It is the choice of private institutions/business' to decide if they will be put to use at their location(s). Same goes for public places. It is their right to mandate the proof of vaccine for their institutions/venues/facilities. It is the public's right to patronize them or not.

Freedom rules. You are free to be vaccinated or not. You are free to go wherever your vaccination status allows, or not. You are free to work wherever the employer's values match yours.

What's the big deal?

There is so much back and forth on science/voodoo/fake news, etc...that I don't even know where people stand.

1. To jab or not to jab: I am vaccinated. I think anyone that has a health condition that would increase their risk including planned pregnancy, could decline to be vaccinated and I'd consider it a logical choice. However, the facts lead to the most logical conclusion being vaccination outweighs the risks of not being vaccinated. Further, it is better for our economy, quality of life, and public welfare to have as many people vaccinated as possible.
2. Vaccine mandates: I believe it should be the employer's right to make that call 100% of the time. The government should have no right to mandate the decisions I make in my business. If I choose to mandate vaccines for employees and/or customers, it is my sole right to decide. That includes public employers. If a government chooses to mandate that their employees be vaccinated, so be it. It is your right as an employee to seek employment that better aligns with your beliefs and values.
3. Vaccine passports: I'm in favor of them. It is the choice of private institutions/business' to decide if they will be put to use at their location(s). Same goes for public places. It is their right to mandate the proof of vaccine for their institutions/venues/facilities. It is the public's right to patronize them or not.

Freedom rules. You are free to be vaccinated or not. You are free to go wherever your vaccination status allows, or not. You are free to work wherever the employer's values match yours.

What's the big deal?
I agree with your statements and want the decisions to be personal and not by a government. Freedom first. Now my personal preferences are no employer mandate and no vaccine passport. I appreciate my company and what they provide and I believe the feeling is mutual for what I do for my company. It would be a crying shame if they would start telling me what I need to put in my body.
There is a huge difference in what my company pushes socially and my personal beliefs. However if they do go that path I would have to decide what is more important to me, the pay check or my beliefs. (I'm not going anywhere because I've got it pretty good so I'd have to choke on my beliefs for the almighty dollar). But I'll push my bluff for as long as possible 😉

Reactions: 82bordeaux

What's the big deal?
You are 100% correct. The problem is that many of the loudest and active demanders of freedom think/expect they have the freedom to ignore/reject your freedoms.......kinda like..."Heads I win....Tails you lose".........or better yet "My Freedom Trumps Your Freedom"_..........damned.......I just created a new bumper sticker and a Country song :)

Reactions: 82bordeaux
So, the CDC data that showed a grand total of 2,015 deaths from covid in females aged 25-34, during the entire pandemic was incorrect? I wonder if the comorbidity data is available.

Based upon that data, alone, I'll stick with my contention that whether to get the jab or not should be a personal decision, not a governmental mandate.

Thanks for your persuasive discussion, though. You almost had me.
Oh.....clearly you have been had. You just can't comprehend it. Ignore everything said about faulty analysis, Invalid comparisons, Irrelevant statistics etc....... .....just toss out some new numbers from somewhere else and continue butchering or ignoring proper analysis. But don't worry....You’re not completely useless......
You can always serve as a bad example.. Please continue :)

Oh.....clearly you have been had. You just can't comprehend it. Ignore everything said about faulty analysis, Invalid comparisons, Irrelevant statistics etc....... .....just toss out some new numbers from somewhere else and continue butchering or ignoring proper analysis. But don't worry....You’re not completely useless......
You can always serve as a bad example.. Please continue :)
Again, your poor students.

Student: This is my position. Here is my data.
You: Your data is bad, so my position is correct.
Student: But, don't show your data to support your position.
You: No, because me being able to ridicule your data proves my position. It's math and science.

Last edited:
Again, Your poor students

Student: This is my position. Here is my data.
You:1. Your data is bad, so my position is correct.
Student: 2. But, don't show your data to support your position.
You: No,3. because me being able to ridicule your data proves my position. It's math and science.
I responded to a specific part of your post. I even highlighted it in BOLD so you would clearly see( you couldn't) what I was referring to. But AGAIN.......you can't comprehend. But thanks for responding with another completely distorted example....once again claiming "poor students". 1. I NEVER SAID THIS DATA WAS BAD. NEVER 2. Pretty much EVERY post clearly described the analytical flaws in your evaluation of the data you posted. Have someone read them to you. 3. This is just absurd. For the 50th time. Your USE of the data is fraudulent......leading to CONCLUSIONS and POSITIONS that are fraudulent. Again, Your poor students ?? You clearly have no idea what you are talking about. Stop insulting me and my students. Peace

Hey Sportsfan, I missed the part where chess started being mentioned. Are you a chess coach or something?

I responded to a specific part of your post. I even highlighted it in BOLD so you would clearly see( you couldn't) what I was referring to. But AGAIN.......you can't comprehend. But thanks for responding with another completely distorted example....once again claiming "poor students". 1. I NEVER SAID THIS DATA WAS BAD. NEVER 2. Pretty much EVERY post clearly described the analytical flaws in your evaluation of the data you posted. Have someone read them to you. 3. This is just absurd. For the 50th time. Your USE of the data is fraudulent......leading to CONCLUSIONS and POSITIONS that are fraudulent. Again, Your poor students ?? You clearly have no idea what you are talking about. Stop insulting me and my students. Peace
Insulting? Elsewhere in the thread I indicated you were the smartest person in the room. Insulting would be saying that no one in the room is any better for it.

And, certainly not insulting your students. I'm commiserating with them.

Hey Sportsfan, I missed the part where chess started being mentioned. Are you a chess coach or something?
I thought I would post this here since it is a "Chess Adjacent" Story: ..Norm Macdonald died of cancer yesterday. He had been fighting it for over a decade. He didn't ever mention his cancer....but he did actually tell this joke on stage:
"When someone dies of cancer People say: "He lost his battle with Cancer". I disagree. When you die.....the cancer dies too. That's a Draw" ............Horribly sad topic.....but that is a Helluva Joke. Very Unique Comedian. RIP Norm

Good try, again.
Now most of the story is behind a paywall but the title and first paragraph tell you everything you need to know.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT