ADVERTISEMENT

court order records unsealed in PSU administrators case

Lawyers for Spanier and Curley have argued against releasing the documents.

I'm not sure why they would be opposed to it. The trials and sentences are done and I can't see how the release would hurt Spanier's appeal. Let the sunshine in.

I'm not sure why they would be opposed to it. The trials and sentences are done and I can't see how the release would hurt Spanier's appeal. Let the sunshine in.

They argued this before their trials were done, I'd imagine.

So, why would C/S/S want the records to remain sealed?
Gotta assume it's because there's sensitive (potentially privileged) stuff they don't want the public to see or know.

Baldwin screwed up in one of the worst ways an attorney possibly could.

Sunshine may not be a good thing. Like sunshine on things they don't want made public.

Reactions: step.eng69
Sunshine may not be a good thing. Like sunshine on things they don't want made public.

The problem I see, the aggregate of the pure spectral colors is not complete to "let the sun shine in". :mad:

ROYGBIV. Or is it VIBGYOR? I prefer the former.
The storm is over for our C/C/S but haven't seen the rainbow
stock-vector-rainbow-rainbow-icon-flat-design-vector-491992894.jpg

According to The Lair, PSU has been approving settlements to "victims" for decades......dating back to the time Joe was AD. Those guys really have their fingers on the pulse of the issue.
Gotta hand it to JVP, he was running around cleaning up after Sandusky (since Lairs don't Lie) and still found the time to beat the Pitters like his red headed step child. LOL

Reactions: TenerHallTerror
According to The Lair, PSU has been approving settlements to "victims" for decades......dating back to the time Joe was AD. Those guys really have their fingers on the pulse of the issue.
Gotta hand it to JVP, he was running around cleaning up after Sandusky (since Lairs don't Lie) and still found the time to beat the Pitters like his red headed step child. LOL
regretfully, PSU leadership gave PSU's insurance company million$ of reason$ to disclose that there have been Jerry-related claims since the 70s. Even a broken clock is right 2x a day.

regretfully, PSU leadership gave PSU's insurance company million$ of reason$ to disclose that there have been Jerry-related claims since the 70s. Even a broken clock is right 2x a day.
I agree, but that's not what they are claiming. They are saying that checks were written in the 70s.

Reactions: anon_1eeb2b426hv3y
I agree, but that's not what they are claiming. They are saying that checks were written in the 70s.
a very good point. I guess there could be legal settlements without payments made, but it's not the norm.

https://www.cbssports.com/collegefo...ettlement-payments-included-victims-from-1971

"A school spokesperson told the Associated Press and ESPN that Penn State's settlements with alleged abuse victims include instances that date back to 1971, two years after Sandusky was named a full-time assistant coach."

I wonder what Steve Garban would have to say about that.

Apparently the CDT used the famous Sandusky/Paterno picture to lead this story with.

They've gone downhill fast with their new editor. They've basically scrapped any kind of local coverage and have gone for the clickbait headline model

Yes, Joe knew what his lowly linebackers coach was doing and promoted him. Then covered up for him for decades, despite never really liking him. He even let his kids and grandkids be around him to complete the lie. Then after covering up for him for years, decided to report a potential abuse allegation in 2001 (that we now know wasn't abuse), and not give MM a promotion to keep him quiet. Then decided to help the prosecution put him away. The fact that Joe always did the right thing, no matter how tough, in every other aspect of his life and career... was simply part of the cover-up.

Those spitters... champions of logic and common sense!

Last edited:

What worries me is that Spanier/Curley and their attorneys may have conflicting interests. I am still baffled how Spanier's attorney did not even question the date of Mike Kajak's "abuse".

How is that “confusing” you?

Have you been following along at all over the last 7 years?

The checks were written by Ira - since 2012 - to claimants who claimed “abuse” from as long ago as the 1970’s (including the loon who claimed Jerry picked him up hitch-hiking, plied him with booze and dope, and then jumped him from behind and ass-raped him)

That loon (Randy Tice) was also a hardcore Penn State football fan who held season tickets during a time when both his "rapist" and the man who "covered it up" were coaching the team. Also when Joe Paterno was fired, Tice's daughter posted on Facebook that she was outraged over what they did to Joe. And to top it off, this man's collaborating "witness" was Bernie McCune!

Yes, Joe knew what his lowly linebackers coach was doing and promoted him. Then covered up for him for decades, despite never really liking him. He even let his kids and grandkids be around him to complete the lie. Then after covering up for him for years, decided to report a potential abuse allegation in 2001 (that we now know wasn't abuse), and not give MM a promotion to keep him quiet. Then decided to help the prosecution put him away. The fact that Joe always did the right thing, no matter how tough, in every other aspect of his life and career... was simply part of the cover-up.

Those spitters... champions of logic and common sense!

Yep. They also believe that fact that Joe provided Sandusky some assistance in starting up the Second Mile is proof that Joe knew Sandusky was a pedophile and actively enabled him. But then will also say Joe only cared about football. So why would he help his defensive coordinator start a children's charity that would certainly take time away from Sandusky that would have otherwise been devoted to coaching/making the team better. What dipshits!

Reactions: pandaczar12
How is that “confusing” you?

Have you been following along at all over the last 7 years?

The checks were written by Ira - since 2012 - to claimants who claimed “abuse” from as long ago as the 1970’s (including the loon who claimed Jerry picked him up hitch-hiking, plied him with booze and dope, and then jumped him from behind and ass-raped him)

That loon (Randy Tice) was also a hardcore Penn State football fan who held season tickets during a time when both his "rapist" and the man who "covered it up" were coaching the team. Also when Joe Paterno was fired, Tice's daughter posted on Facebook that she was outraged over what they did to Joe. And to top it off, this man's collaborating "witness" was Bernie McCue!

Who’s this Randy Tice guy? I saw him mentioned as the alleged 71’ accuser in Ziegler’s rejected Newsweek article, but don’t know too much about him.

All I can find about the guy was that he has a failed lawsuit against CATA, writes long aggressive rants in local news comment sections, and now supposedly owns a fancy Steelers-themed car.

Anything else I should know about this guy?

Who’s this Randy Tice guy? I saw him mentioned as the alleged 71’ accuser in Ziegler’s rejected Newsweek article, but don’t know too much about him.

All I can find about the guy was that he has a failed lawsuit against CATA, writes long aggressive rants in local news comment sections, and now supposedly owns a fancy Steelers-themed car.

Anything else I should know about this guy?

If you read the actual Ganin article, you'll find this nugget.

https://www.cnn.com/2016/05/06/us/jerry-sandusky-victims-paterno-penn-state/index.html

The friend, Bernie McCue, told CNN that Victim A used Joe Paterno's name when he told him the story in 1972.

The late McCue was a notorious town drunk who often engaged in public protesting, notably at the Paterno statue before it was taken down. He also tweeted in April 2016 that he respected Joe before the scandal broke in 2011, but then told Ganim that he knew Paterno covered up a Sandusky rape in 1972! No one could argue that is anything other than obvious bullshit.

The screenshots shared by ChiTownLion also include a statement by the lawyer of the 1976 accuser (accuser was Michael Quinn, lawyer was Michael Boni). The 1976 accusers own lawyer actually stated that there is no evidence Joe Paterno knew about the 1970s accusations.

Bernie McCue was a pedophile.
I’ve heard that claim, but what is the evidence to back that up? Did not see anything like that mentioned in his criminal court records (just numerous harassment charges in 2000s and afterward.

I’m not saying you’re wrong, what what is there to back this claim up?

I’ve heard that claim, but what is the evidence to back that up? Did not see anything like that mentioned in his criminal court records (just numerous harassment charges in 2000s and afterward.

He groomed me and my friends and attempted to sexual assault one of my friends.

You will not find it in a police report. Things like this were not taken seriously back in the 80's. The focus of most police was the war on drugs.

It was not until a few years ago when I started to learn how these predators work did I realize what really happened.

He groomed me and my friends and attempted to sexual assault one of my friends.

You will not find it in a police report. Things like this were not taken seriously back in the 80's. The focus of most police was the war on drugs.

It was not until a few years ago when I started to learn how these predators work did I realize what really happened.

Are you still in contact with these friends and could they corroborate these allegations?

Scott mentioned via Twitter he was drafting a slander lawsuit against McCue before he died. He mentioned that during his investigation, he discovered evidence Bernie may have had similar "issues" in his past, including with the ‘71 accuser.

If true, I’m sorry for what you and your friends went through.

What I’m curious about is why would a supposedly educated man with a graduate degree and ability to get into a PhD program (according to his obituary) serially harass locals, berate the Paternos, and act in an erratically hostile fashion?

At best, he comes of as an unstable individual with dubious credibility.

Some made up ridiculous claims about Paterno, and people believe it without question. But people want proof when it's about the mentally unstable local drunk? SMH

Some made up ridiculous claims about Paterno, and people believe it without question. But people want proof when it's about the mentally unstable local drunk? SMH

I agree with you on the dubious credibility on these 70s claims. If we plan to push back, I want it based on as solid a foundation of evidence as possible.

Reactions: Zenophile
Are you still in contact with these friends and could they corroborate these allegations?

Scott mentioned via Twitter he was drafting a slander lawsuit against McCue before he died. He mentioned that during his investigation, he discovered evidence Bernie may have had similar "issues" in his past, including with the ‘71 accuser.

What I’m curious about is why would a supposedly educated man with a graduate degree and ability to get into a PhD program (according to his obituary) serially harass locals, berate the Paternos, and act in an erratically hostile fashion?

I am not in contact with anybody directly involved but did get corroboration from people that knew about it. I spoke to a police officer about it and he knew all the boys very well. I do not know if he did anything with the info or not. The incidents were more than 30 years ago.

Don’t feel sorry for me. I am not a victim. I was lucky that I was not. It not something that I thought about for over 30 years until I saw Bernie’s face on a video.

I did contact Jay a while back.

When I read the 71 accusation, I thought it sounded more like Bernie than it did Jerry. I also wrote to Ganim but of course she did not respond.

I agree with you on the dubious credibility on these 70s claims. If we plan to push back, I want it based on as solid a foundation of evidence as possible.
“Push Back”?

I’m not sure what could be considered “pushing back”...... the claimants were paid - thereby certifying, for all intents and purposes, their veracity - certainly ending any debate vav their merit...... and the “person of interest”, BMc, is dead.

I can’t imagine one would have much success filing a slander or defamation suit against a corpse.

Is there some other venue in play?

Legally speaking, yes they got settlements (supposedly the lowest paid nuisance value according to Scott and Ziegler’s article), but it is valid to point out that they were paid to mitigate the potential legal costs to even investigate and dismiss them (economic factors). Even Dan Wetzel expresses doubts on the validity of the 76 claim.

PSU and insurance investigators admitted the university made little to no effort to investigate the credibility of the claims.

All we can do is highlight why it is reason to be skeptical (if not disbelieve) these claims.

I am not in contact with anybody directly involved but did get corroboration from people that knew about it. I spoke to a police officer about it and he knew all the boys very well. I do not know if he did anything with the info or not. The incidents were more than 30 years ago.

Don’t feel sorry for me. I am not a victim. I was lucky that I was not. It not something that I thought about for over 30 years until I saw Bernie’s face on a video.

I did contact Jay a while back.

When I read the 71 accusation, I thought it sounded more like Bernie than it did Jerry. I also wrote to Ganim but of course she did not respond.

So while you don’t have contact with these friends, you do have someone who can corroborate these allegations. That’s good.

It’s about building a case in the public eye on why McCue is not a credible source (beyond what is already public).

I wish we had more info on this Tice guy, going by his FB posts and erratic comments on news articles, he comes off as an unstable figure of questionable credibility as well.

It’s about building a case in the public eye on why McCue is not a credible source (beyond what is already public).

I am not sure what you are suggesting. I am certainly not going to go on a crusade to change the public opinion on a very minor character in the Sandusky saga. I have a very demanding job and I am paying full tuition for a kid at PSU. I don't have the time, money, or energy to pursue this further.

The truth of the matter is that nobody really cares except for the people on this messageboard. PSU and Joe's reputation is trashed and me exposing Bernie McCue is not going to change that.

So while you don’t have contact with these friends, you do have someone who can corroborate these allegations. That’s good.

I wish we had more info on this Tice guy, going by his FB posts and erratic comments on news articles, he comes off as an unstable figure of questionable credibility as well.

What more info do you think we need on Tice? I think its very obvious the guy has no credibility.

Once of the problems with these case is that every time you state facts that damage the credibility of once of these accusers (criminal record, substance abuse, reputation as a liar, etc.), people automatically respond "It was the sexual abuse by Sandusky" that caused them to be so messed up. It's become a no-win situation.

What more info do you think we need on Tice? I think its very obvious the guy has no credibility.

Once of the problems with these case is that every time you state facts that damage the credibility of once of these accusers (criminal record, substance abuse, reputation as a liar, etc.), people automatically respond "It was the sexual abuse by Sandusky" that caused them to be so messed up. It's become a no-win situation.

The reverse actually. Sandusky targeted messed up kids. He certainly seems to have done nothing to improve Any of their situations

ADVERTISEMENT