ADVERTISEMENT

Counter the Franklin "hot seat" articles

blion72

Jan 1, 2010
this can very easily be countered by Sandy, who should come out publicly and indicate that there is no merit to these rumors. PSU can control the message by publicly engaging the media to show there is no truth. I have heard Sandy addressing this informally. Go public to the actual media that is publishing this stuff.

this can very easily be countered by Sandy, who should come out publicly and indicate that there is no merit to these rumors. PSU can control the message by publicly engaging the media to show there is no truth. I have heard Sandy addressing this informally. Go public to the actual media that is publishing this stuff.

Did you ever think maybe he should be on the Hot Seat? It called accountability!

As for "Sandy" - she is an incompetent lackey of the BOT. She is wasting money, offending people, and supervising the demolishment of our flagship sports program (and revenue generator). She should be OUT - like yesterday.

Flaming idiot!

Because Franklin has achieved such great results?

Or because Sandy has done such a bang-up job? Has she hired another Asst. AD? My God - in the real world she would have been sent packing long ago. A real embarrassment to PSU.

Because Franklin has achieved such great results?

Or because Sandy has done such a bang-up job? Has she hired another Asst. AD? My God - in the real world she would have been sent packing long ago. A real embarrassment to PSU.

Your right since CJF hasn't won the NC yet he must be fired. You people are amazing idiots. Right now we were supposed to be lucky if we even had a team. That fact that this team is where it is, is a testament to how good a coach we have. I know the word fan and fanatic good hand in hand but there is a large group who have no grasp on reality or the last 5 years.

I'd love to see a poll of the people who think CJF should go are they the same people who call for a coaches head after every loss? Not sure it would be accurate but I guess we could look at old posts......Oh that's right this poster only has 100+ posts!

In another thread the OP referred to himself as a "child of the 80s." That's the key phrase here with the accent on child.

Your right since CJF hasn't won the NC yet he must be fired. You people are amazing idiots. Right now we were supposed to be lucky if we even had a team. That fact that this team is where it is, is a testament to how good a coach we have. I know the word fan and fanatic good hand in hand but there is a large group who have no grasp on reality or the last 5 years.

I'd love to see a poll of the people who think CJF should go are they the same people who call for a coaches head after every loss? Not sure it would be accurate but I guess we could look at old posts......Oh that's right this poster only has 100+ posts!

Based upon the sanctions, very lucky to still have a team.

But at some point you have to be held accountable. What can you point to that shows Penn State is making any progress overall...the team is getting worse and we are underachieving. Or do we not have more talent than Temple?

In another thread the OP referred to himself as a "child of the 80s." That's the key phrase here with the accent on child.

Just giving a reference on time perspective. Rather than name call - make an cogent argument for your points.

Or better yet ignore the media idiots posting unsubstantiated garbage for click bait.

Just giving a reference on time perspective. Rather than name call - make an cogent argument for your points.
All of your arguments lack wisdom. They are knee jerk and premature. No other explanation is needed since your complaints aren't worthy of one. If you were a manager you'd be a poor one given the characteristics you've displayed in this thread and others.

Now go and tell me how successful you've been in your career running people. That's the standard response.

All of your arguments lack wisdom. They are knee jerk and premature. No other explanation is needed since your complaints aren't worthy of one. If you were a manager you'd be a poor one given the characteristics you've displayed in this thread and others.

Now go and tell me how successful you've been in your career running people. That's the standard response.

Beautiful sweeping argument with zero content.

Why do you feel I need to justify myself too you? This is message board that encourages people to express their opinions. Feel free to express yours. Lay out your arguments. Compare it to actual results. Why else are you here?

Why do you feel I need to justify myself too you? This is message board that encourages people to express their opinions. Feel free to express yours. Lay out your arguments. Compare it to actual results. Why else are you here?
I'll stand by my above response. There is no need for elaboration.

That's funny. You feel no need to justify yourself to anyone yet you feel Barbour should publicly justify why Franklin isn't on the proverbial hot seat when he obviously isn't. The lunatic fringe (fans, media, opposing coaches) can whine and stomp their feet all they want about Franklin. Just because they want him to be on the hot seat doesn't mean he is. Why should Barbour say anything to appease them?? They'll twist and parse her words to fit their agenda anyway.

Based upon the sanctions, very lucky to still have a team.

But at some point you have to be held accountable. What can you point to that shows Penn State is making any progress overall...the team is getting worse and we are underachieving. Or do we not have more talent than Temple?

Accountable for what? For having a RS QB throw for more yards in a game then the 5 star QB did all last year?
Come back from a 21 point deficit that last year we would have had no chance even with a DL full of stars? Of course over 2 games a season does not make. My guess is baring a unbelievable run of injury's this team is playing its best ball in November, knocks off MSU and sets the stage for 2017.

If we lose Saturday you'll have a point when we blow them out will you stop? My guess is no.

That's funny. You feel no need to justify yourself to anyone yet you feel Barbour should publicly justify why Franklin isn't on the proverbial hot seat when he obviously isn't. The lunatic fringe (fans, media, opposing coaches) can whine and stomp their feet all they want about Franklin. Just because they want him to be on the hot seat doesn't mean he is. Why should Barbour say anything to appease them?? They'll twist and parse her words to fit their agenda anyway.

I think Sandy B. has a clear record of failure at Cal - you can look to up. She was fired and the academics were sliding fast. don't recall any great Cal football=, basketball or pother teams either. What has she accomplished at PSU - hire a bunch of unnecssary Asst. ADs - what exactly have they done?

And how do you know that Franklin is not on the hot seat? If he loses this week (possible) that could very well come to pass...

Accountable for what? For having a RS QB throw for more yards in a game then the 5 star QB did all last year?
Come back from a 21 point deficit that last year we would have had no chance even with a DL full of stars? Of course over 2 games a season does not make. My guess is baring a unbelievable run of injury's this team is playing its best ball in November, knocks off MSU and sets the stage for 2017.

If we lose Saturday you'll have a point when we blow them out will you stop? My guess is no.

Hope PSU gets a blowout this Saturday. But the real measure will come in the BigTen slate. Win ~8 games with a win over MSU (as you suggest) will have me more than convinced. If that does not happen, are you going view current criticism in a different light. I would say that with this defense, the chances of this team getting on a roll and doing any stage setting for 2017 is close to nil.

I think Sandy B. has a clear record of failure at Cal - you can look to up. She was fired and the academics were sliding fast. don't recall any great Cal football=, basketball or pother teams either. What has she accomplished at PSU - hire a bunch of unnecssary Asst. ADs - what exactly have they done?

And how do you know that Franklin is not on the hot seat? If he loses this week (possible) that could very well come to pass...

Perhaps in football....but PSU athletics have never been stronger. We've won multiple national championships in wrestling, fending, volleyball.....Basketball is improving, gymnastics, etc. The only place we've gotten worse is woman's basketball. Football has exceeded expectations since she came on board.

*If* she did this, then all you would hear out of the media is that this was the "dreaded vote of confidence". Best to ignore them.

Reactions: psu00
He is not on the hot seat. Next year will determine his fate.

Perhaps in football....but PSU athletics have never been stronger. We've won multiple national championships in wrestling, fending, volleyball.....Basketball is improving, gymnastics, etc. The only place we've gotten worse is woman's basketball. Football has exceeded expectations since she came on board.

PSU has not won a fencing championship since Barbour took the job.

He is not on the hot seat. Next year will determine his fate.
Agreed - we need to take a big step forward next year and Franklin needs to show he in not another Ron Zook or Brady Hoke. The Offense outside of turnovers certainly has improved so we will see but to say he is on the hot seat now is kind of stupid and if so who would replace him that will be an upgrade - coaching carousels are not the solution.

What results are you actually comparing Franklin's to? Since no coach (absolutely no coach) has ever stepped into what Franklin stepped into, how can you compare his results? Since you're trying to do something that can't be done, your argument holds no water.

I posted this elsewhere. Let me know if this confuses any pitchfork carrying idiots.

People need to really look at this. This is your 3rd, 4th, and 5th year guys. The guys that should make up the MEAT of your team and then you sprinkle in some youth. Franklin had one month to salvage that class in 2014 as well. His first 2 classes were 2015 and 2016.

OL
2012 Gaia, Dowrey, and Stanko (Gaia and Dowrey played first 2 years at DT, you'll see below)
2013 Nelson, Mahon, and Hartman...yep, that is it. (Hartman was a crazy last ditch reach IIRC)
2014 Wright, Sorrell, Brosnan, Beh (3 of the 4 weighed 260 or below and the other was a prep school guy) None have yet to make a real impact. Franklin had 1 month here..1 MONTH.

DT's
2012 Dowrey, Gaia, Austin Johnson (this jump out to anyone?)
2013 DT's Cothren (Cothran now moved there)
2014 White

LB's
2012 Wartman
2013 Bell
2014 Cabinda, Reeder

No Cabinda on Saturday, but think how lucky PSU got with 3 of those 4 signed. 2 OL in 3 classes that actually were slated to play OL and are still there. Holy crap...how did we win 7 games the last 2 years? I love it when people say the sanctions are an excuse and they are over. Good call, don't let posts like this that show you exactly how awful things were. Now you are expecting the frosh and RS frosh to save the day. That doesn't work well in college ball unless you recruit top 10 classes every year.

Reactions: WPTLION
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT