ADVERTISEMENT

Could the West Division of the Big Suck possibly be worse?

Jerry

May 29, 2001
It's a joke. Wisconsin goes down to Washington State. Iowa loses to Iowa State. Purdue lost to us. These were the teams picked to contend in that division.

So that leaves...mighty Minnesota? Northwestern? Seriously?

This conference needs a realignment (which will apparently happen when USC and UCLA arrive on the scene) because the current one is a farce and has been for quite some time.

It's a joke. Wisconsin goes down to Washington State. Iowa loses to Iowa State. Purdue lost to us. These were the teams picked to contend in that division.

This conference needs a realignment (which will apparently happen when USC and UCLA arrive on the scene) because the current one is a farce and has been for quite some time.

Ummmm...... NW lost to Duke today

Every team in the west except maybe Minnesota is garbage this year. Just someone for Ohio State to get an easy win against. Can't wait until USC and UCLA join. Hopefully Riley gets USC to where they need to be. Need to keep expanding

Georgia Southern is tied with Nebraska 28-28 towards the end of the first half. Is there another blue blood program that has fallen farther than they have?

Georgia Southern is tied with Nebraska 28-28 towards the end of the first half. Is there another blue blood program that has fallen farther than they have

Who do we count as the blue bloods?
Notre Dame, Alabama, Michigan, Nebraska, USC, Ohio State, Oklahoma and Texas?
Then no--though Texas fell pretty hard
If we count FSU, Miami and Tennessee we have some options lol

Ummmm...... NW lost to Duke today

OK, scratch Northwestern too.

Looks like it's up to the Gophers. They've rolled up 100 points in two games this year and only given up 10...against New Mexico State and Western Illinois. They're unstoppable!

Who do we count as the blue bloods?
Notre Dame, Alabama, Michigan, Nebraska, USC, Ohio State, Oklahoma and Texas?
Then no--though Texas fell pretty hard
If we count FSU, Miami and Tennessee we have some options lol
Typically it's OSU, UM, ND, OU, Texas, Bama, USC and Nebraska. UT has at least won a national title and played for another in recent memory.

Georgia Southern is tied with Nebraska 28-28 towards the end of the first half. Is there another blue blood program that has fallen farther than they have?

My God, this poor schmuck's head is going to explode. He's probably sitting on the toilet now taping another rant:

Typically it's OSU, UM, ND, OU, Texas, Bama, USC and Nebraska. UT has at least won a national title and played for another in recent memory.
That's true. Nebraska is definitely at the bottom of that group right now and will stay there as long as they have Frost

Purdue could still run the table - what convinces you that they are not a good team?

Oh I think they're very respectable and said so here after we beat them. In fact, at this point I wouldn't bet against them to win the West.

They put 56 points on Indiana State today for what that's worth. Their game next week at Syracuse should be interesting. That would be a nice win on the road if they get it.

Still, no matter how you cut things, it appears they don't measure up to the top teams in the East.

Well, it seems like this will be the last year for the divisions anyway so this will not be an issue. It's unclear what exact scheduling format the Big Ten will use next year and going forward, but they are going with top two teams for the CCG as opposed to divisions.

Reactions: Jerry
I don’t know, the B1G West can pick up a big win tonight if Nebraska can upset Georgia Southern. :oops:

Scott Frost was already on the hot seat coming into this year, and I'd say he's hanging by a thread now. Barring some amazing turn-around by Nebraska, I doubt he makes it through the year.

But all is not lost. Illinois upheld the honor of the West by beating Virginia.

Scott Frost was already on the hot seat coming into this year, and I'd say he's hanging by a thread now. Barring some amazing turn-around by Nebraska, I doubt he makes it through the year.

But all is not lost. Illinois upheld the honor of the West by beating Virginia.

Well this morning I said Frost wouldn't make it through the season. Little did I know he wouldn't make it through the day.

OK, stand by for the Franklin-to-Nebraska rumors.

Haha! I kid..I think...

Reactions: PSU Soupy
ADVERTISEMENT