ADVERTISEMENT

Could someone please explain the Win Probability % on espn?

It's reported in surreal time......
If you played a gam 100 times , what percentage of the time you would win, if Salvador Dali was your QB

Interesting. Here I had assumed that espn had taken inanity to a new level. My apologies for not appreciating their groundbreaking sophistication.

:)

It's reported in surreal time......
If you played a gam 100 times , what percentage of the time you would win, if Salvador Dali was your QB

giphy.gif

...and, what is up with the FPI? It currently has Ohio State at #2, above Oklahoma. I know that it is relatively early in the season and there are only so many data points, but that seems flipped at best. Seems crazy.

Is it online voting reported in real time?

They likely use a methodology similar to what sabermetrics does for win expectancy in baseball. If so, it would be based on score, possession, field position, down and probably distance, and time remaining. But without a link to the specific metric that you are referencing, it's not possible to confirm one way or the other.

They likely use a methodology similar to what sabermetrics does for win expectancy in baseball. If so, it would be based on score, possession, field position, down and probably distance, and time remaining. But without a link to the specific metric that you are referencing, it's not possible to confirm one way or the other.

You just made that up.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT