ADVERTISEMENT

Could Myles Martin Redshirt Next Year?

Ships crossed in the night, as I was looking it up!

To be more specific about Rogers' tourney:
- seeded 9th
- WBF unseeded Fogarty NDSU
- WBF 8 Cottrell WVU
- L 1 Martinez 10-5
- dec 11 Steiert UNI 10-4
- dec 5 Walsh 12-11
- L 2 Massa 10-4
- dec 6 Lewis 9-6

So he beat 3 higher seeds, lost only to the top 2 seeds, placed 4 spots higher than his seed, and got some bonus. Pretty good tourney.
Fair enough. Thanks Jefe.

Yes, yes they are . 2 NC contenders as far as I can see, Fix and Brock. Until they start showing more in March as of late, I'm not a believer.

I'm assuming Brock will be moving up to a very loaded 141 weight class to make room for Fix at 133. I'll also be anxious to see how Gfeller does, assume he's going to 149.

I'm assuming Brock will be moving up to a very loaded 141 weight class to make room for Fix at 133. I'll also be anxious to see how Gfeller does, assume he's going to 149.
Actually, after Willie's trip to Italy with OSU, I believe that he said that Brock to 141 was "the plan". 141 clears out some, but yeah, still a gauntlet.

Fair enough. Thanks Jefe.
This raises a good question, though: why wasn't Rogers seeded higher than 9th?

Probably because he lost to Cottrell at B12s.

So he underperformed in the postseason, which drew him Martinez maybe a round earlier than he might have otherwise.

Reactions: funkisfun12
Hmm, interesting. That would give tOSU another awesome team in two years. It also would probably make it a two horse race next year. PSU (Secretariat), and Iowa (Mr. Ed).
It almost certainly will not be Iowa. In the years PSU has won the championship Iowa has never managed to be the second guy. Third yes, but not second.

You can almost guarantee if PSU is the team to beat next year there will be someone other than Iowa carrying the second place trophy off the stage.

It almost certainly will not be Iowa. In the years PSU has won the championship Iowa has never managed to be the second guy. Third yes, but not second.

You can almost guarantee if PSU is the team to beat next year there will be someone other than Iowa carrying the second place trophy off the stage.
Well nit6, if the Iggles can win a Super Bowl, anything can happen.;)

But yeah, Iowa may find a way to finish 3rd-4th next year. We've seen it before. At this point, the hawk fans might consider that a victory.

But yeah, Iowa may find a way to finish 3rd-4th next year. We've seen it before. At this point, the hawk fans might consider that a victory.
Based on?
Zero backup for your opinion.

Based on?
Zero backup for your opinion.

Hard to believe. But it did happen.
BBIMvjl.img

Haha! When I think of cocky people, Custer always pops up. The great book “Son of the Morning Star” lays out how rash he and the 7th Cavalry were during the prelude to battle.

Very true.

The whole campaign was a bit poorly planned by senior officers.

Still, Custer was pretty fantastic at my hometown of Gettysburg, so I can understand his cockiness.

Anyway, Nelson Miles done fixed that mistake:

I like to think of Nelson Miles in this scene as Cael, with Sitting Bull as Tom Brands: the last chief of a once great empire.

That just arises from Iowa finishing 3rd or lower all but once during PSU’s run. They just haven’t been real contenders.

Hawk fans considering that a victory doesn't, of course.
I don't know Jefe. I think the standards have lowered just a bit over on HR. Nearly a decade without a title would do that to any fan base. Of course, they still want to win badly, but it's no longer expected by a lot of them. That's just the vibe that I get from reading HR over the years.

I don't know Jefe. I think the standards have lowered just a bit over on HR. Nearly a decade without a title would do that to any fan base. Of course, they still want to win badly, but it's no longer expected by a lot of them. That's just the vibe that I get from reading HR over the years.
Disagree with this. Not the "win badly" part, just the "no longer expected" part.

Winning championships as long as they did created an expectation to win that takes longer than 8 years to get over. In fact, I would argue that it borders on entitlement to some, which isn't how it works. Many Iowa fans get that...future championships are earned, and not handed to anyone because of past success.

Even if there is an acceptance of 3rd/4th being realistic, that doesn't mean they'll consider that a victory. Nor should they.

ADVERTISEMENT