ADVERTISEMENT

Corley fired

From what I can tell, he was fired three times. Based on the above tweet, Franklin fired him at least once. Maybe folks here fired him the other two times?

Reactions: Dr. Evel and acg116
I think the changes will be Corley and Galliano. I think Pinegar will be beat out for PK duties. Jan Johnson is an interesting one. If they can land a good player that needs the ship prior to second signing day he may be gone. Though he would be a ST demon and deep MLB backup so has some value. Brooks looks ready to me.

Reactions: BBrown
Ha. Beat me to it.

iu

I think the changes will be Corley and Galliano. I think Pinegar will be beat out for PK duties. Jan Johnson is an interesting one. If they can land a good player that needs the ship prior to second signing day he may be gone. Though he would be a ST demon and deep MLB backup so has some value. Brooks looks ready to me.
Brooks looked so good yesterday.

Pinegar was just a true freshman. A lot can change between his frosh and soph seasons. It’s too early to write off a freshman.

They'd have to make him OC.

I don't think there is much doubt about that
nah, they could just make Gattis the Assistant HC, and play caller, taking that away from RR, but letting RR keep the title. Besides where would RR go?

He is already WR and Co-OC at Alabama so only OC gets him and I don't think we'll see that move this year.

They need Jan for the fall then offer a grey shirt

Remember, Corley was hired to take Huff's place. He moved in order to accommodate Seider. Think CJF did not see Gattis' leaving. I'm surprised Corley's fired instead of simply encouraged to find a better fit. Like, say, in October.

Hopefully Galiano and Limegrover. I am sick of seeing a mediocre offensive line at Penn State. Get someone in there who knows how to turn boys with potential into aggressive men. The crap we've been seeing just isn't cutting it. Sorry.
You should be.

I wanted to be fair to Corley, but from very early it seemed an awkward fit. He was not a good recruiter and seemed more focused on tweeting religious themes than promoting the program.

I'm still not sure how any coach at this level coaches players to catch the ball but between the drops and the inability for the WRs to get open, this group was a fail and a change had to be made. You can't "fire" all the players so you have to fire the coach. Good luck to him.

nah, they could just make Gattis the Assistant HC, and play caller, taking that away from RR, but letting RR keep the title. Besides where would RR go?

Creating animosity in the workplace because someone doesn't have anywhere else to go usually isnt a recipe for success.

Reactions: JJTopp99
Remember, Corley was hired to take Huff's place. He moved in order to accommodate Seider. Think CJF did not see Gattis' leaving. I'm surprised Corley's fired instead of simply encouraged to find a better fit. Like, say, in October.
what is a little surprising is, why not just tell him now, let him go to the coaches convention next week(?), find a job, let him resign and then move on. If he didnt find a job by then, cut the cord and announce it. I am pretty sure there is a dead period relative to recruiting that week.
OTOH when you make the big bucks it goes with the territory. Besides CJF could have told him to stop doing something, and kept on doing it.

Reactions: sarasotan
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT