ADVERTISEMENT

Cook in Pgh PG

ShinerTexas

Sep 8, 2009
Ron Cook Sunday PG column starts out with "National Championship material? Penn State? I don't think so" and ends with "Penn State has come many miles since the Jerry Sandusky tragedy and the NCAA sanctions that followed, but still has many miles to go."

The middle was just a recap of the game with quotes from Urban Meyer and James Franklin. Fairly lazy journalism for the bulk of the column with a couple of jabs at the beginning and end.

Haters going hate.

If he thinks we have "many miles to go" then Pitt must have light years to go

Reactions: nittany dave
It was very poorly written. He must have did the column on the toilet.

Ron Cook Sunday PG column starts out with "National Championship material? Penn State? I don't think so" and ends with "Penn State has come many miles since the Jerry Sandusky tragedy and the NCAA sanctions that followed, but still has many miles to go."

The middle was just a recap of the game with quotes from Urban Meyer and James Franklin. Fairly lazy journalism for the bulk of the column with a couple of jabs at the beginning and end.

Haters going hate.

A 1 point loss on the road to the 6th ranked team in the country whose senior qb played the game of his life.
Many miles to go? Ok.

Last edited:

Haters going hate.

Don’t read the comments from the spitters or you will be infuriated.

Am I wrong, but didn't cook attend Penn State? Maybe I am thinking of someone else who wrote for the Collegian.

Haters going hate.

980x.jpg

Sounds like something he wrote back in the Morelli era, was tired, and did a copy/paste

There are many angles you can take about last nights game but leading the number 6 team in the nation by 18, in a must win for that team, a team that's averaged the #3 class over 5 years is poor writing

1 pass breakup and people are talking about how amazing this run thru this gauntlet has been.

Reactions: psu2016
Penn State is now relevant in the national football scene, and likely will be for the foreseeable future.

Cook looks stupid and petty.

The comments section is gold. It's amazing how dumb some people are and yet they are the ones that speak the loudest

So little effort and thought out into writing now. Columnists try to get it to press but do little thinking

How do you write something so silly when the mediocre team in his back yard went into Death Valley last year and beat the eventual national title. 1 game means little unless it is THE game. You don't make broad observations from 1 game

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT