ADVERTISEMENT

Consequences needed for 'ducking'

Ok last one

Just when I needed it Spyker comes to my defense. I am in your debt! Without coming right out and saying it earlier, tOSU is the poster child for missing matches under curious circumstances to protect their seeds.

FLO must be designing their shows around my posts as the issue of ducking rubs Willie in particular the wrong way, and I agree with his sentiments exactly. Vindication #1.

As For Ryan Anderson and Vindication point #2, FLO was funny today. I said nothing negative about Ryan's heart or level of fight. His record speaks for itself. The only fight I see him losing is the one to stay away from the all you can eat buffet. After just a little searching I found this shot of him as a freshman in his first HS singlet.

https://goo.gl/images/3n7GGV

At least I think that was the right Anderson
Even though this is an internet chat board I have to ask...Do you just enjoy hearing yourself talk? You get offended when someone disagrees with you, post way more in frequency and length and now you want credit for a post from who knows when and most people probably forgot or just did not care.

Ok last one

Just when I needed it Spyker comes to my defense. I am in your debt! Without coming right out and saying it earlier, tOSU is the poster child for missing matches under curious circumstances to protect their seeds.

FLO must be designing their shows around my posts as the issue of ducking rubs Willie in particular the wrong way, and I agree with his sentiments exactly. Vindication #1.

As For Ryan Anderson and Vindication point #2, FLO was funny today. I said nothing negative about Ryan's heart or level of fight. His record speaks for itself. The only fight I see him losing is the one to stay away from the all you can eat buffet. After just a little searching I found this shot of him as a freshman in his first HS singlet.

https://goo.gl/images/3n7GGV

At least I think that was the right Anderson
I think you and spyker are the same person so no one came to your defense

Biggest consequence to ducking? Message Board Posters calling you out.

I hate it as much as anyone lol. Wish I could attend more meets and quack at the lopsided mismatches when guys sit for no obvious reason.

So you're okay if RBY has to wrestle Suriano in Rd 1 because Suriano got injured in late February? Apply that across the board. Yes, a wrestler has to beat all comers to be the champ, but it certainly is far easier to do so if you only have to face a top tier guy from the quarters onward.

Yes.

It was total bull crap what Ohio State pulled the other year holding Bo Jordan out against Hall...Jordan had a very tough time against the Iowa guy and won by 1 point...OHIO STATE WAS PROTECTING BO SEED AND THAT SHOULD BE TAKEN INTO CONSIDERATION WHEN SEEDING....There was NOTHING wrong with him....They say ankle...Yea right !!!! He was fine after the Iowa match.....It sure back fired on them and Mark made sure.....He and the PSU Coaches were pissed....

The real Spyker would have never remembered something that happened 2 years ago.

Reactions: GogglesPaizano
Did you read my post? No one will ever to be able to prove ducking. That's why I propose treating all no shows the same. In every other sport if a superstar misses a game the team doesn't get a free ride.

Taken to the extreme if a guy is a #3 seed it makes no sense to ever wrestle any other top 8 guy. Too little to gain too much to lose if all that you care about is you conference/Nationals seed.

So if this hypothetical guy skipped 7 matches vs ranked opponents do you think there should be no consequence? Today that's the case.
"... a guy is a #3 seed it makes no sense to ever wrestle another Top 8 guy".

This is nonsense. Noone is a "#3 seed" except at the start of a tournament. Guys are ranked #3 thoughout the season. They are not "seeded" throughout the season. If a guy wrestles in the BIG, and is ranked #3, but only wrestles a few matches in BIG duals "ducking" other Top 8 guys, that will be reflected in his BIG record. And the coaches can seed him anywhere they want... in Snyders case they seeded him #1 (or 2, I forget) anyway. Or there might be 2 other undefeated guys at the weight and his "ducking" knocks him down... you have to stop mixing up rankings and seedings. Coaches headed into BIGs and NCAAs do the seedings. They can reward a tough schedule (and do, if you look at the criteria) and punish a soft one if they choose. Intermat and the other services don't get a vote.

Reactions: CholleyVandine
Pick all seeds randomly out of a hat the morning of nationals.

A hat can also be a bucket, a pot, or the container in a bagels vacuum.

"... a guy is a #3 seed it makes no sense to ever wrestle another Top 8 guy".

This is nonsense. Noone is a "#3 seed" except at the start of a tournament. Guys are ranked #3 thoughout the season. They are not "seeded" throughout the season. If a guy wrestles in the BIG, and is ranked #3, but only wrestles a few matches in BIG duals "ducking" other Top 8 guys, that will be reflected in his BIG record. And the coaches can seed him anywhere they want... in Snyders case they seeded him #1 (or 2, I forget) anyway. Or there might be 2 other undefeated guys at the weight and his "ducking" knocks him down... you have to stop mixing up rankings and seedings. Coaches headed into BIGs and NCAAs do the seedings. They can reward a tough schedule (and do, if you look at the criteria) and punish a soft one if they choose. Intermat and the other services don't get a vote.

lets just stick with this. Nothing else matters if you stick with this.

Reactions: aalion
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT