ADVERTISEMENT

Congratulations John Petrishen! Ex-Nittany Lion!!

He's more like our boards court-jestor!

Providing us laughs every post!

He's very good at it most times!

Nah! He's allowed to express his incorrect opinions. ;-)

Discussion is good food.
I get you guys hate Pitt and everything about Pitt. Pitt is not relevant to PSU. For me as aPitt fan I enjoyed the season. Did PSU lack of success make my season better NO. I would love PA have Big 10 and ACC champions

Reactions: N&B4PSU and TheGLOV
Ok, I’ll play along. Which PSU LB would he supplant? Brooks? Jacobs? Smith? Katshir? Nothing wrong with being a minnow in a Dixie cup, but being a minnow in a lake is much different. I bear no ill will toward Petrishen, but I won’t suppress my laughter whe someone refers to him as a great player.

I have no earthly idea where Pitt would fall in the B1G pecking order, but I know that they wouldn’t be playing for a conference championship. They are 2020 Indiana. Nothing more and nothing less.
I prefer Shakespeare's rendering of the minnow reference: "Hear you this Triton of the minnows", from Coriolanus. Still, I appreciate metaphor!

Reactions: psu00
It also took him 7 seasons to make any kind of impact.

Pitt is the luckiest team in college football...they played one ranked team all season. Lost to the last place team in the MAC west at home. They have like 4 7th year seniors. They luck into having Pickett for a 6th year. They will be back to losing 5 games a year next year.

So Pitt is 7-5 average under the Duz against their peers and PSU is 8-4 average against our peers under CJF. Be careful of your mocking of them.

Yes, our schedules are harder overall, but I believe we (should) get better players than they do.

Reactions: TheGLOV
He had a good year for Pitt so you have to be happy for the kid. Could have been a late bloomer or position change really helped him. Or just maybe the PSU coaching staff misused him , after all OWEH is tearing up the NFL and he had ZERO SACKS ST PSU. Coaching malfeasance?
A number of the OL we criticized have gone on to the NFL.

I was just following up YOUR reference to the PSU 2020 team coupled with the Indiana 2020 team.

Thank you for providing me the opportunity to point that out. Thank you again for reading pleasure where you criticize yourself basically.

Merry Christmas!
I never referenced the 2020 PSU team. You did in your attempt to fellate all things Pissburgh.

Please direct your incorrect criticism to:

Yahoo Inc. Corporate Office & Headquarters. 701 First Ave Sunnyvale CA 94089.

Danny Kaye has nothing on you let me tell ya!

;) :p ;)
I take comfort in knowing that every sunrise brings you one day closer to joining Sergeant Carter. You won’t be missed as much as he’s been.

• Haha
I get you guys hate Pitt and everything about Pitt. Pitt is not relevant to PSU. For me as aPitt fan I enjoyed the season. Did PSU lack of success make my season better NO. I would love PA have Big 10 and ACC champions
PSU isn’t relevant to you as a Pitt fan. Pitt just won their conference championship, yet you’re on the PSU message board instead of celebrating with other Pitt fans. There appears to be a disconnect there. Or perhaps you’re just a bad liar.

Last edited:
  • Wow
He had a good year for Pitt so you have to be happy for the kid. Could have been a late bloomer or position change really helped him. Or just maybe the PSU coaching staff misused him , after all OWEH is tearing up the NFL and he had ZERO SACKS ST PSU. Coaching malfeasance?
The reason he has zero sacks was because someone had to play the 5 technique in this defense. Toney was too small and weak to do it so Oweh stepped up. If we had someone who could have played the 5 better than Oweh, he would have started at the 7 and led the nation with sacks. Same thing happened to Deion Barnes. A better coordinator could have and would have shifted the defense to suit the talent on hand (odd front) but we didn't have one. Oweh is the man. He took one for the team knowing it would kill his personal numbers.

Reactions: TheGLOV and N&B4PSU
So Pitt is 7-5 average under the Duz against their peers and PSU is 8-4 average against our peers under CJF. Be careful of your mocking of them.

Yes, our schedules are harder overall, but I believe we (should) get better players than they do.
As one poster here often points out, we should beat Pitt before mocking them.

Oh, wait…….

Then the Pitt Staff must have misused him considering in the previous 2 years at Pitt he had 14 tackles total. So in 7 years of college football 87 total tackles.

• Wow
Then the Pitt Staff must have misused him considering in the previous 2 years at Pitt he had 14 tackles total. So in 7 years of college football 87 total tackles.
AND what about Kenny Heisman? They misused him for four years before finally uncovering his inner diamond.

Are you going to be OK Glov making his ignore List? I'll be here for emotional support if you need it.

Thank you kind sir.

Perhaps a 6-pack of the finest Pilsner and a 'shot' chaser will help ease the pain!

Call you if I need you sir!!

:)

It's all good. I did enjoy reading and discussing most of his posts.

Discussion is good food and he certainly contributes in that regard.

However, the thinly-vailed thread is a no-no.

I actually value his input here.

Reactions: PAgeologist
PSU isn’t relevant to you as a Pitt fan. Pitt just won their conference championship, yet you’re on the PSU message board instead of celebrating with other Pitt fans. There appears to be a disconnect there. Or perhaps you’re just a bad liar.
Pitt isn't relevant to PSU yet here you are coping and seething

It also took him 7 seasons to make any kind of impact.

Pitt is the luckiest team in college football...they played one ranked team all season. Lost to the last place team in the MAC west at home. They have like 4 7th year seniors. They luck into having Pickett for a 6th year. They will be back to losing 5 games a year next year.
Almost nothing in your post is true.

1. WMU didn't come in last in the MAC West. In fact, they finished with the same 7-5 record as PSU.

2. Pitt had 1 7-year senior. Tre Tipton. And he hardly played.

3. This was Pickett's 5th year, not 6th. He was a true freshman in 2017 and never redshirted. He is also the same age as Clifford.

1. WMU didn't come in last in the MAC West. In fact, they finished with the same 7-5 record as PSU.

3. This was Pickett's 5th year, not 6th. He was a true freshman in 2017 and never redshirted. He is also the same age as Clifford.

And, truth be told, he is better than Clifford.

Sorry my PSU faithful but he is.

If we had him as our QB, well, you'd all be singing his praises.

Just hope that statement is not too controversial.

:) ;) ;) ;) :)

Please direct your incorrect criticism to:

Yahoo Inc. Corporate Office & Headquarters. 701 First Ave Sunnyvale CA 94089.

Danny Kaye has nothing on you let me tell ya!

;) :p ;)
Fwiw my post earlier wasn’t to point out you were wrong as I clicked thru and saw it was yahoo. Just a glitch in their stats. I only saw the discrepancy as I wanted to see how many games he played at PSU.

You are wrong, or perhaps simply lying. This was Petrishen’s seventh year. His first year at PSU was 2015. You are probably capable of handling that math.

Last edited:
I think he mailed it in last year. He was unable to seal the end.

The OP referred to him as a "very good" player.

Let's see where he falls on draft day.

Your dismissive attitude toward him is pretty weak.
This is a really good point. While Draft Day is fun and continues careers for our guys that we follow. Would you rather have 5 * draft day workout kings or winning college football players? Katherine sure as heck ain't a pro...but he probably is lined up where he is supposed to be, maintains his edge or fills his gap....likely better than12 or 13. He also seems to be a hot button for where opposing teams go when he is in (witness msu running td).
People here were thrilled when Petrishen committed here. Didn't work out with us due to an injury then log jam. Good for him to go home and see success. He will likely get more mileage in his career if he stays in the Burgh as a Pitt ACC Champ with ring vs PSU player on teams that were a couple of injuries, and a couple of mistakes, and a couple of bad calls, and a couple of head scratching coaching moves from being great.
Yeah...ACC is down and weak..but so are we. Good for the young man. Glad it worked out for him.

This is a really good point. While Draft Day is fun and continues careers for our guys that we follow. Would you rather have 5 * draft day workout kings or winning college football players? Katherine sure as heck ain't a pro...but he probably is lined up where he is supposed to be, maintains his edge or fills his gap....likely better than12 or 13. He also seems to be a hot button for where opposing teams go when he is in (witness msu running td).
People here were thrilled when Petrishen committed here. Didn't work out with us due to an injury then log jam. Good for him to go home and see success. He will likely get more mileage in his career if he stays in the Burgh as a Pitt ACC Champ with ring vs PSU player on teams that were a couple of injuries, and a couple of mistakes, and a couple of bad calls, and a couple of head scratching coaching moves from being great.
Yeah...ACC is down and weak..but so are we. Good for the young man. Glad it worked out for him.
Katshir...darn autocorrect

1. WMU finished 4-4 which was last place in the MAC west. Tied with Ball State and Eastern Michigan for last place.

2. Maybe you should tell the Pitt athletic Department that cause Pertishen was one also. Pitt had more guys with extra eligibility then anyone in the country.

3. Yes you are right he is only a 5th year guy but my point is with out COVID he would have been out of eligibility.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT