ADVERTISEMENT

Congrats to Lamar Stevens and Josh Reaves

Great news. Has Reaves set the B1G record for most career steals? There was something about that during the game but it didn’t quite register.
I don’t think he set the record, but I believe he led the conference this year, which is what they were referring to.

Reactions: step.eng69
Great news. Has Reaves set the B1G record for most career steals? There was something about that during the game but it didn’t quite register.

No. He's five behind Ron Brown's PSU record. He's in 8th place on the Big Ten's career steal list (90 behind Aaron Craft). He has an outside chance of getting 7th place but we'd have to make a long NIT (or NCAA) run for him to move any higher.

Last edited:
No. He's six behind Ron Brown's PSU record. He's in 8th place on the Big Ten's career steal list (almost 100 behind Aaron Craft). He has a decent chance of getting 7th place but we'd have to make an NIT (or NCAA) run for him to move any higher - 4th would be reachable with a long post season run (say 6 games or more).
Seriously? The graphic said he’d led the B1G in steals the each of the last three years. Did I misread?

So you just answered my question. So how is it possible that he’s only seventh all-time?

Aaron Craft is the career steals leader with 337 (73, 98, 77, 89). In his junior year, when he had 77, Victor Oladipo lead the conference with 78, which is why Craft never led three years running.

Reaves has 247 (36, 60, 74, 77 and counting). He's down on the list because he didn't have that many as a freshman (he missed three weeks with mono). He's 28 steals behind fourth place.

Last edited:
Reactions: LionJim
One would think that, from year to year, the number of steals by the conference’s leader would be pretty much stable, around three per game. Lar said that he’s almost 100 behind the leader.

Aaron Craft is the career steals leader with 337 (73, 98, 77, 89). In his junior year, when he had 77, Victor Oladipo lead the conference with 78, which is why Craft never led three years running.

Reaves has 247 (36, 60, 74, 77 and counting). He's down on the list because he didn't have that many as a freshman. He's 28 steals behind fourth place.

More games, too. OSU was in the NCAA Tournament in each of Craft's four years, reaching the Sweet Sixteen, Final Four, Elite Eight in the first three.

Now that wasn't so hard, was it?

More games, too. OSU was in the NCAA Tournament in each of Craft's four years, reaching the Sweet Sixteen, Final Four, Elite Eight in the first three.

Croft played in 148 games, Reaves is at 120 and counting (in addition to his mono issues which made him miss six games and cut into his playing time as a frosh, he also had academic issues last year which cost him a couple of games).

Reaves stats.

FG% .440
3Pt% .323
Pts 1067
Blks 90
Stls 247
Ast 305
Rebs 534

His shooting percentage is a little misleading because it was not very good his first year.

During his freshman year Guns assured us his shooting would never improve.

21Guns said: ↑

what is his shooting percentage this year?

Is MY point made yet?

C'mon, stop being so disingenuous. Yeah, Reaves had a very poor shooting year this year, NOBODY has disputed that. Nobody CAN dispute that. What everyone is responding to is your claim that he will remain a bad shooter next year and for the rest of his career, that he won't improve. Good shooting is something which is very coachable, a dozen of us have said that and have shown stats backing this up. And you still go back to pretending that all you said was that he was a bad shooter this year. Stop already. We can read. We're not idiots.

Reaves stats.

FG% .440
3Pt% .323
Pts 1067
Blks 90
Stls 247
Ast 305
Rebs 534

His shooting percentage is a little misleading because it was not very good his first year.

During his freshman year Guns assured us his shooting would never improve.

21Guns said: ↑

what is his shooting percentage this year?

Is MY point made yet?

C'mon, stop being so disingenuous. Yeah, Reaves had a very poor shooting year this year, NOBODY has disputed that. Nobody CAN dispute that. What everyone is responding to is your claim that he will remain a bad shooter next year and for the rest of his career, that he won't improve. Good shooting is something which is very coachable, a dozen of us have said that and have shown stats backing this up. And you still go back to pretending that all you said was that he was a bad shooter this year. Stop already. We can read. We're not idiots.
LOL, Gunsie...
Female-Bodybuilder.gif

I usually like Mike Hall, but his interview with Josh on the BTN was painful to watch.

And makes a HUGE HUGE dent into the actual count of 90!
I have attended all but a few home games in the four years Reaves has been there. I've never seen him sulk, never seen him loaf. 100% every minute he was on the floor. Post game Sunday he said the last four years have been the best four years of his life.
I have all the respect in the world for Josh Reaves.

I have attended all but a few home games in the four years Reaves has been there. I've never seen him sulk, never seen him loaf. 100% every minute he was on the floor. Post game Sunday he said the last four years have been the best four years of his life.
I have all the respect in the world for Josh Reaves.

It was really really cool that his last game on his home court could be as GREAT as it was. Very very very few players get to go out that way!

Critical thinking.

It was really really cool that his last game on his home court could be as GREAT as it was. Very very very few players get to go out that way!
Yep. Especially the steal, length of the floor dribble and slam dunk with a minute left in the game. The the Davis Z 35ft nothing but net three put the topper on it.

Croft played in 148 games, Reaves is at 120 and counting (in addition to his mono issues which made him miss six games and cut into his playing time as a frosh, he also had academic issues last year which cost him a couple of games).
More than a couple of games and could have cost us the chance to be in the dance last year.

More than a couple of games and could have cost us the chance to be in the dance last year.
I think we would've had at the least four more wins if Reaves hadn't missed a bunch of games.

No. He's five behind Ron Brown's PSU record. He's in 8th place on the Big Ten's career steal list (90 behind Aaron Craft). He has an outside chance of getting 7th place but we'd have to make a long NIT (or NCAA) run for him to move any higher.
Lol what? You’ve been drinking too much today. he has an outside shot at getting 90 more steals this season? He doesn’t have 90 all year.

Edit. I thought you were implying craft was next on the list at 7. Didn’t realize he was 1.

Reading is fundamental. Aaron Craft is the all time steals leader. Josh is in 8th place. Josh has an outside chance of moving up the list, not topping the list.
OK 3. I remember leaving a few times saving that's a win with Reaves.

I could be getting last year mixed with his sophomore year when he missed games with mono. Memory aint what it used to be.
Mono was his freshman year. :)

He missed the start of his soph year though with an injury.

I could be getting last year mixed with his sophomore year when he missed games with mono. Memory aint what it used to be.

He missed five games as a freshman, six games as a soph, three as a junior, none this year. That's 14 games or 28 steals (he has averaged almost exactly 2 per game over his career). 28 steals would put him fourth on the all-time Big Ten list.

Not a whole lot more, he missed three. We did lose two of them so we certainly missed him but our biggest issue last year was a horrible non-conference schedule.

He missed five games as a freshman, six games as a soph, three as a junior, none this year. That's 14 games or 28 steals (he has averaged almost exactly 2 per game over his career). 28 steals would put him fourth on the all-time Big Ten list.
I mean okay...I’m sure others in the top 10 missed some games too...

ADVERTISEMENT