ADVERTISEMENT

Congrats from this Hawkeye

Eisman57

Nov 9, 2011
Clean, hard fought, exciting game!!! PSU is clearly the better team and obviously deserved to win. I must admit the 'shush' taunt to the Kinnick crowd after the final TD was unfortunate. But that small gesture can't erase the fact this was college FB at it's best.

If Saquon doesn't win the Heisman trophy there needs to be an immediate investigation.

Clean, hard fought, exciting game!!! PSU is clearly the better team and obviously deserved to win. I must admit the 'shush' taunt to the Kinnick crowd after the final TD was unfortunate. But that small gesture can't erase the fact this was college FB at it's best.

If Saquon doesn't win the Heisman trophy there needs to be an immediate investigation.

"Shush taunt"?

Ok.

Did you forget to comment on your linebacker mocking McSorely after his interception? Was that unfortunate too?

Thanks.

Games hard fought and won like this one are always the most exciting for the fans. They are the ones you remember.

Nice gesture until you whined about the shush. Your fans were abusive the entire night. Your linebacker did the same as a taunt to McSorley.

Let the game stand on its own. As I tell my football players, football is a game of emotion. Johnson and McSorley acted on emotional relief. Iowa is a good team and I believe should be ranked this week. Good luck the rest of the way.

Reactions: FHSPSU67 and Bob78
Did you forget to comment on your linebacker mocking McSorely after his interception? Was that unfortunate too?
I think you're drawing a false equivalence. If a player knowingly disrespects an opposing player he does so at his own risk. I'd argue flipping off 70K fans is different. But hey, I do acknowledge the larger point that there's a subset of players & fans in every program who derive pleasure from inflicting emotional pain. Fortunately most of these people will grow out of that ugly behavior.

I think you're drawing a false equivalence. If a player knowingly disrespects an opposing player he does so at his own risk. I'd argue flipping off 70K fans is different. But hey, I do acknowledge the larger point that there's a subset of players & fans in every program who derive pleasure from inflicting emotional pain. Fortunately most of these people will grow out of that ugly behavior.

wtf are you talking about, it was a perfect equivalence

edit: I should have added.... when a player disrespects another player he disrespects all the fans watching, so with that in mind, more PSU fans watching than IA fans in the stadium, how does that compute for you in "equivalence"?

Last edited:

I didn't like the shush taunt -- that was boneheaded. That's an inexperienced young kid not realizing what he has just been a part of. This is a game he'll be remembered for the rest of his life -- he will cringe every time he sees himself handling it with a lack of class. But keep in mind Johnson's a 19 or 20-year-old kid, he's a kid.

Same with McSorley's punt. Not cool but you have to cut him some slack given the physical beating he had been through. He was blowing off a lot of frustration. Imagine quarterbacking a team to 570 yards and netting only 13 points. I've never even HEARD of anything like that.

The Iowa fan reaction those gestures is understandable given they lost in an incredibly disappointing way. Always so painful to lose on the last play of the game.

Anyway thanks for your awesome post. I don't think I could be so classy after losing a great game in such heartbreaking fashion. I will believe most Iowa fans are awesome people. There are some jerks but they exist in the PSU fan base as well.

Last edited:
200.gif

Reactions: BoulderFish

Speaking of false equivalency, how is the 'shush' sign the same as flipping someone off? I must try that next time I'm driving and I'm cut off. Thank you.

I agree with you except for the last part. Attendance at many games near and far suggests that subset will never outgrow their ugly behavior. Fortunately, it's (usually) a small subset.

I didn't like the shush taunt -- that was boneheaded. That's an experienced young kid not realizing what he has just been a part of. This is a game he'll be remembered for the rest of his life -- he will cringe every time he sees himself handling it with a lack of class. But keep in mind Johnson's a 19 or 20-year-old kid, he's a kid.

Same with McSorley's punt. Not cool but you have to cut him some slack given the physical beating he had been through. He was blowing off a lot of frustration. Imagine quarterbacking a team to 570 yards and netting only 13 points. I've never even HEARD of anything like that.

The Iowa fan reaction those gestures is understandable given they lost in an incredibly disappointing way. Always so painful to lose on the last play of the game.

Well said. If yinzer Iowans can't see McSorely's punt as a sign of relief that it's over then you don't give credit to your own team's effort.

Let's talk about how classy Iowa fans were when Franklin went through the tunnel at the end of the game - screaming asshole at him. Let's talk about your lovely incest born fans behind the players bench screaming f-u at the players. Iowa fans are the lowest of the BIG. Seems to me you are bitter because you will not win a wrestling championship while Cael is coaching. SHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Was e

Was extremely impressed with your Dline. Some great young kids there.

This is a minor point and it was a great game and Iowa is a damn good team, but,

FIX YOUR DAMN FIELD. Those clouds of black pellets on EVERY SINGLE PLAY smogging up the field, I know field turf should not play like that, and why in the hell was everyone slipping on a wet turf in 100 degree on the field temps? You have got to get rid of that turf.

Watched highlights from a ton of games yesterday and saw the 'shush' taunt in at least three other games. Face it ... it has become the latest fad.

Nice gesture until you whined about the shush. Your fans were abusive the entire night. Your linebacker did the same as a taunt to McSorley.

Let the game stand on its own. As I tell my football players, football is a game of emotion. Johnson and McSorley acted on emotional relief. Iowa is a good team and I believe should be ranked this week. Good luck the rest of the way.
If the circumstances were reversed and an Iowa player did that in Happy Valley I'd be even more annoyed. I guess if that's "whining" I'm guilty.
I didn't like the shush taunt -- that was boneheaded. That's an experienced young kid not realizing what he has just been a part of. This is a game he'll be remembered for the rest of his life -- he will cringe every time he sees himself handling it with a lack of class. But keep in mind Johnson's a 19 or 20-year-old kid, he's a kid.

Thanks tboyer, aside from the 'shush' taunt directed at Kinnick fans (the vast majority of whom don't hate PSU) I wasn't bothered by anything. But I agree kids will be kids and at the end of the day I really think this hard fought game was a shining example of college FB at it's best. Unfortunately the better team won.

If there was any fairness in this world, Iowa would be in the same conference as Texas A&M. Your fans all act the same.

Thanks tboyer, aside from the 'shush' taunt directed at Kinnick fans (the vast majority of whom don't hate PSU) I wasn't bothered by anything. But I agree kids will be kids and at the end of the day I really think this hard fought game was a shining example of college FB at it's best. Unfortunately the better team won.

I agree. Classic, classic game that will be talked about 20 years from now. If you've been watching college football for nearly 50 years like I have, you realize games like this don't come along very often.

Reactions: kgilbert78
This is a minor point and it was a great game and Iowa is a damn good team, but,

FIX YOUR DAMN FIELD. Those clouds of black pellets on EVERY SINGLE PLAY smogging up the field, I know field turf should not play like that, and why in the hell was everyone slipping on a wet turf in 100 degree on the field temps? You have got to get rid of that turf.

Chuckle, if I had my way I'd have placed building-sized black pellets in front of Saquon. Of course he'd have simply leaped over them..

Let's talk about how classy Iowa fans were when Franklin went through the tunnel at the end of the game - screaming asshole at him. Let's talk about your lovely incest born fans behind the players bench screaming f-u at the players. Iowa fans are the lowest of the BIG. Seems to me you are bitter because you will not win a wrestling championship while Cael is coaching. SHHHHHHHHHHHH!
Now you know why mother lions eat their young!!^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

With Johnson's delay before the shoosh, it's pretty much a guarantee that it was a reaction to something that was said to him by Hawkeye fans. Hopefully, as this kid matures, he will start showing more restraint in the face of ignorance.

Also, I'm sure no Iowa basketball player ever through the ball into the air at the end of a game.

Fwiw, I would be mad if the roles were reversed, but that doesn't mean I'd be right.
I'm sure our players spent the whole game hearing a bunch of crap. Sometimes you have to have the last word and Johnson did.

In the last 2 weeks we've seen Mayfield plant the Oklahoma flag on the O, and an NC State player spit on the Seminole after a win. I thought the shush taunt was very mild, even by shush taunt standards, and shouldn't even show up on the radar.

Good scrappy game by Iowa.

Good game. Josey did some taunting of his own. And ferentz acted like a complete dbag with his handshake, if you can call it that.
People rip on Franklin for nothing but win or lose he goes across that field and shakes hands and conducts himself with nothing but class.

The potty mouth crap coming from behind the bench didn't help matters much. The 'shush' taunt was for those a$$holes...they know who they were!

I love when opposing fans show up complimentary, and tack one negative comment on the end of the original post JUST do they can later reply with the quoted garbage you wanted to say, but didn't have the balls to.

Any fan who complains about what a PSU player did without mentioning what the Iowa players did is a whiny sore loser. If you want to dissect the game with us, feel free, there is plenty to talk about. If you want to whine about a shush, go back to your own boards and wallow in the misery.

In the last 2 weeks we've seen Mayfield plant the Oklahoma flag on the O, and an NC State player spit on the Seminole after a win. I thought the shush taunt was very mild, even by shush taunt standards, and shouldn't even show up on the radar.

Good scrappy game by Iowa.

I agree. I'd prefer players don't do that but in the big picture it's pretty minor. I can't see why Iowa fans are so riled up over it considering they've seen it before from their own team.

shhhhhh.jpg

If fans can dish it out they can take it. You seem to have only come here to passive aggressively start something. The crowd didn't seem to mind too much considering they all shut up after they were shushed.

Also, I hear the Iowa fans are looking for this guy today.

5ahyr5gddnzy.png

Saquon runs to the 1 or 2 yard line and ends up against the fans/band in the corner. The way he looked back at the group tells me what they said was NOT - hey, Saquon, nice run.

It's college sports. This stuff happens in every game on every Thursday, Friday or Saturday. Some of your fans are rude, some of our fans are rude. Your players do things that upset the opponent; PS players do things that upset its opponents. Emotions run high.

OL

Reactions: psu00

He didn't "flip off" the crowd. Look up "flip off" on the net and be enlightened.

When a team or player overcomes the screaming fans, some abusive, he has a right to acknowledge the accomplishment towards those that have been screaming in his ear. It's a pretty thin skinned group that can yell, some abusively, for 3.5 hours and then be offended when a player looks back at the crowd and puts his finger to his mouth implying that he has overcome the hostility.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT