ADVERTISEMENT

Congrats from an Iowa fan ... Historical game, for these reasons:

j0nnyhb_Prime

Nov 1, 2015
This was the best I have ever seen in terms of:

1) Individual performance from a running back. SB is the best player in the country and it doesn't appear to be close IMO. The play where he jumped over Jackson (15) and then got hit in the air but kept his balance ... oh my! Hope he can play at this level the rest of the way and not get hurt ... what a great player.

2) Bend but don't break defense by Iowa. I have never seen a defense execute this philosophy like I did last night. The D had their backs to the wall all night long due to poor O and terrible punting but continued to hold off PSU from blowing the game open. Great heart and passion from Iowa playeres and the fans (keeping the team going).

3) Swings of emotion in one game. From joy to sorrow and back and forth so many times. Great entertainment (but tough on my heart).

I hope all the 42-10 crowd will gain some respect for Iowa and Kinnick (at night) after this one. I can safely say that both of these statements were absolutely true: "Iowa was lucky to keep this game as close as it was" and "PSU was lucky to get out of this game with a win". Good luck the rest of the way. Enjoy #26 as not sure you will ever see a player like him again (wish we had him!).

1) Individual performance from a running back. SB is the best player in the country and it doesn't appear to be close IMO. The play where he jumped over Jackson (15) and then got hit in the air but kept his balance ... oh my! Hope he can play at this level the rest of the way and not get hurt ... what a great player.

2) Bend but don't break defense by Iowa. I have never seen a defense execute this philosophy like I did last night. The D had their backs to the wall all night long due to poor O and terrible punting but continued to hold off PSU from blowing the game open. Great heart and passion from Iowa playeres and the fans (keeping the team going).

3) Swings of emotion in one game. From joy to sorrow and back and forth so many times. Great entertainment (but tough on my heart).

I hope all the 42-10 crowd will gain some respect for Iowa and Kinnick (at night) after this one. I can safely say that both of these statements were absolutely true: "Iowa was lucky to keep this game as close as it was" and "PSU was lucky to get out of this game with a win". Good luck the rest of the way. Enjoy #26 as not sure you will ever see a player like him again (wish we had him!).

I agree with you on Iowa's defensive gameplan. It was a perfect strategy and executed (almost) to perfection. They really took away the big play from PSU and forced McSorley to play differently.

Looked like a great atmosphere there and though that game was torture to watch from a fan standpoint, it will certainly go down as an all-time classic.

So much heart shown by Iowa last night. I feel for you -- I was sitting behind the end zone in the Big House back in '05 when Mario Manningham caught a very similiar pass in a very similiar, last play of the game, situation to hand us our only loss that season (and likely cost us a shot at the title).

Those losses hurt- but what an atmosphere -- your school and team have nothing to hold their heads about. What a gutsy performance.

ADVERTISEMENT