ADVERTISEMENT

Congrats from a Hawkeye

hawk_a_holic

Aug 21, 2001
I really knew this game would be a good one and it was a classic. Barkley is the best player I have seen in the Big 10 in a decade at least. Quite the slug fest. Hopefully you see Iowa isn't the 'shit' team some said we are on this board. But you won and it was a good, clean game. Best the rest of the way.

Great game. Hawks left it al out there. You always have to find a way to win 1-2 of these type games in a year. Fortunately we came through. Good luck and maybe a rematch in Indy.

Reactions: hawk_a_holic
I really knew this game would be a good one and it was a classic. Barkley is the best player I have seen in the Big 10 in a decade at least. Quite the slug fest. Hopefully you see Iowa isn't the 'shit' team some said we are on this board. But you won and it was a good, clean game. Best the rest of the way.
Awfully tough way to lose. Your graciousness is appreciated.

Hawks played so hard and nearly stole one. Grit and resilience and timely plays from Iowa in a game where the stats say it should not have been close. Good luck the rest of the way.

Epic battle. Hawks played a great game that could have gone either way. The home crowd was the 12th man out there.

I do t think anyone thought Iowa was a shit team and I thought this would be a dog fight - now this close of course but your D made us kick field goals and not get TD's so hats off to you. Good luck the rest of runway out.

I don't even know how many times I thought to myself (or swore out loud) "how can he take a loss/no gain/short gain and turn it into a big gain??!!1!!!!??"

Reactions: ChiTownLion
I thought it would be a blowout. I thought the long TD from Iowa was better than a last second FG. I gave up on 4th down. But we WON!!! I'll take it.

Classy post. Honestly though, Iowa's O, save a couple plays (at least one of which, Wadley's long run, where we were horribly out of position) was anemic. Their D kept them in the game and came close, but just couldn't win it for them.

Appreciate it.

Tough game, great crowd. Iowa will win plenty more games this season. That's one tough football team.

Reactions: FHSPSU67
Once Iowa's QB gets his feet completely under him, the rest of the west will have a fight trying to get to Indy!

One guy said it. He's wrong. We're not pedophile enablers either.
Good luck thecrest of the way.

Reactions: FHSPSU67
Epanesa, just wow. Super Stud who is unblockable. Jewell: Fierce competitor. Their secondary: Underrated. Their kicking game: Strong.
That was the prototype Ferentz team and it would not surprise me to see these Hawks again in Indianapolis.

Great game. Great game planning from
The Iowa coaching staff and awesome execution to contain Barkley and our high powered (fart sound) offense.

Glad we came up with the "W" in true 2016 fashion... good luck crushing the west with a defense like that.

Hawks played a determined and tough game. Typical what is called 3* players with 5* heart. Best of luck down the road.

One guy said it. He's wrong. We're not pedophile enablers either.
Good luck thecrest of the way.

I had "Ped State" yelled at me four times yesterday, had an Iowa student throw a large buckeye at me that thankfully hit a street sign and not me, and was hit in the head twice at the game hard enough to knock my hat off each time as I was totally surrounded by Hawkeye fans. I'm glad I made the trip because of the game, but not ever coming back to Iowa because of their classless fans.

I had "Ped State" yelled at me four times yesterday, had an Iowa student throw a large buckeye at me that thankfully hit a street sign and not me, and was hit in the head twice at the game hard enough to knock my hat off each time as I was totally surrounded by Hawkeye fans. I'm glad I made the trip because of the game, but not ever coming back to Iowa because of their classless fans.
How tuned up was the crowd? 7:30 games bring out the best AND worst in people.

I tried to warn people before the game. Worst fans in the B10.

Can't blame you, but if you think they're "fans" or "our fans" you're wrong. Nobody appreciates that behavior, but like I said I can't blame you and would follow suit.

Thanks for the classy post. That is an incredibly disappointing game to lose. Kinnick is magic, both teams deserved the win. Wishing the best for Iowa the rest of the season.

What does that mean?

You could hear the "not Iowa fans" screaming at Barkley and Franklin as they walked off the field.

That was embarrassing. Camera caught all of that. Who the h stays after a game to yell at the winning coach? Seriously? Wth?

What does that mean?

You could hear the "not Iowa fans" screaming at Barkley and Franklin as they walked off the field.

It means that while unfortunately people like that can't be prohibited from attending the vast majority of responsible/respectful fans claim no kinship with them. Yes we are all butt hurt over the loss but dicks like that are an embarrassment and I am sorry john4 game experience.

ADVERTISEMENT