ADVERTISEMENT

Confidential to @smalls103 and Corby re: Pile

Chickenman Testa

Jan 4, 2003
@smalls103 @corbyV

You guys talked about Pile and his transcript question. Oh yeah, it totally happened and the ignorance was breathtaking (e.g. “you really have to ask for all these kids’ transcripts?”)

FRL 715 - about 21:15 in.

How can I find out if Hunter Garvin is a good student? It’s a mystery for the ages!

@smalls103 @corbyV

You guys talked about Pile and his transcript question. Oh yeah, it totally happened and the ignorance was breathtaking (e.g. “you really have to ask for all these kids’ transcripts?”)

How can I find out if Hunter Garvin is a good student? It’s a mystery for the ages!
I wished Pile would be shown the door so I don’t have to keep avoiding Flo as much as I do.

@smalls103 @corbyV

Here it is -- starts at the beginning of the Garvin discussion:

Judging from the look on his face, that wasn't a leading question. That's embarrassing, that an industry veteran doesn't know the academic side of student athlete recruitment. For all the campus visits they made, and all the athletes they've interviewed (not just in wrestling), that question never came up once?

Judging from the look on his face, that wasn't a leading question. That's embarrassing, that an industry veteran doesn't know the academic side of student athlete recruitment. For all the campus visits they made, and all the athletes they've interviewed (not just in wrestling), that question never came up once?
Well, he generally revels in the fact that he wasn’t a good student, but maybe less sit-ups and a little more book-learning wouldn’t hurt.

To me the much stranger part is him thinking Garvin was an Iowa lock. It's been common knowledge on HR (and obviously elsewhere) that Iowa was not a serious contender for him. I figured part of his job would be to at least keep tabs on the major forums.

While we’re on the topic, if I go to FRL on the Apple Podcast ap, the description still says Willie is the host. Anyone else notice this? How is this possible? Below is the description I just pulled 2 seconds ago.

“FloWrestling Radio Live is hosted by Christian Pyles and Willie Saylor of Flowrestling.com. CP and Smalls dive into all topics pertaining to high school, college and international wrestling.”

@smalls103 @corbyV

I dont care much for Pyles he always says a bunch of nothing and when the other guys pick wrestlers he changes his mind and picks them as well!I would take any of those others guys to host the show!

I sense a lawsuit, slander at the least.
The pod cast is devaluing Willie's reputation.
I'd sue for a 6 of heavies.
This would be an epic statement.

Reactions: smalls103
I actually like Pyles. He at least tries to keep that show on the rails. He usually admits when he knows nothing about a conversation and it’s afraid to be self deprecating. JD has finally cleared his throat lol. Askren is good as long as he’s talking about wrestling.

sorry i missed thread.

i criticize flo a lot but only about half as much as i should (and they deserve).

but this one takes the cake. how on god green's earth do you get to this point in a career in college athletics and not know the first base of recruitment?

also goes to show he wasn't much the high school prospect, eh?

sorry i missed thread.

i criticize flo a lot but only about half as much as i should (and they deserve).

but this one takes the cake. how on god green's earth do you get to this point in a career in college athletics and not know the first base of recruitment?

It was mind boggling.

You mentioned one time that some of the Flo guys were mad at you for talking with Shane Sparks when he was with a competitor - just shooting the breeze at a tournament. Are you at liberty to say who they were? I mean, that is some jealous, insane girlfriend stuff.

How could you possibly be near Sparks and not want to talk with him. That guy is awesome

It was mind boggling.

You mentioned one time that some of the Flo guys were mad at you for talking with Shane Sparks when he was with a competitor - just shooting the breeze at a tournament. Are you at liberty to say who they were? I mean, that is some jealous, insane girlfriend stuff.

How could you possibly be near Sparks and not want to talk with him. That guy is awesome

pyles and bratke. who were both pissed b/c he worked at track.

i was like, uh, get over it, weirdos.

I actually like Pyles. He at least tries to keep that show on the rails. He usually admits when he knows nothing about a conversation and it’s afraid to be self deprecating. JD has finally cleared his throat lol. Askren is good as long as he’s talking about wrestling.
WELL IT IS A WRESTLING SHOW WHAT ELSE WOULD YOU EXPECT OTHER THAN TALK ABOUT WRESTLING YES ASKREN IS THE BEST OF ALL OF THEM NO CRAP JUST HOW HE FEELS!PYLES TALKS TOUCH ABOUT HIS KID!!LOL

Reading posts from @tullfan68
giphy.gif

sorry i missed thread.

Peter Principle?

I mean, most of us weren't any kind of prospect either. We might not know the details but the concept is really obvious. And that's without Flo's access to the athletes and HS/college coaches.

The hard part apparently is even minimal curiosity.

It was mind boggling.

Cocaine Shane is infectious. I can't imagine deliberately blowing him off.

Besides, as the saying goes in my industry: your enemy today is your partner tomorrow.

I always thought Pile was an a$$wipe.

I bet Pyles blow dries his hair.

Reactions: creamery freak

Besides, as the saying goes in my industry: your enemy today is your partner tomorrow.

Haha “cocaine Shane” I love it and it couldn’t be more accurate. He was on the show the other day and just took over for about 40 straight minutes out of nowhere. He was all over the place.

Reactions: creamery freak
ADVERTISEMENT