ADVERTISEMENT

Confession time:

Were you one of the brain dead Zombies that wanted THE Urban Legend to replace Joe?

• Yes - I am a front running butt kisser

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Yes - I am a blind, deaf and very dumb zombie

Votes: 6 20.0%
  • Yes, I lack any knowledge or judgement

Votes: 6 20.0%
  • No - I could smell the stench from the Swamp

Votes: 17 56.7%

• Total voters
At the time? Absolutely. Hindsight is 20/20 and nobody who wanted Urban in 2011 was a braindead zombie. The guy went to tOSU and won a national title in his second season.

And especially at that time when JVP considered Meyer a friend and one of his preferred successors. It's hindsight. We would have been thrilled. Not that it was ever going to happen, but it was a wish list item, to be sure.
What we learned and saw later changed most of our minds. But no arguing on the results side of the equation, and of course that should not be the most important thing.

All in all, Franklin is our coach and I hope he's here for a long time, blending success with honor.

Reactions: eidolon21
At the time? Absolutely. Hindsight is 20/20 and nobody who wanted Urban in 2011 was a braindead zombie. The guy went to tOSU and won a national title in his second season.

This
In the end it worked out for the best but at the time not wanting Urban would have been foolish. The foolish people were those that wanted Golden

I would have been very happy with Urban and I think you would have to be a brain dead zombie to not feel that way. His resume is beyond outstanding.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT