ADVERTISEMENT

Conel out for season

Bummer. I know injuries are a part of this sport, but still really sucks when a kids career ends as a result of injury.

Ah, that's too bad. He'll always be a legend around these parts!

I agree w/ the poster in the other thread--I think Kolin Moore has turned a corner this year--he's now a clear #2, and Bo had better not sleep on him (hah, like he'd do that....)

Reactions: fronk71
Every year at nationals, there's compelling stories that (nearly) everyone embraces. Two, in Cleveland, were Kyle Conel and Tariq Wilson.

Re. Conel, his health is the most important thing, though I'm hoping for a full recovery, and a return to the mat to wrap up any dreams he may have. If not, he still has 2018.

While I did not know of him prior to last March, I certainly enjoyed watching him at NCAA's & then going back to re-watch his run through the tourney last season. Best wishes on a successful recovery.

Well there is a kid that wasn't ducking.

Unfortunate, had he wrestled Bo last month, he might have popped that shoulder back in place and avoided surgery.

Lion nation definitely wishes him the best, he will always be remembered as an honorary contributor to the 2018 crown.

Too bad it looks like Moore will not see him next year.

Reactions: Dogwelder
Every year at nationals, there's compelling stories that (nearly) everyone embraces. Two, in Cleveland, were Kyle Conel and Tariq Wilson.

Re. Conel, his health is the most important thing, though I'm hoping for a full recovery, and a return to the mat to wrap up any dreams he may have. If not, he still has 2018.
Agree that Conel and Wilson were huge fan favorites at this past NCAA's. LHU's Perry was a big story as well, but the excitement of the fans for Conel and Wilson was really something. Really hate to see Conel out--sounds like he won't likely be looking for a 6th season. Would have really loved to have seem him go up against Bo! Tough break! Best of luck to you Kyle!

That’s really too bad. I hope his decisions going forward are clear to him and he has no regrets whatever he chooses to do. Best of luck, KC.

Reactions: dbldoofus
Conel is ducking the entire 2018 season? There must be serious consequences.
His punishment is he must suffer through surgery and rehabilitation. That will put the fear of God into anybody else thinking of missing a match.

Have we settled on Cenzo's punishment for missing the Bucknell match?

His punishment is he must suffer through surgery and rehabilitation. That will put the fear of God into anybody else thinking of missing a match.
Not enough. He muat also get punished by the 2020 seeding committee, even if he retires.

Not enough. He muat also get punished by the 2020 seeding committee, even if he retires.
We all know Tom Ryan is going to fight and argue even if his guy should be seeded lower....Conel will be seeded low by him for real... Now on the other hand Cael may make a comment and then leave it alone....Can't wait to see how the Ohio State wrestlers get seeded....Especially Pletcher who has losses....

We all know Tom Ryan is going to fight and argue even if his guy should be seeded lower....Conel will be seeded low by him for real... Now on the other hand Cael may make a comment and then leave it alone....Can't wait to see how the Ohio State wrestlers get seeded....Especially Pletcher who has losses....

o_O

Sad news but if Cleveland proves to be his last (collegiate) hurrah, the kid went out with a friggin bang and did so in front of his home crowd. Congrats Kyle.

Reactions: Idahopennstatefan
giphy.gif

Reactions: dicemen99
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT