ADVERTISEMENT

Concerts this summer for old geezers.

WexfordWarrior

Aug 30, 2017
Somewhere in the Carolinas.
I am tired of this portal crap. I am happy with our current lineup. Pretty sure another National Title. That being said: what concerts are you going to this summer. Lots of classic rock guys are passing away. So far I have 2 concerts booked. Doobie Brothers 6/8 in Charlotte and Little Feat 9/16 . Set up a man cave in my bonus room. Set up my 1970's stereo. I found out I have over 400 vinyl lp's. My top albums are Beatles White Album, Stones Exile on Main Street, Zappa Apostrophe, Little Feat Waiting for Columbus, Allman Brothers Eat a Peach and Jethro Tull Aqualung. What say you?

Last edited:
I am tired of this portal crap. I am happy with our current lineup. Pretty sure another National Title. That being said: what concerts are you going to this summer. Lots of classic rock guys are passing away. So far I have 2 concerts booked. Doobie Brothers 6/8 in Charlotte and Little Feat 9/16 . Set up a man cave in my bonus room. Set up my 1970's steroo. I found out I have over 400 vinyl lp's. my top albums are Beatles White Album, Stones Exile on Main Street, Zappa Apostrophe, Little Feat Waiting for Columbus and Jethro Tull Aqualung. What say you?
The last three concerts I’ve attended were:

The Wiggles at Wilkes-Barre
The Imagination Movers at Hershey
The Wiggles at Hershey

The Imagination Movers were quite good. Not kidding. :)

I am tired of this portal crap. I am happy with our current lineup. Pretty sure another National Title. That being said: what concerts are you going to this summer. Lots of classic rock guys are passing away. So far I have 2 concerts booked. Doobie Brothers 6/8 in Charlotte and Little Feat 9/16 . Set up a man cave in my bonus room. Set up my 1970's steroo. I found out I have over 400 vinyl lp's. my top albums are Beatles White Album, Stones Exile on Main Street, Zappa Apostrophe, Little Feat Waiting for Columbus and Jethro Tull Aqualung. What say you?
First concert I went to was at Erie Stadium at 26th and State. Doobie Brothers with Heart as their opening act.

Reactions: WexfordWarrior
Doobie Brothers are playing in Camden and I may grab lawn seats. Also going to see The National in September but that’s more dads in their 40s than old geezers ;)

Would love to see Jackson Brown in early June if I can get dr ok. Friends want us to go see Ozark Mountain Daredevils with Kentucky Headhunters in July which would be almost three years ago since we saw them (OMDD) with The Nitty Gritty Dirt Band. Only concert in that three years that we’ve seen was Joe Bonamassa right before the firs COVID cases.

Would love to see Jackson Brown in early June if I can get dr ok. Friends want us to go see Ozark Mountain Daredevils with Kentucky Headhunters in July which would be almost three years ago since we saw them (OMDD) with The Nitty Gritty Dirt Band. Only concert in that three years that we’ve seen was Joe Bonamassa right before the firs COVID cases.
Love the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band. Lived in Aspen for 6 years and saw them at least 5 times. And Joe Bonamassa is mister Blues.

Last edited:
Reactions: KCLion
Man, this thread makes me feel old. My wife and I live less than 15 miles from the Arts Center in Holmdel, NJ, and every year we look at the groups coming in, and just never get there.

Back in the day, early 70's, I was back from the army and she was still attending Kean College, NJ, we saw Jethro Tull 2X, Jefferson Airplane/Starship, Mountain, and our favorite, ELP 2X, all in Madison Square Garden. While I was away in the army, she saw Sly, and a few others at Fillmore East.

At our last Tull concert in the Garden, around 1977, the crowd had evolved from the laid back, pass the joint ambiance, to a more rowdy scene, and that ended our live concert attendance.

But... carry on all!... and leave some pbp so we can all still enjoy vicariously!

Reactions: diggerpup
I live 1.4 miles from Ravinia on the north side of Chicago. We get our share of geezer shows - Heart, B-52’s, Duran Duran, Morrissey, Roger Daltry, Nile Rodgers, among many over the years. Not a bad walk even with our light picnic gear (it’s set up sort of like Wolf Trap in NoVa).

This year: Jackson Browne, Steve Miller, Sheryl Crow, John Fogarty, Lyle Lovett/Chris Isaak, Black Crowes, Poi Dog Pondering, Bonnie Raitt, Boy George, Sting, Diana Ross, Stevie Nicks.

Last edited:
jethro tull many times and grand funk many times to many other bands to even mention!and many I have not seen but can watch on you tube I love manfred mann earth band!

The last three concerts I’ve attended were:

The Wiggles at Wilkes-Barre
The Imagination Movers at Hershey
The Wiggles at Hershey

The Imagination Movers were quite good. Not kidding. :)

don't feel bad. i have friends that just went to see cocomelon live

Guns n roses last summer

Tim Mcgraw this summer

And if the stars align dave and tim in cancun in Feb

I envy some of you for the shows you're seeing. Awesome to see people are getting out.

I'll be at the Doobie Brothers concert on 6/8 as well with the wife. Waited two years for it.

Eagles --Check
2Cellos -- Check

Foo Fighters--- cancelled -- I have however replaced the FOO with the WHO
Alice N Chains w Bush
Roger Waters
Red Hot Chillis
Rage Against the Machine

Reactions: WexfordWarrior
I'll be at the Doobie Brothers concert on 6/8 as well with the wife. Waited two years for it.
Coming to Pittsburgh in July. Planned to go 2020 but something happened and the tour was cancelled. Was going to go in 2021 and Michael McDonald got covid and once again Pittsburgh was cancelled. Keeping my fingers crossed for 2022.

First concert I went to was at Erie Stadium at 26th and State. Doobie Brothers with Heart as their opening act.
I saw Doobies at Allentown Fair grounds 1980?, I think 3 Dog Night was opening act.
I saw AC/DC Back In Black tour in Stabler Arena Oct. 7 1980.
Angus Young was perpetual motion. He would have been a good 125 pounder.

Jason Isbell Friday night.

Avett Brothers in June.

Tedeschi Trucks and Keb Mo in July.

Looking forward to a fine concert season!
Are these real , never heard of these guys
That being said hoping to see Jackson Browne in July, last concert was the Steve miller band and Journey a few years ago in Camden .

• Haha
Reactions: I.J.W.T.
Jason Isbell Friday night.

Avett Brothers in June.

Tedeschi Trucks and Keb Mo in July.

Looking forward to a fine concert season!
The only time I had front row seats at a concert that large was Tedeschi Trucks at the Beacon a few years back. Managed to take some shots until the ushers stopped me because I had a pro camera. Great live show.

14633232_10153817787335812_8111359858100172894_o.jpg

14556615_10153817786535812_1931927077466603114_o.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT