ADVERTISEMENT

Concerts this summer for old geezers.

Im partial to Hard Rock guitarists but respect all the great ones, Clapton included. Trucks is WAY underrated!

Hence the title of the thread.
vanfront.jpg
“THIS THREAD AINT FOR YOU, DUSTER”

absolutely, 100% not incorrect lol. Carry on.

doesn't play much electric but Bill Strings can play. The one time I saw Clapton - 30 years ago, someone else played lead on Layla...
Good call on Trucks...

Billy Strings can really pluck the guitar. He’s up there with someone of my favorites.
Marcus King is also a good one to check out if anyone is into blues.
Warren Haynes is up there for me and Luther Dickinson of the North Mississippi Allstars as well as Gary Clark Jr
Derek Trucks though is hands down my favorite guitarist.

Used to read RS until I realized how blatantly liberal they became. I might check out that list though, seems strange to have EVH so low.
Just looked, no Vai, Malmsteen, Thorogood, Nugent, Satriani,Healy,Lynch,Travers,Schenker,Moore…freakin liberals 😜

Last edited:
How many of you old timers remember Foghat? They were great during their prime. Slow Ride is probably their best known song but a lot of their other stuff is really good too. I like Fly By Night in particular. If you like to do the C&W swing or the Jitterbug, the beat to Fly By Night is perfect.

How many of you old timers remember Foghat? They were great during their prime. Slow Ride is probably their best known song but a lot of their other stuff is really good too. I like Fly By Night in particular. If you like to do the C&W swing or the Jitterbug, the beat to Fly By Night is perfect.
Oh yeah Foghat. Saw them in 1972 at a gymnasium on the campus of Chatham College. Went to see them out of curiosity because of their Savoy Brown (another great blues band) connection. Good show and it didn't hurt that Chatham was an all girls school.

ADVERTISEMENT