ADVERTISEMENT

Comparison for NFL draft - Josh Adams v. Miles Sanders

mrtailgate

Feb 2, 2005
Apologies if previously discussed, but in watching Josh Adams, I wonder about Miles Sanders draft position. Curious if you see a comparison here given that Josh Adams was undrafted.

Didn’t Adams have some injury issues (knee or foot) that kept him from being drafted. On ability, he would have been drafted.

To me, this was Sanders first year playing after a long hiatus. If he stays he gets to show a polished and prepared running back to the NFL scouts, if not, he has to have one hell of a camp to get it done this year, if not.....he goes where he goes. Whatever, and whomever is correct in assessing his status, I wish Miles the best. He has paid his dues without whining and like Trace, if a few receivers had not gotten injured or dveloped a case of the drive killing dropsies, would have had a much better season.

Apologies if previously discussed, but in watching Josh Adams, I wonder about Miles Sanders draft position. Curious if you see a comparison here given that Josh Adams was undrafted.

Someone hasn't been paying attention.

If Sanders gets 3rd/4th round grade then I think he should go. He's never going to be a 1st/2nd round back and coming back only adds more miles to his legs and potentially exposes any additional weaknesses.

As far as comparisons go, he kind of reminds of the Eagle's RB Ajayi.

If Sanders gets 3rd/4th round grade then I think he should go. He's never going to be a 1st/2nd round back and coming back only adds more miles to his legs and potentially exposes any additional weaknesses.

As far as comparisons go, he kind of reminds of the Eagle's RB Ajayi.
He may not be a 1rst round pick, but I believe he is being underestimated by many board members.

Reactions: stormingnorm
If Miles was my son I would advise him to stay at PSU and enjoy the college experience. But given CJF's continued work to add a 2nd RB to the 2019 class I would not be surprised if Miles has already let CJF know he is leaving....

Isn't it interesting that Adams has had success in the NFL, when CJF wanted him but then the 2 RB spots in that class got filled by Barkley and Robinson, and Adams ended up at ND....

Didn’t Adams have some injury issues (knee or foot) that kept him from being drafted. On ability, he would have been drafted.

Yes, you’re correct that there was some issue about Josh Adams and potential need for surgery. But I recall that he was slotted as a final day selection before he fell, so Round 4-7. In my eyes, they seem somewhat similar as to their abilities.

He may not be a 1rst round pick, but I believe he is being underestimated by many board members.
I agree with that. And I’d like to have him back. The untimely fumbles seriously impacted how fans view him. I’d think he’s got a better shot if he comes back and proves he can break big runs v top defenses and hold onto the ball.

He won't be a 1st round pick. No "may not" about it. Most mock drafts have him going in the 5th round.

It seems these days that a lot of kids are leaving early for an uncertain paycheck so who knows what he or any other juniors are going to do? But in the mock drafts McGovern is the only one projected in the first two rounds.

ADVERTISEMENT