ADVERTISEMENT

Committee proposes the Nails Rule

Redrawing would be ok. Now that the "free" Advancement Point is gone, and half of the weight class no longer gets that point, it does make sense.

This proposal seems to be more about "inclusion", and getting another guy to the dance, so it appears to be for intangible, more than practical, reasons. Since the extra wrestler is "allowed to travel to the championship site at the expense of that wrestler’s school", and knowing how tight some school's budgets are...my guess is that many schools wouldn't allow their guy to go...and that alone would blow this proposal, imo.

Reactions: Lyons212
...my guess is that many schools wouldn't allow their guy to go...and that alone would blow this proposal, imo.

I'll have to disagree with this one, partially because of the use of the word "many." If there's a chance a guy could get in, I don't think $1K is going to break their budget. We're talking about a max of 20 teams impacted with the alternates (2 per weight). I'll see if I can find who the alternates were this year and then look at those schools' respective budgets to break something out. I really don't think it would be "many" -- I'd have to believe it'd be all of them would go, if not for another workout partner as well.

I'll have to disagree with this one, partially because of the use of the word "many." If there's a chance a guy could get in, I don't think $1K is going to break their budget. We're talking about a max of 20 teams impacted with the alternates (2 per weight). I'll see if I can find who the alternates were this year and then look at those schools' respective budgets to break something out. I really don't think it would be "many" -- I'd have to believe it'd be all of them would go, if not for another workout partner as well.
Since you're here JB, interested in sharing an opinion about this possible rule change? Like it? Like the idea of a redraw with 32 guys better?

Just curious...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT