ADVERTISEMENT

Comcast Streaming Service

dolster24

Gold Member
Dec 27, 2007
Anybody have intel when Comcast is going to launch its streaming service nationwide? I think it’s in beta testing in a couple of areas. I think it’s called Instant TV...i like this service because of live locat tv. It seems these other streaming services (sling, PS Vue, Hulu, YouTube live tv) don’t offer live local tv for all the channels (abc, nbc, cbs, Fox) which will impact my ability to penn state and the Steelers. I live just outside Johnstown PA...thanks

Anybody have intel when Comcast is going to launch its streaming service nationwide? I think it’s in beta testing in a couple of areas. I think it’s called Instant TV...i like this service because of live locat tv. It seems these other streaming services (sling, PS Vue, Hulu, YouTube live tv) don’t offer live local tv for all the channels (abc, nbc, cbs, Fox) which will impact my ability to penn state and the Steelers. I live just outside Johnstown PA...thanks
Try DirecTV Now

They don’t have any local channels where I live...I put in my zip code and it said they don’t have live local tv. Not sure why??
I live an hour outside of Pittsburgh and I get the local channels from Pittsburgh. Maybe try the 7 day trial period and see what happens.

I live in State College and I don't get any local channels with DirectTV Now. That's about the only downside to the service.

I tried every streaming service I could find. DirectTVNow, Sling, YouTube and others. None offerred ABC, CBS, NBC or Fox in this area. I think it is an FCC thing. They also indicated that if you lied about your zip code, they would hunt you down and disconnect you.

This cable, internet thing is a racket....in October my bill will be north of $215. I get physically angry thinking of this...lol. I’m cool with paying for the internet which I always use but paying for 125 channels when we watch about 15 of them irritates the piss out of me!!

I've been using the YOUTUBE TV for almost a year and they do carry the local channels as well as the BIG10, NBCSPORTS & Olympic Channel which allowed me to see all of the matches of the World Cup. I haven't had any problem with it and I live pretty far south in NJ down by the Delaware Bay.

Reactions: lionlover
I tried every streaming service I could find. DirectTVNow, Sling, YouTube and others. None offerred ABC, CBS, NBC or Fox in this area. I think it is an FCC thing. They also indicated that if you lied about your zip code, they would hunt you down and disconnect you.

Before or after they shoot you?

Dolster, I don't think Comcast offers service in your area. The "Instant" package which is the streaming service, is not a national offering. It is an option for people who live within their network footprint. If you go to https://www.xfinity.com/learn/offers you can enter your address to see if their network passes your home. If it does, type "Instant" into the search field and it will give you the package details (channels, internet speed, and price). The "Instant" offering is meant to provide a very basic OTT video offering for broadband Internet customers.

ADVERTISEMENT