ADVERTISEMENT

Colombia Has A Major Hippo Problem Thanks To Pablo Escobar

Interesting problem for Colombia. I hadn’t heard of this before. They are going to need to get a hold of this soon or it’ll expand out of control quickly.

Last edited:
Reactions: aferrelli
I hadn’t realized that Colombia had a hippo problem. But what I’ve known for a while is that Colombia has some of the most beautiful women in the world. :D:)

Last edited:
Reactions: Ezcheez
For a while I was wondering why Columbia UNIVERSITY was having a hippo problem and how it was related to Pablo Escobar. Then realized you were talking about Columbia the country, not the university.

Boy am I slow today. Too much Guinness?

Reactions: psu00
Hippos are dangerous, nasty animals.
No surprise because they share their living space with crocodiles.
Sooner or later, the Colombian authorities will probably have to shoot all of these animals.

Reactions: anon_1eeb2b426hv3y
Um...flag?

Fixed
sofia-vergara-instagram.jpg

03_hipopotama__model_hippopotamus__fantasia__by_rob32-da191wu.jpg

Reactions: psu00
Hippos are dangerous, nasty animals.
No surprise because they share their living space with crocodiles.
Sooner or later, the Colombian authorities will probably have to shoot all of these animals.
Seems the obvious solution. They’re huge and shouldn’t be too difficult to wipe out. Not that I’m advocating an invasive hippo genocide but they don’t belong there and they’re dangerous as heck.

Seems the obvious solution. They’re huge and shouldn’t be too difficult to wipe out. Not that I’m advocating an invasive hippo genocide but they don’t belong there and they’re dangerous as heck.

Did everyone watch the video? They started to shoot them. But after the first kill, the hunters posed for a photo with the kill and caused a giant backlash which put an end to the hunting.

Short of hunting them down, they'll need some very strong tranquilizer guns and some very brave vets to fix the animals so they can't reproduce. At least this way they won't become a bigger problem and they will eventually die off.

Did everyone watch the video? They started to shoot them. But after the first kill, the hunters posed for a photo with the kill and caused a giant backlash which put an end to the hunting.

Short of hunting them down, they'll need some very strong tranquilizer guns and some very brave vets to fix the animals so they can't reproduce. At least this way they won't become a bigger problem and they will eventually die off.
I didn’t watch too long, or not long enough to see that part. They’re invasive species and they’re way dangerous. Sometimes, doing the right thing requires enduring backlash. But you’re right. I didn’t watch far enough so I may not have thought through all the issues and solutions.

Hunted or tranqued and removed, or sterilized. All sound reasonable.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT