ADVERTISEMENT

Collegiate Wrestling Duals

#2 PENN STATE NITTANY LIONS (5-0, 0-0 B1G)
125 Baylor Shunk So. Centre Hall, Pa./Penns Valley 2-2
Brandon Meredith Jr. Limerick, Pa./Spring-Ford 0-2
133 #1 Roman Bravo-Young Sr. Tucson, Ariz./Sunnyside 4-0
141 #1 Nick Lee Sr.+ Evansville, Ind./Homeschooled 4-0
149 #22 Beau Bartlett So. Tempe, Ariz./Wyoming Seminary (Pa.) 4-1
157 Terrell Barraclough So. Kaysville, Utah/Layton 1-2
Joe Lee So. Evansville, Ind/Evansville 0-0
Tony Negron Jr. North Babylon, N.Y./North Babylon 0-1
165 #26 Creighton Edsell Jr. Wyalusing, Pa./Wyalusing 5-0
174 #1 Carter Starocci So. Erie, Pa./Cathedral Prep 5-0
184 #1 Aaron Brooks Jr. Hagerstown, Md./North Hagerstown 3-0
197 #3 Max Dean Jr. Lowell, Mich./Lowell 5-0
Michael Beard So. Pottstown, Pa./Malvern Prep 3-0
285 #4 Greg Kerkvliet So. Inver Grove Heights, Minn./Simley 3-0

#22 NORTHERN IOWA PANTHERS (0-2)
125 #10 Brody Teske So. Duncombe, Iowa/Fort Dodge
133 #31 Kyle Biscoglia So. Waukee, Iowa/Waukee
141 #26 Cael Happel Fr. Lisbon, Iowa/Lisbon
149 #28 Triston Lara Jr. Fort Doge, Iowa/Fort Doge
157 Derek Holschlag Jr. La Porte City, Iowa/Union
Evan Yant Fr. Waverly, Iowa/Waverly-Shell Rock
165 #23 Austin Yant Jr. Waverly, Iowa/Waverly-Shell Rock
174 Lance Runyon Fr. Pleasant Hill, Iowa/Southeast Polk
184 #4 Parker Keckeisen Fr. Glendale, Wis./Nicolet
197 Noah Glaser So. New Hampton, Iowa/New Hampton
285 #21 Carter Isley Sr. Albia, Iowa/Albia

#9 CORNELL BIG RED (1-0 )
125 Greg Diakomihalis Fr. Rochester, N.Y./Hilton
133 #5 Vito Arujau So. Syosset, N.Y./Syosset
Dom LaJoie Sr. Gaylord, Mich./Gaylord
141 Cole Handlovic Fr. Bethlehem, Pa./Beca
149 #1 Yianni Diakomihalis Jr. Rochester, N.Y./Hilton
157 #25 Colton Yapoujian So. Byers, Colo./Jeffco Virtual Academy
Adam Santoro Gr. Valhalla, N.Y./Fordham Prep
165 #9 Julian Ramirez Fr. Miami, Fla./Blair Academy
174 #12 Chris Foca So. Cliffside Park, N.J./Bergen Catholic
184 #15 Jonathan Loew Jr. Wantagh, N.Y./Wantagh
197 #19 Jacob Cardenas So. Kearny, N.J./Bergen Catholic
285 #18 Lewis Fernandes So. Tewksbury, N.J./Voorhees
Drew Flynn Sr. Pompton Lakes, N.J./Pompton Lakes
Where’s Nevills? I though he was supposed to be going to Florida??? :rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: Dogwelder
The best way to get Hoosier's attention is to throw out "I heard Nick Lee is going to wrestle 149". It's his version of the Bat Signal.:cool:

I'd be interested in his take on 157 also.
It’s analogous to saying that Ohio State football isn’t the greatest program in the entire sporting world (of all time). That is a trigger for the entire Buckeye Rapid Reaction Email Force to descend on your board in force

• Haha
Reactions: Dogwelder
lol in high I was clipping nails to make weight!!
Back in high school, heard a wrestler at another school wacked off. A wrestler on my team would use enemas because Ex-Lax stopped working. I can attest to Ex-Lax stops working after about the 3rd mega dose. John Smith would have been proud of my weight cutting ability.

Reactions: slushhead
Back in high school, heard a wrestler at another school wacked off.

cmpunk-what.gif

I think I can respond for Hoosier:

"Joe was dinged up the first few weeks but is fine now. He's looking good as ever, will be our 157 and will All American for us this year."

And I am HERE for that
I like Joe and I'm rooting for him to be our guy I think he has a lot of potential if he listens to the coaches

Reactions: Hoosier Lion
Back in high school, heard a wrestler at another school wacked off.

Dialog at weigh in. "I am sorry you are 8 grams over, you'll have to DQ. Wait a minute there, you are now 5 grams over, 2 grams over, what do you know, you made it!

Janitor we have a cleanup in ...."

Honestly what's worse, thinking that would work, or telling someone? Maybe he got caught in an embarrassing situation and that was the lame explanation.

Last edited:
Dialog at weigh in. "I am sorry you are 8 grams over, you'll have to DQ. Wait a minute there, you are now 5 grams over, 2 grams over, what do you know, you made it!

Honestly what's worse, thinking that would work, or telling someone? Maybe he got caught in an embarrassing situation and that was the lame explanation.

It might have worked if Peter North was the wrestler. "Coach, you need me drop a weight class by tonight? Not a problem!"

Back in high school, heard a wrestler at another school wacked off . . .
We had that guy, but in junior high.
Another guy who induced vomiting.
And no, the latter was not triggered by the former.

Desperation to make weight is not an anxiety I miss. Come HS, not making weight would put you in Coach’s doghouse like nothing else.

My son was at a MAWA event at Juniata and during weigh-ins a boy was over by less than a half pound. The dad said to his son "well you are going to need to take the leg off". He did and made weight easily. The kid was pretty good.

Reactions: WEAREPSU_LI
I just paid the $9.99 PPV fee on the Rokfin app, so I’m all set for some wrestling. Still a pretty good value compared to making the trip, but for those of you who are there, I hope you have a wonderful time.

This board is in desperate need of some actual wrestling. This past couple of weeks has been painful.

I predict some good surprises for our team during the next month. Enjoy 👍

Assuming it is Penn State vs Arizona State in the Blue Finals and all of the starters go, the match-up with the Sun Devils is intriguing. There are clear favorites up to the 197 pound bout, with each team favored in four bouts. At 197, #2 Dean/#? Beard will meet #9 Norfleet. Then at 285, we have a possible match-up from last year's NCAA's, #4 Kerkvliet vs #3 Schultz. Has the makings of a great dual.

So is the PPV fee just to watch this event “live”? Will the regular Rokfin members be able to watch this event once it is archived?

Made it down to FLA Thursday night.

Rented a condo, right on the beach in Miramar.

Been surf fishing each day, both dawn & dusk. The fresh seafood has been amazing. I almost forgot I was here for PSU wrestling. :cool:
So where are the warm up beverages? Any good places here? Saw a few Hawkeye hats in our hotel (Courtyard)…looking for a place to watch the late NFL game with some PSU folks!

Made it down to FLA Thursday night.

Rented a condo, right on the beach in Miramar.

Been surf fishing each day, both dawn & dusk. The fresh seafood has been amazing. I almost forgot I was here for PSU wrestling. :cool:

Have cocktails at sunset at The Whale's Tail. Hopping place during the busy season. The Surf Hut is good as well. Miramar is my favorite area around Destin. Bad Ass Coffee should be close to where you are as well.

What a load of shit. Ya pay for access or whatever and then they throw up a PPV lol. Hell WWE doesn’t even do that for freaking wrestlemania.
Gimme flo everyday of the week and twice on sundays for the simple fact that they finally started putting most of their marquee matchups on YouTube.
Hey Slow Curt, how much of that Flo fee goes towards PSU?

Amazing you’ll spend $185 on that stupid Freebird tattoo but you wont drop 10 to watch 3 of your favorite teams duals.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: diggerpup

We caught a kid doing it in the locker room - said he was missing weight for Jr High track, which was a thing.

ADVERTISEMENT