ADVERTISEMENT

Collegian feature on Sandy Barbour

She's a dumbshit, and it has nothing to do with Joe. But go ahead and use him against us anyhow. Maybe if you keep doing that, you can become as big a dumbshit as she is.

tsUOTE="Cruising Route 66, post: 121353, member: 314"][/QUOTE]

BTW CR - Still awaiting your RSVP. The opportunity to meet face to face with a man as "accomplished" as you would be a real treat. I can't imagine ANYONE could provide more insight regarding the behaviors of "massively ego'ed" folk......or folks with fixations on pre-pubescent girls.

Like you, I prefer to look forward......and I REALLY look forward to spending a little time gettin' all educated by a right proper person such as yourownself. After all, very few folk claim ta' being able ta' make the whole durn world better off by jus' showin up....by golly, I can't help but to reckon jus' being around you fer a spell will likely make me a better person too!

BTW, I is glad to see you has moved on....and ain't doing something so durn stoopid as wasting your time making 17,000 posts trying to edumicate a bunch o' ignoramuses. The whole durn world needs you ta' be out there making it a better place....not a'wasting yer super relevant time with a passle o' numbskulls.

She's a dumbshit, and it has nothing to do with Joe. But go ahead and use him against us anyhow. Maybe if you keep doing that, you can become as big a dumbshit as she is.
People who use "dumb shit, dumb ass", etc. in referencing people much smarter than themselves, are funny. Especially, in referencing someone you never met. By the way, it has EVERYTHING to do with Joe. Every disparaging remark you and your kind make on this board about others, most definitely has to do with Joe. By the way, he died a few years ago. He ain't coming back.

Last edited:
Reactions: PSU_Nut
So, she never says "anything" when Penn State get's trashed publicly? That's because she's smart. Unlike many on this board who like to "pretend play" CEO. Why comment at all? Penn State is trashed publicly every hour and a half. Chill the F out and let the woman run the athletic dept. without bringing Paterno into it somehow. For god's sake. Until they build some giant statue from the Game of Thrones with Joe straddling the campus, none of you chuckle heads will be happy.

That's a lot of words to say nothing.

Reactions: Hartzie and N&B4PSU
People who use "dumb shit, dumb ass", etc. in referencing people much smarter than themselves, are funny. Especially, in referencing someone you never met. By the way, it has EVERYTHING to do with Joe. Every disparaging remark you and your kind make on this board about others, most definitely has to do with Joe. By the way, he died a few years ago. He ain't coming in back.

Don't be so sure about that last comment WD. Mr 66, I reckon, just might have the ability to resurrect.
I'll be sure to ask him .....assuming he follows through with sharing a brief communion.

So, she never says "anything" when Penn State get's trashed publicly? That's because she's smart. Unlike many on this board who like to "pretend play" CEO. Why comment at all? Penn State is trashed publicly every hour and a half. Chill the F out and let the woman run the athletic dept. without bringing Paterno into it somehow. For god's sake. Until they build some giant statue from the Game of Thrones with Joe straddling the campus, none of you chuckle heads will be happy.

People who use "dumb shit, dumb ass", etc. in referencing people much smarter than themselves, are funny. Especially, in referencing someone you never met. By the way, it has EVERYTHING to do with Joe. Every disparaging remark you and your kind make on this board about others, most definitely has to do with Joe. By the way, he died a few years ago. He ain't coming in back.

So you criticize his language?
And everything to do with Joe??

You're not communicating effectively here; can't even determine what your point is.

So you criticize his language?
And everything to do with Joe??

You're not communicating effectively here; can't even determine what your point is.
Just trying to defend an AD who is actually doing a pretty good job. When numb skulls call people who are trying to help our university"Dumb Shit and Dumb Ass", I get upset. Do you get my point now? Do you need pictures?

Just trying to defend an AD who is actually doing a pretty good job. When numb skulls call people who are trying to help our university"Dumb Shit and Dumb Ass", I get upset. Do you get my point now? Do you need pictures?

OK. I'll listen to you. Give me her accomplishments. Seriously, tell me what she's done.

Reactions: N&B4PSU and Art
People who use "dumb shit, dumb ass", etc. in referencing people much smarter than themselves, are funny. Especially, in referencing someone you never met. By the way, it has EVERYTHING to do with Joe. Every disparaging remark you and your kind make on this board about others, most definitely has to do with Joe. By the way, he died a few years ago. He ain't coming back.
So did the heart and soul of this University and that is not a reference to Joe but to Erickson and the old guard members of the BOT who put a knife in her back. She has resurrected herself, thanks to the efforts of thousands of her sons and daughters, but she will never be the same.

Reactions: N&B4PSU and WeR0206
So did the heart and soul of this University and that is not a reference to Joe but to Erickson and the old guard members of the BOT who put a knife in her back. She has resurrected herself, thanks to the efforts of thousands of her sons and daughters, but she will never be the same.
Ugh.

You can criticize my language all you want. I'll easily venture that I am far more educated than you are. Just because she is your friend does not eliminate the likelihood that she is a dumbshit, because to be frank, I think you're probably a dumbshit too, and birds of a feather flock together. Lucky you.

And yeah, while you are at it, please do give us a list of her accomplishments thus far. She's overpaid, so let's hear what she is doing to earn it.

And one last thing: laughing at her is not going to kill me early. I'm going to live long enough to make sure that the bastards that put us where we are, pay for it. I'm sure I'm not the only here who feels that way.

Reactions: Hartzie and WeR0206
She is doing a great job for us thus far, has she made some mistakes, sure, but I know Coach Franklin loves her and thinks she is a bulldog who fights for Penn State and the football program is good enough for me

Actually, what you said isn't true. She's actually trashed the university instead of saying nothing.

Reactions: fairgambit

I need pictures. Perhaps it can help explain the sudden outpouring of new expenses.

She is doing a great job for us thus far, has she made some mistakes, sure, but I know Coach Franklin loves her and thinks she is a bulldog who fights for Penn State and the football program is good enough for me

OK, so since the witch doctor didn't respond to my request, I'll ask you. What are some of her accomplishments? What are some of the great things she has done?

LOL

Cronk. Really?

You're a smart guy....all the folks who are long-timers on the boards know that.

What does Franklin - or any other CFB head coach want from an AD?
What would make him very happy?

You know the answer.

In an ideal world, from the Coach's perspective, all he wants from the AD is a blank check.

Every CFB head coach in the country would like that....and then for the AD to not get in the way.

I would expect that Franklin IS THRILLED w/ Sandy Barbour.....I can't think of an AD in the country with a "better" track record of doing just that (and even if he isn't thrilled - I think we've seen enough out of Franklin to know he would do nothing but heap enthusiastic praise anyway, at least publically).

Unfortunately, it is just that type of behavior which leads to Athletic Departments - in the long run - ending up like the one at California. Its not going to be CJF, or even SB, who is going to be left to pay the piper when the hangover follows the big party.

The barriers to competency as an AD should be just a wee bit higher than being willing to spend everyone else's money.

Reactions: WeR0206 and 91Joe95
LOL

Cronk. Really?

You're a smart guy....all the folks who are long-timers on the boards know that.

You know the answer.

In an ideal world, from the Coach's perspective, all he wants from the AD is a blank check.

Every CFB head coach in the country would like that....and then for the AD to not get in the way.

I would expect that Franklin IS THRILLED w/ Sandy Barbour.....I can't think of an AD in the country with a "better" track record of doing just that (and even if he isn't thrilled - I think we've seen enough out of Franklin to know he would do nothing but heap enthusiastic praise anyway, at least publically).

Unfortunately, it is just that type of behavior which leads to Athletic Departments - in the long run - ending up like the one at California. Its not going to be CJF, or even SB, who is going to be left to pay the piper when the hangover follows the big party.

The barriers to competency as an AD should be just a wee bit higher than being willing to spend everyone else's money.

Fiscal responsibility?!? Now that's just crazy talk.

LOL

Cronk. Really?

You know the answer.

I know this is pointless because so many of you have already made up your minds on her but here I go

of course he wants money and you know what, in college sports especially in the Big Ten, you are going to make money but at the end of the day, we are supposed to end up netting zero so how you spend the money is more important than if you spend money or not and her choosing to pay our assistant coaches more was a wise move, her money spent in the Lasch building is money well spent because that is a long term investment that will help with recruiting

she has been all over Delaney when we have gotten screwed and has backed Chambers privately and in public when the bball team was getting the hose job, to hear CJF say it, her rant after the OSU game to Delaney was better than most Get Real rants

there is no such thing as fiscal responsibility in today's college football Power 5 world and if you are practicing it, you are falling behind

We got 5 Billion in the bank. WTF are people talking about "fiscal responsibility"? You just effin bitch and moan. Your lives must be absolutely horrible. If Joe was coach and Tarman AD, and the EXACT same spending was happening, you would all be giddy. Oh wait, they're dead.

Reactions: cronk
We got 5 Billion in the bank. WTF are people talking about "fiscal responsibility"? You just effin bitch and moan. Your lives must be absolutely horrible. If Joe was coach and Tarman AD, and the EXACT same spending was happening, you would all be giddy. Oh wait, they're dead.

That's twice you reminded us that Paterno is dead. Thought when you didn't respond to my request for a listing of Barbour's accomplishments that maybe you went away. But you're still here. Please, give me some idea of what she has done.

Reactions: WeR0206
That's twice you reminded us that Paterno is dead. Thought when you didn't respond to my request for a listing of Barbour's accomplishments that maybe you went away. But you're still here. Please, give me some idea of what she has done.
Oh wait, it's actually 6.4 Billion in the bank. God, she's ruining everything.

You seem to like dead people.....or is it, that you like that certain people are dead? In either case, you are someone whose time here should be past!

By the way, WTF do you want her to do? Besides build a Temple to Joe, what do you want her to do? Her job is to run a successful athletic program with honor and integrity. She has done just that. But, go ahead and keep complaining.

The Athletic Department has $6.4 BN in the bank? Then why is it borrowing from the University to fund its cash-flow shortfalls?
My god. Your question alone, proves your lack of knowledge in the running of a 35+ sport university athletic dept. You win. By reading and dialoguing on this board, one becomes dumber. I'm out before I am infected.

there is no such thing as fiscal responsibility in today's college football Power 5 world and if you are practicing it, you are falling behind

You're smarter than that. Of course you have to be fiscally responsible. There's no dictum that you have to spend every dollar you bring in, especially right away. Honestly, I'm surprised you would post something like that.

You people have gone certifiably nuts. Exactly what was the point of bringing someone like Sandy in then, whose biggest strength PSU touted when hiring her was her financial acumen? Why not just bring in someone with a better on field success rate?

My god. Your question alone, proves your lack of knowledge in the running of a 35+ sport university athletic dept. You win. By reading and dialoguing on this board, one becomes dumber. I'm out before I am infected.[/QUOTE

Hmmmmm.......The Athletic Department's annual budget is about $118mm. Debt is around $48mm. They must be doing a real good job of hiding that
$6.4Bn because you seem to be the only person who can find it.

My god. Your question alone, proves your lack of knowledge in the running of a 35+ sport university athletic dept. You win. By reading and dialoguing on this board, one becomes dumber. I'm out before I am infected.

You cannot be serious.

You're smarter than that. Of course you have to be fiscally responsible. There's no dictum that you have to spend every dollar you bring in, especially right away. Honestly, I'm surprised you would post something like that.

for a program that is coming out of its WORST years ever, it would make sense to spend every penny on athletics now that we are out of it to catch up for what we fell behind in while we had to down shift, I expect soon we will be able to play musical money again and have athletics help other departments or "put it in the bank" but no athletic director in the country right now is running huge surpluses, everyone is spending everything, it is an Arms Race, Bama, OSU, UF, FSU are having record revenues and spending it all

Where are you getting that number from? Citation, please.

LOL The entire University endowment - IIRC - is in the neighborhood of $3-3.5 Billion.

The Witch Doctor must be buying into that story about where all the Payout/Fine/Legal Expense money is coming from......that magical cash-crapping unicorn that Dandrea and Masser have locked up in Old Main.

th

Wasn't it WD who set the parameters for calling someone a "dumb ass"? If so, I think we all now have established that we pass that bar.....so, WD, my friend,.......you sir are one "dumb ass". :)

Nobody has mentioned Joe here, but you. But now I understand: either you ARE Sandy, or else a close friend of hers, and it seems clear that the reason she was hired is that her cohort really wants nothing to do with Joe. You keep bringing it up, remember?

If she was a secure person, she wouldn't let the past scare her, but obviously both you (and perhaps her) realize that trying to live up to Joe is impossible, so you trash him whenever you can. Perhaps she agrees with you. At any rate, you are doing her no favors, and in fact, thanks to this exchange, I now dislike her more than ever.

Neither she, nor you, will ever be a fraction of the man that Joe was, but that is besides the point. YOU brought Joe up, not us. Clearly, you are frightened by his legacy, so you try to minimize him. Sorry, but it won't work.

But one thing you have shown us, is that it's likely that Sandy will never be on board to honor Joe. Thanks for letting us in on that.

Nobody has mentioned Joe here, but you. But now I understand: either you ARE Sandy, or else a close friend of hers, and it seems clear that the reason she was hired is that her cohort really wants nothing to do with Joe. You keep bringing it up, remember?

If she was a secure person, she wouldn't let the past scare her, but obviously both you (and perhaps her) realize that trying to live up to Joe is impossible, so you trash him whenever you can. Perhaps she agrees with you. At any rate, you are doing her no favors, and in fact, thanks to this exchange, I now dislike her more than ever.

Neither she, nor you, will ever be a fraction of the man that Joe was, but that is besides the point. YOU brought Joe up, not us. Clearly, you are frightened by his legacy, so you try to minimize him. Sorry, but it won't work.

But one thing you have shown us, is that it's likely that Sandy will never be on board to honor Joe. Thanks for letting us in on that.
You people, are NUTS. I never called anyone a name, or used profanity on this board. I defended the AD from the very use of it against her. Your logic lines, are EXHAUSSSSSTING, discussions on everything bad Penn State, instead of good, is so EFFIN nuts. Just a bunch of Whiny mofos. As I mentioned before, I hope you don't share your opinions in public? When you think people are listening, they are really thinking, "How can I get away from this nut job, bore?"

ADVERTISEMENT