ADVERTISEMENT

Football College Football Players Association

Inevitable. We need a collective bargaining agreement with schools and some kind of player association to provide some kind of framework. I’ve been predicting this for almost ten years.

Reactions: Rip_E_2_Joe_PA
Inevitable. We need a collective bargaining agreement with schools and some kind of player association to provide some kind of framework. I’ve been predicting this for almost ten years.
Yes you have and it has been way to long in coming.

Reactions: Obliviax
Perhaps it’s time to kill scholarships altogether. Students athletes vs social parasites is an easy choice.

Perhaps it’s time to kill scholarships altogether. Students athletes vs social parasites is an easy choice.
Kind of confused what you are saying here. What is a social parasite and how does it relate to college football. Just asking not looking to start an argument.

The majority of P5 players have turned into social parasites. They have a great deal but can't see it because they are greedy and want more.
Lol...
There is greed in America...
...and college football players play in America... All you Karen's unite.

Lol...
There is greed in America...
...and college football players play in America... All you Karen's unite.

Maybe the REAL students should unionize since they are the ones actually paying all the tuition, room and board costs, and “activity fees”.

Can someone please tell me who is forcing Sean Clifford to play football???? Can someone please tell me who is forcing ANY of these guys to play football????

Good for them! They are not unionizing, though, because they aren’t employed by anybody. They just want a piece of the pie and I don’t blame them. Again, the school has no skin in the game. It’s a racket. Tuition is mostly paid by third party lenders with students carrying debt upon graduation. School gets their money. Athletics gets their money no matter how poorly they perform because of the conference media deal and Rev share. Kids need more than a $40k per yr education when the school AD is racking in $175m per yr annually. A lot of coaches are getting rich, too. But in order to share, non Rev sports will suffer.

Maybe the REAL students should unionize since they are the ones actually paying all the tuition, room and board costs, and “activity fees”.

Can someone please tell me who is forcing Sean Clifford to play football???? Can someone please tell me who is forcing ANY of these guys to play football????
Bwahahha...
Maybe at other places but not at OSU and PSU...CFB earns money...pays for incredible facilities, coaches salaries and other sports programs...
We are not talking Temple here....

Just disassociate college sports from colleges in every way except sponsorship. Don't make them be students. Pay them what the market says they create (which means get rid of everything except football and men's basketball).

If you qualify to go to a school academically, and you maintain a good enough GPA while in school, then I think you should be able to play football for said school on a scholarship. Payment on top of that? No way.

If you don't qualify to get into school academically, and you don't have any intention of going to class and working toward a degree, you have no business playing college football. Go find some other way to market yourself to the NFL.

Under this model, college football would be just fine.

Just disassociate college sports from colleges in every way except sponsorship. Don't make them be students. Pay them what the market says they create (which means get rid of everything except football and men's basketball).
We need minor league football with teams aligned with an NFL team. Forcing talented athletes to pretend to be scholar-athletes is not fair to them and has made academic s a joke.
In Allentown we have minor league baseball and hockey, and both draw well. A minor league football team, affiliated with the Eagles would sell out.

We need minor league football with teams aligned with an NFL team. Forcing talented athletes to pretend to be scholar-athletes is not fair to them and has made academic s a joke.
In Allentown we have minor league baseball and hockey, and both draw well. A minor league football team, affiliated with the Eagles would sell out.
I do not see that happening anytime soon. The NFL is not interested in such a large investment when they can continue to allow the universities & colleges to pay.

I do not see that happening anytime soon. The NFL is not interested in such a large investment when they can continue to allow the universities & colleges to pay.
I agree that the NFL wouldnt create a minor league system till forced to. It would be nice if they could get an agreement with the USFL and/or XFL. At least those leagues have ownership and might stick around a while this time around.

Would the NFL team own the minor league team or franchise it? Either way it could be a cash cow. What would the Eagles get for franchise rights? Or revenue if they owned the team?

ADVERTISEMENT