ADVERTISEMENT

College Football (Other Games) 9/17

LandoComando

Nov 29, 2021
These early games are awful
Georgia should just be given a spot in the playoffs. Michigan is doing what they should against UConn.
The Big Ten is pretty much garbage. Purdue-Syracuse is like watching two middle school teams attempt to play football--Syracuse needs to find a QB. Nebraska should have just let Frost lose out the year. Northwestern and Indiana are losing to teams they shouldn't.
Hopefully Cal-Notre Dame is good for an hour before Penn State-Auburn kick

Barry Switzer redux - Sooners “hanging half a hundred” on Nebraska - in the 3rd Q

That’s a shame

Don't follow ND football unless I have to. Did not know that Al Golden was their Defensive Coordinator.

Purdue looking pathetic against Syracuse. Now down 10 with 8 minutes left. Quality win? lol

Meanwhile, as much as I like Patty Fitz, if Northwestern loses today he might need to leave Northwestern because it's completely unacceptable.

Comparative scores mean nothing.
But.
This ain't the greatest sign.
Iowa St 24 Ohio 0
Syracuse 25 Purdue 15

Edit, Purdue closes to 25-22

Purdue looking pathetic against Syracuse. Now down 10 with 8 minutes left. Quality win? lol

Meanwhile, as much as I like Patty Fitz, if Northwestern loses today he might need to leave Northwestern because it's completely unacceptable.

SU D is all over OConnell. Just got him on pick 6 with pressure. We could not touch him. Scheme better by Orange. Have QB confused but not on last play. 55 TD to Jones. Cuse too aggressive up 10. That is play CJF would avoid giving up

SU D is all over OConnell. Just got him on pick 6 with pressure. We could not touch him. Scheme better by Orange. Have QB confused
Agreed--Charlie Jones is doing everything he can to keep them in it. But these two teams are awful IMO.

Agreed--Charlie Jones is doing everything he can to keep them in it. But these two teams are awful IMO.
Way too aggressive. Should force PU to use time but let Jones get behind D. SU up 3 with 6 or so

Another bad day for the conference. Looks like it's up to us to salvage the league's honor down in SEC-land. But at least Rutgers is beating Temple. ;) Oh and Mighty Michigan beats up another cupcake, so there's that too.

By the way, Syracuse is pretty darn good. They easily won their first two games, to include rolling over Louisville, which has a decent team itself. I knew Purdue was going to have its hands full, and they still have a chance to pull off a W on the road. That would be a decent win if they manage it.

Another bad day for the conference. Looks like it's up to us to salvage the league's honor down in SEC-land. But at least Rutgers is beating Temple. ;) Oh and Mighty Michigan beats up another cupcake, so there's that too.

By the way, Syracuse is pretty darn good. They easily won their first two games, to include rolling over Louisville, which has a decent team itself. I knew Purdue was going to have its hands full, and they still have a chance to pull off a W on the road. That would be a decent win if they manage it.
Syracuse does not look good. Shrader is absolutely awful. Syracuse is generating pressure against a poor offensive line. I we really pretending beating UConn and Louisville (who 1-2 with their on win being 6 pts against UCF) as impressive.

Purdue isn't a good team. Syracuse isn't a good team. This is what happens when two subpar teams battle it out.

Another ridiculous no holding flag thrown as QB breaks to outside. PSU got sack anyway, but ridiculous no flag there.

Many of us had long had issues w/ Fitz's turtling ways on O (when the Cats were among the 1st programs to adopt the spread O) and knew that longtime DC, Hankwitz, was carrying the program.

Many of us also had serious issues w/ the hiring of Hankwitz's replacement - who had failed in several stops in the NFL (but he's Fitz's buddy).

As I've stated beforw, Fitz and Franklin are CEO-type coaches, where making the right hires for the co-ordinator spots is crucial.

Fitz has really missed on his last couple of hires and he's too stubborn to make needed changes any time soon.

Many of us had long had issues w/ Fitz's turtling ways on O (when the Cats were among the 1st programs to adopt the spread O) and knew that longtime DC, Hankwitz, was carrying the program.

Many of us also had serious issues w/ the hiring of Hankwitz's replacement - who had failed in several stops in the NFL (but he's Fitz's buddy).

As I've stated beforw, Fitz and Franklin are CEO-type coaches, where making the right hires for the co-ordinator spots is crucial.

Fitz has really missed on his last couple of hires and he's too stubborn to make needed changes any time soon.
But your field hockey team is the defending National champs! Also, undefeated this year.

Go Cats!

I really think Fitz should have gone to Chicago when the opportunity was available. Hopefully he makes the necessary changes. Northwestern's an easy program to root for in that underdog role.

Reactions: hlstone
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT