ADVERTISEMENT

COIN. SHORTAGE. [insert the face here]

BobPSU92

May 6, 2015
Everywhere I go these days I see signs about a COIN. SHORTAGE. o_O Standing in line at Starbucks tonight, I heard a barista tell a customer that they had no change. The customer didn’t complain. I guess Starbucks is making some extra profits these days.

So what’s going to be here? My guess is the COIN. SHORTAGE. o_O will end after the election. o_O

67865533.jpg

Reactions: wilbury
Everywhere I go these days I see signs about a COIN. SHORTAGE. o_O Standing in line at Starbucks tonight, I heard a barista tell a customer that they had no change. The customer didn’t complain. I guess Starbucks is making some extra profits these days.

So what’s going to be here? My guess is the COIN. SHORTAGE. o_O will end after the election. o_O
Every vehicle in the US has change in the ashtray That’s where it is

Society is becoming more and more cashless even without the pandemic but when you add anywhere from 3 to now six months of businesses that are normally cash oriented being restricted to online orders you're not going to have much currency at all being exchanged.

Think about going into a bar and sitting down ordering a drink there are a lot of people who pay as they go. Those same people probably spend some money in the video poker machines.

And then with less inside dining those people who normally leave tip in cash the leftover change from their bill that's not happening. You had months of parking meters not having any coins put in them in cities that still do that.

Kids going out on the weekend and going to Sheetz or Wawa and filling up and buying some food with a $20 bill hasn't been happening nearly as much either.

Last thing cuz I know from talking to people that organize town or even County Fair type things is that most people at those events still pay everything in cash so since none of those happened that's also been a problem

Took out some cash at my local ATM this past February. Still have it. Can't remember the last time I paid for anything with cash.

Society is becoming more and more cashless even without the pandemic but when you add anywhere from 3 to now six months of businesses that are normally cash oriented being restricted to online orders you're not going to have much currency at all being exchanged.

Think about going into a bar and sitting down ordering a drink there are a lot of people who pay as they go. Those same people probably spend some money in the video poker machines.

And then with less inside dining those people who normally leave tip in cash the leftover change from their bill that's not happening. You had months of parking meters not having any coins put in them in cities that still do that.

Kids going out on the weekend and going to Sheetz or Wawa and filling up and buying some food with a $20 bill hasn't been happening nearly as much either.

Last thing cuz I know from talking to people that organize town or even County Fair type things is that most people at those events still pay everything in cash so since none of those happened that's also been a problem

My kidding above aside, you’re right. Some businesses also have stopped taking cash during the pandemic.

ADVERTISEMENT