ADVERTISEMENT

Coaches show last night - news: Nolf on the mat shadow wrestling

Some nuggets from last evening, re. Nolf, paraphrased...

-- Dan Monthly is great at what he does
-- Jason is still limping, has a brace on
-- He's been on the mat, shadow wrestling
-- We're optimistic, always are
-- Re. conditioning, Jason has been on the Aerodyne bike, and in the weight room, hitting all the muscle groups they can, with the help of Coach Mike
-- Jason is pretty much in shape year-round, not a concern

Listening now. Didn't realize Pipher had certified for 141.

Best question came from a little girl named Maddy (I think) who asked whether Bo (her favorite wrestler) beats Cael in the room. Cael: "Well, it depends on who you ask..." Great exchange.

Some nuggets from last evening, re. Nolf, paraphrased...

-- Dan Monthly is great at what he does
-- Jason is still limping, has a brace on
-- He's been on the mat, shadow wrestling
-- We're optimistic, always are
-- Re. conditioning, Jason has been on the Aerodyne bike, and in the weight room, hitting all the muscle groups they can, with the help of Coach Mike
-- Jason is pretty much in shape year-round, not a concern

Most relevant information in red.

Reactions: lionlover
he was practicing.

PSU just released this pic of Nolf practicing:
zen_monk_alain_m_lafon-300x300.jpg

Spyker...if you are out there....How was Nolf's shadow doing against the shadows of Taylor, Retherford, Nickal etc?

Spyker...if you are out there....How was Nolf's shadow doing against the shadows of Taylor, Retherford, Nickal etc?
Lol Jim....Love you bro....I think Jason will win the spot after he graduates in 2 years. He will then have laser focus on Freestyle...He is just messing with it right now in the room....Zain, Nolf, and DT will have 3 of the spots....Hall, Nico, and Nick S. will be right there as well....2020 is 3 years away....

Where’s Amestate when you need him?
Talking to Willie both explaining BWI is wrong, the slush fund doesn't exist and there are no checks with Willie's name on them and also trdying to bond with Willie over how mean and insensitive posters on BWI really are.

Still 2 weeks out till B1G's, and slightly less than 4 for NCAA's...certainly not drilling or practicing anything remotely like a healthy Jason. Everyone is hopeful...did I mention there's 2 weeks to go?

Not knowing anything at all about the injury or rehab, my instinct says The Big 10s should not even be a consideration. Definitely not worth the risk/reward odds.

Just focus on doing everything possible to be as healthy as he can for Nationals in a month. That's all that matters.

Looks like 2 more weeks of the game “I know something you don’t know “. :eek:

More likely to be 25 days of that game, until NCAAs. As others have suggested, it is very doubtful that Nolf will wrestle at B1Gs. And the "optimism" of the PSU coaching staff means nothing, as their credibility regarding injury status and expected return dates is just about zilch.

Reactions: purescurve
Care to elaborate?
Strictly based off the chatter I’ve heard over the past couple weeks. Nothing specific.
But my first thought when I read aalion’s post wasn’t “must be Spyker”. Nobody is saying he’s drilling with Zain... but also that it might not be all BS either.
NCAA’s is 4 weeks away... and then the off season comes, and what do we have? We’ll be begging for a “I might know something” thread in 6 weeks.

One thing to keep in mind--it's been just less than 3 weeks since he was injured. NCAA's starts in slightly less than 4 weeks. Jason still has the majority of his recovery time still ahead of him.

Reactions: PSU22 and diggerpup
Whatever happened to that .....2125 dude? Voices in my head say “all is good”.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT