ADVERTISEMENT

Coach LaVar Arrington

My high school used to play Maranatha back when I was a student there. Very cool. I'm wondering what LaVar's connection to Maranatha Prep is. Pasadena, California is a long way from his old stomping grounds, no?

Reactions: 91Joe95
"And this, kids, is how you make a proper tackle."

dm_160724_cfb_100_lavar_arrington_jumps_over_line.jpg

My high school used to play Maranatha back when I was a student there. Very cool. I'm wondering what LaVar's connection to Maranatha Prep is. Pasadena, California is a long way from his old stomping grounds, no?

I think when he left the DC area to work for the NFL Network he ended up in LA. From there, he became the LB coach at Long Beach Poly. Natural progression after that I guess.

I think when he left the DC area to work for the NFL Network he ended up in LA. From there, he became the LB coach at Long Beach Poly. Natural progression after that I guess.
Long Beach Poly has become a big time football program. A national power that ranks with De La Salle (Concord, CA), Bishop Gorman (Las Vegas), Mater Dei (Orange County), and Bellevue (Washington) as the leading high school football programs from the West. Maranatha is FAR below the stature of those programs, but LaVar is the head coach, which is big. He is building up a good coaching resume. Would not be surprised to see him coaching college ball in a few years.

Long Beach Poly has become a big time football program. A national power that ranks with De La Salle (Concord, CA), Bishop Gorman (Las Vegas), Mater Dei (Orange County), and Bellevue (Washington) as the leading high school football programs from the West. Maranatha is FAR below the stature of those programs, but LaVar is the head coach, which is big. He is building up a good coaching resume. Would not be surprised to see him coaching college ball in a few years.
I wonder if they 'fired' the old coach? He is staying on as a teacher, and from his pic, he looks old enough to 'retire', if you from school from coaching. They choose the word 'resigned'. Maybe he will try to coach elsewhere and teach there. IDK, just curious.

Earlier this week, Steve Bogan resigned as Head Football Coach at Maranatha High School. Coach Bogan had a 27 – 17 – 1 record during his 4 years at Maranatha. During his tenure, Coach Bogan helped to continue building on the Minutemen tradition of Faith, Academics, Community and Service. The entire Maranatha school community wishes Coach Bogan well on the next stop in his coaching career. “Coach Bogan is a man of character, faith and commitment to his student-athletes and it has been a pleasure to work alongside him. We are excited about the opportunities that are present for the next football coach at Maranatha High School and will begin our search immediately”, stated Athletic Director Sammy Skinner. Bogan will continue to teach at Maranatha through the end of the semester. For those interested in applying for the Head Football coaching position, please apply online at https://www.maranathahighschool.org/page/about/employment.

Imagine the Paternoisms that those young men will hear on a daily basis...take care of the little things and the big things will take care of themselves...

It'll be interesting to see what happens. Great players are not naturally great coaches. Ted Williams was not a very good manager.

Reactions: Ranger Dan
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT