CNN Plus already circling the drain. How funny.

TN Lion

Sep 6, 2001
Charles Gasparino
@CGasparino
Breaking:

@CNNplus employees bracing for layoffs possibly as soon as May amid projections of lackluster sales of new streaming channel; CNN employees say new streaming channel could be merged into larger @discoveryplus as early as May unless subscriptions pick up 130 @FoxBusiness

It's unimaginable to me that CNN thought this could be successful.

TN Lion

Sep 6, 2001
Not great news for Chris Wallace. So sad.
Picture the CNN braintrust and Chris Wallace meeting to develop the business plan. Chris Wallace, "Just my name alone will draw at least five million subscriptions, guaranteed".

Hahahahaha

And now they have a new special, 50% off sale if subscribed for life. Less than three bucks a month.

Sullivan

Nov 24, 2001
Ouch, I was going to subscribe to Discovery Plus.

You might want to spend it on Paramount Plus instead.

MV5BMGEwMjhlMjgtMzhiYy00ZTYzLTgwYWEtNTY3NzU0NTNkNWYyXkEyXkFqcGdeQWFybm8@._V1_QL75_UX500_CR0,0,500,281_.jpg

Last edited:

kts136

Nov 21, 2013
You might want to spend it on Paramount Plus instead.

MV5BMGEwMjhlMjgtMzhiYy00ZTYzLTgwYWEtNTY3NzU0NTNkNWYyXkEyXkFqcGdeQWFybm8@._V1_QL75_UX500_CR0,0,500,281_.jpg
My wife, an avid horse rider that imagines herself a cowgirl in another life, talked me into watching this show even though I had no interest.

It started off a little slow but once it got going it’s tough to stop. We flew thru the first 3 seasons in a couple weeks. Looking forward to getting into the 4th.

Great show. Highly recommended.

Aardvark86

Jan 23, 2018
Charles Gasparino
@CGasparino
Breaking:

@CNNplus employees bracing for layoffs possibly as soon as May amid projections of lackluster sales of new streaming channel; CNN employees say new streaming channel could be merged into larger @discoveryplus as early as May unless subscriptions pick up 130 @FoxBusiness

When I first saw the announcement I was hoping they might use the platform for a return to actual news gathering. Then when I saw the first ad with jake tapper and others saying how this was where you’d be able to see them really unhinged … er, unscripted, I sorta figured this result wouldn’t be too long in coming.

Darth_VadEER

Dec 14, 2010
Charles Gasparino
@CGasparino
Breaking:

In their defense, there is a lot of creepy Democrat groomers but I guess they just didn't have any money to subscribe...

Dzapper

May 5, 2019
Not great news for Chris Wallace. So sad.
That POS couldn't stay at Fox because other hosts there were stating opinions he didn't want to be associated with? Then I guess we can infer that he's totally comfortable with all the crap CNN puts out or, more importantly, the stuff they ignore like the Hunter Biden scandals and Biden's failures on multiple fronts such as the border crisis, etc. I find Fox News Sunday to be much more watchable without CW on it.

LionDeNittany

May 29, 2001
DFW, TX
When I first saw the announcement I was hoping they might use the platform for a return to actual news gathering. Then when I saw the first ad with jake tapper and others saying how this was where you’d be able to see them really unhinged … er, unscripted, I sorta figured this result wouldn’t be too long in coming.

Somehow people like Jake Tapper and Chris Wallace think people want to watch them.

Like the OP said, I am truly shocked CNN thought this would work.

LdN

PaoliLion

Nov 2, 2003
I don't think they'd get many more people for this new station if they paid the viewers $10/mo. to watch.
Somehow people like Jake Tapper and Chris Wallace think people want to watch them.

Like the OP said, I am truly shocked CNN thought this would work.

LdN

Note: This is very bad news for Republicans. If Fox News doesn’t exist, the party will essentially implode. The future doesn’t look bright for cable news companies…

Dzapper

May 5, 2019
No one even watches their regular channel, not sure how they thought extra content on an app would be successful. Democrats are so delusional!
You would think that regular viewers (ha ha I know there aren't many) would have to ask, why are they making me pay for this "extra content" ? Are they holding back their best stuff from the free CNN? If so, why am I watching it?

CNBC does the same thing with Cramer and his "Investment Club".

Reactions: The Spin Meister

MaconNitt

Oct 18, 2016
No one even watches their regular channel, not sure how they thought extra content on an app would be successful. Democrats are so delusional!
not as delusional as you would think if they only have 10k subscribers

gjbankos

Jan 16, 2006
That POS couldn't stay at Fox because other hosts there were stating opinions he didn't want to be associated with? Then I guess we can infer that he's totally comfortable with all the crap CNN puts out or, more importantly, the stuff they ignore like the Hunter Biden scandals and Biden's failures on multiple fronts such as the border crisis, etc. I find Fox News Sunday to be much more watchable without CW on it.
Based on how Wallace moderated that POTUS debate, him going to CNN was always the logical conclusion of his career.

Obliviax

Gold Member
Aug 21, 2001
I can’t imagine somebody willing to watch these programs. News is news, who cares about the personalities and their opinions? I have to wonder who watches paid content for Fox. No way I’d pay a penny for any of these peoples drivel.

bourbon n blues

Nov 20, 2019
I can’t imagine somebody willing to watch these programs. News is news, who cares about the personalities and their opinions? I have to wonder who watches paid content for Fox. No way I’d pay a penny for any of these peoples drivel.
There are plenty of op ed stuff for free. It look at a board like this, people pay to hear about a recruit prior to a commitment. Eventually we find out where they're going , I don't need to find out hours to days early .

WPTLION

Jan 7, 2002
What CNN missed is the fact that what they want to sell is already available on every other channel. CNN, ABC, NBC, CBS, MSNBC, NPR, the list can go on. The content is already free.

Obliviax

Gold Member
Aug 21, 2001
What CNN missed is the fact that what they want to sell is already available on every other channel. CNN, ABC, NBC, CBS, MSNBC, NPR, the list can go on. The content is already free.
Agreed. I think they felt they had personalities that people wanted to watch, though. I really don’t give a hoot who gives me the news or what their opinion is I don’t believe or trust any of them. It was all about hubris and it’s gonna cost him millions and millions of dollars

Darth_VadEER

Dec 14, 2010
Reactions: The Spin Meister

Latest posts