ADVERTISEMENT

CNN Headline on Paterno

True, not much of a topnotch reporter though if she just found this document after 7 years of being on the case. Or is this just additional fantasies from MM.

It's just distraction she's been saving, so people don't find out about her super 70s source's alleged history of abuse.

You know what? I am so sick of Sara Ganim. She won a Pulitzer covering this story, enabling her to land a job at CNN. But what does she do there??? I watch CNN a lot and you never see her on TV except occasionally on weekends doing some fluff piece. That's a Pulitzer winner??

She's still 20-something, has a Pulitzer, and does basically nothing on CNN. That's not impressive.

I've been watching CNN a lot the last few days for the hurricane coverage. They have reporters out all over the place doing stories, but I don't see Sara Ganim. Oh, she's too busy writing about Joe Paterno. Really???

I'm beginning to think she has an agenda. Yeah.

So this is all you've got, Sara, as a journalist? Sad.

All you have to read to know her intent is her misquote: "I wish I had done more" that she attributed to Joe.

That jumped out to me as well. She at least had to add an ellipse before the I wish I had done more part. Otherwise it's like someone saying "I can't believe you think I killed my wife" and someone quoting them as saying "I killed my wife"

Let's drown this out. The past is over and we are looking forward. If Joe Pa Or anyone else at Penn State had a part in enabling a child predator that will come out in due process. This piece by CNN gives nothing in the way of reliable new information.

But, this is a football website and it is Saturday.

WE ARE!!!

Photo%20of%20year%2017.jpg

WE ARE!!!

Sarah's career must be in desperation mode. Article is a big nothing. Talk about milking the dead guy. Geez. Not sure what to believe out of Mike's mouth, if this is even reported accurately. Even if it is, so Joe told Mike their was a previous complaint about JS (1998).

What police report in 2001? The police New about this and did nothing?

Just more confusion in an already confusing mess. No one in the media will ask so I will. Why is this just coming out now? 6 years later, why now? And the report was written in 2011, 10 years after the incident. McQueary is supposed to remember a conversation from 10 years earlier. Is that realistic? And why did Frank Fina say on national television that there was no evidence that Paterno was involved in a cover-up? Because if this is true, then there would be at least SOME evidence, right? You could say this was a pattern with Paterno. But Fina said no evidence. And it wasn't because they were trying to keep the focus off Paterno and Penn State like the source in the article claimed. When Fina made his comment, the trial was long over and Sandusky was in prison. What reason would he have to say there was no evidence if indeed there was a police report which included a statement from the only eye witness that Paterno had told him about an earlier incident with Sandusky?

I don't know why no one in the media will ask these questions. It's certainly not that way in the political arena, there is always someone willing to challenge something written by a reporter. But not her. Ganim can say anything she wants. Paterno is dead so he can't defend himself. We're viewed as a bunch of nuts who won't admit the truth about Paterno. And the rest of the media is silent.

Just more confusion in an already confusing mess. No one in the media will ask so I will. Why is this just coming out now? 6 years later, why now? And the report was written in 2011, 10 years after the incident. McQueary is supposed to remember a conversation from 10 years earlier. Is that realistic? And why did Frank Fina say on national television that there was no evidence that Paterno was involved in a cover-up? Because if this is true, then there would be at least SOME evidence, right? You could say this was a pattern with Paterno. But Fina said no evidence. And it wasn't because they were trying to keep the focus off Paterno and Penn State like the source in the article claimed. When Fina made his comment, the trial was long over and Sandusky was in prison. What reason would he have to say there was no evidence if indeed there was a police report which included a statement from the only eye witness that Paterno had told him about an earlier incident with Sandusky?

I don't know why no one in the media will ask these questions. It's certainly not that way in the political arena, there is always someone willing to challenge something written by a reporter. But not her. Ganim can say anything she wants. Paterno is dead so he can't defend himself. We're viewed as a bunch of nuts who won't admit the truth about Paterno. And the rest of the media is silent.

Another question nobody ever asks - who is Ganim's source and why are they leaking things to her six years later, and in the same week that PSU finally sued TSM?

Ganim has had literally no stories other than PSU ones, unless you count standing in snowstorms in Philadelphia. At some point you just have to wonder what is going on there

Another question nobody ever asks - who is Ganim's source and why are they leaking things to her six years later, and in the same week that PSU finally sued TSM?

Yes, the timing is very weird. Again, why 6 years later? And what happened that all of a sudden brought this to light?

If this is true, then Mike was aware of two incidents and still didn't feel the need to talk to police until he was outed by an anonymous email in 2010?
Maybe Sarah should scrutinize Mike's behavior in walking out on JS and the boy, despite believing that he was being violently abused. Based on the police reports that Sarah knows so well, Mike said he was certain JS was sodomizing the boy and just walked out and did nothing to stop it.

Sorry, police report was from 2011. Why would the grand jury not have had that testimony if the state police had it. I swear I hate the media.

Reactions: Willie Lump

Ganim has had literally no stories other than PSU ones, unless you count standing in snowstorms in Philadelphia. At some point you just have to wonder what is going on there
Consider her employer. CNN has terrible ratings and is a small step above TMZ. Click bait. Click bait. Click bait.

Reactions: Royal_Coaster
Yes, the timing is very weird. Again, why 6 years later? And what happened that all of a sudden brought this to light?
From day one, why so much effort to spin everything onto PSU and away from TSM? I'm sorry but this is just too much of a coincidence Penn State initiated a lawsuit against TSM five days ago. If this story was credible where was it before today? sorry, it is just getting way too obvious. Someone does not want any attention at all on TSM and the media is being negligent in never asking what the hell is up with that.

I mean ......... it's old news. Joe knew about 1998 in 2001.

The "Paterno Loyalists" and deniers may not like that, but it is what it is.

Interesting that Esbach knew that Mike stated this, yet didn't press Joe on it in the GJ. Regardless of any truth or falsity...that seems like she failed at her job.

This is some form of revenge hit piece pure and simple. Maybe for people making fun of her laughable Bernie McCue source yesterday.

When she used Joe's "I should have done more" quote out of context, fully knowing that she did, that gave it away right there. But then doubling down from a joke source like Bernie to a guy that is still too stupid to realize that that sexting pictures of his private parts to women will remain in cyberspace forever, it makes you really wonder who she is in bed with now.

No question. She is either being paid off, or is really pi$$ed at somebody. Sounds like an ugly, high maintainance X-wife talking about her husband after he left her for a real woman.

If this is true, then Mike was aware of two incidents and still didn't feel the need to talk to police until he was outed by an anonymous email in 2010?
Maybe Sarah should scrutinize Mike's behavior in walking out on JS and the boy, despite believing that he was being violently abused. Based on the police reports that Sarah knows so well, Mike said he was certain JS was sodomizing the boy and just walked out and did nothing to stop it.
Now, now. The Nittany Lyin' POS did do something. He slammed the locker door. What more could we have expected from him?

Yes, it is old news based on Curley's testimony. Means nothing now, like it meant nothing then. Yet. Sarah is trying to milk this even more. Interesting timing, eh?

Sure --- I get what Ganim's doing. It's not like she just discovered this --- she's had this story for a long time and released it today for a reason.

But big picture, this story doesn't mean much. The self-righteous virtue signaling "F*** Penn State" crowd gets a couple days of giggles, and then it'll pass.

Interesting that Esbach knew that Mike stated this, yet didn't press Joe on it in the GJ. Regardless of any truth or falsity...that seems like she failed at her job.

She didn't press Joe because McQueary never mentioned this in his initial police report. McQueary, the sextexter, supposedly came up with this new fact when he told it to a state trooper on November 23, 2011, two weeks after Curly, Schultz, and Sandusky were arrested.

Reactions: Royal_Coaster
I mean ......... it's old news. Joe knew about 1998 in 2001.

The "Paterno Loyalists" and deniers may not like that, but it is what it is.
He's nothing to do with being a loyalist to anyone. If the same evidence against joe was levelled against you.i would be a michnitlion loyalist.
We are about this for football narrative crap. Why, because jerry was a coach. Still not a shred of evidence anything was done for football. But if you disagree with the narrative you're called a pedo lover by the haters.
I don't think joe covered up. If I did I'd have no problem saying it.

This BS was obviously timed to attempt a distraction from the game. Even though JF probably has the team sequestered, who wants to take a bet that some media goot doesn't mention this on air, or asks JF or a player about it during the game?

Ganim is a worthless pile of human shit.

Reactions: PSUPride1
She didn't press Joe because McQueary never mentioned this in his initial police report. McQueary, the sextexter, supposedly came up with this new fact when he told it to a state trooper on November 23, 2011, two weeks after Curly, Schultz, and Sandusky were arrested.

Mike gave that statement in November 2010.

This BS was obviously timed to attempt a distraction from the game. Even though JF probably has the team sequestered, who wants to take a bet that some media goot doesn't mention this on air, or asks JF or a player about it during the game?

Doubt this has anything to do with the game today

This is an unforced error by the person or persons who feed the info to Ganim. It was likely a quid pro quo that it be released today, of all days.

Which, I think, gives us a clue as to who and what is behind the thing.

People keep forgetting that politicians in both parties campaigned on the platform that PSU would play Pitt every year. Every year. The beatings will continue until we do. If I am PSU, I unilaterally cancel the rest of the series as of today, just on the chance that I am right about this. On the other hand, the Pitt politicos may be trying to set up a scenario where Pitt can run away from the series as "heroes."

Reactions: denniskembala
Mike gave that statement in November 2010.

The article says the report was written after Sandusky's arrest. Are you claiming that Mike made the statement in November 2010 but it wasn't written down into a police report for a full year later? If so, that actually would be consistent with how bizarre this whole thing has been.

ADVERTISEMENT