ADVERTISEMENT

Clifford

Why wouldnt he come back? I never saw Clifford as an NFL prospect. A extra year would help more than hurt. Plus the NIL edge. Im guessing he wants to stay.

Why do you all keep asking this question?

He isn't coming back next year. What would he accomplish by doing so?
He continues pursuing his education — for free — and is presumably one year better and wiser with a team chasing conference and national titles. Honestly, if he’s not destined to be drafted, why wouldn’t he come back?

He continues pursuing his education — for free — and is presumably one year better and wiser with a team chasing conference and national titles. Honestly, if he’s not destined to be drafted, why wouldn’t he come back?
Because he is destined to be drafted...

So, needy you guys are.

Yep! He has another year of eligibility. With our QB situation, if Clifford wants to play he will be welcomed with open arms. If he doesn’t return Franklin will be using the portal for next years QB. Good chance Spencer Rattler does another year in college. With our OC we could attract some darn good kids. There’s going to be some interesting QBs transferring next year. Only issue with Clifford is age. If he wants to play in the NFL he’s gotta go this year.

Yep! He has another year of eligibility. With our QB situation, if Clifford wants to play he will be welcomed with open arms. If he doesn’t return Franklin will be using the portal for next years QB. Good chance Spencer Rattler does another year in college. With our OC we could attract some darn good kids. There’s going to be some interesting QBs transferring next year. Only issue with Clifford is age. If he wants to play in the NFL he’s gotta go this year.
Or maybe he won’t be using the portal next year.

If Clifford doesn’t return next season, the QB room could feature Roberson, Veilleux, Allar and Pribula. No experience there, sure, but we saw Hackenberg light it up as a true freshman … Bama, OU and tOSU have all had success with freshman QBs … I can see us going ahead without a transfer.

Reactions: 81b&w
Says who? Please, prove me wrong and show me a legit website or expert that has him being a top-10 QB in next year’s draft.
Remember when all the BWI CAC members here said Oweh needed another year? Let's stop pretending we have a clue about evaluating football talent. To say nothing about how this board was almost universal in it's criticism of Clifford before the year started. lol

If Clifford doesn’t return next season, the QB room could feature Roberson, Veilleux, Allar and Pribula. No experience there, sure, but we saw Hackenberg light it up as a true freshman … Bama, OU and tOSU have all had success with freshman QBs … I can see us going ahead without a transfer.
Here's the thing....if a freshman starts....what makes you think Roberson and CV will stay?

Reactions: step.eng69
Here's the thing....if a freshman starts....what makes you think Roberson and CV will stay?
I am not sure about CV.. but Roberson may play another position.

What makes you think Allar and Pribula won't decommit.

Keep speculating. I'll keep waiting for real things to happen.

Gee..wasn't Iowa #2 last week....lol

I am not sure about CV.. but Roberson may play another position.

What makes you think Allar and Pribula won't decommit.

Keep speculating. I'll keep waiting for real things to happen.

Gee..wasn't Iowa #2 last week....lol
I've speculated for some time that Pribula might go elsewhere. Roberson isn't going to play another position. That's not how these players are wired today. That's like saying WL should have stayed and played TE/H back.
The rules have changed and this generation realizes that they only go around once....they aren't here to make the BWI CAC happy.

When asked pretty sure Franklin did not rule out a 6th year for Clifford. Will see I guess.

When asked pretty sure Franklin did not rule out a 6th year for Clifford. Will see I guess.
Best not to rule anything out. Having an experienced veteran at the controls while the staff sorts out the battle between Allar and Pribula, IMO would be a luxury.

Reactions: step.eng69
Exactly we're all nothing out but don't make up a bunch of silly s number of bags of popcorn people ate and farted out. Time will answer all your questions.

Playing with his brother?
Perhaps, remember Troy Reeder, PSU starter transferred to Delaware to play with his brother and now starts for the LA Rams. Besides, if Clifford doesn't play college ball next year (whether at PSU or elsewhere) the only place he probably makes a team is canada or europe.

Perhaps, remember Troy Reeder, PSU starter transferred to Delaware to play with his brother and now starts for the LA Rams. Besides, if Clifford doesn't play college ball next year (whether at PSU or elsewhere) the only place he probably makes a team is canada or europe.
if he were to return, he would not be in the same place as the guaranteed starter. he would know that he would be replaced if not on day 1, pretty soon afterward. a 6 year QB who is not going to the NFL is actually not helping the situation.

ADVERTISEMENT