ADVERTISEMENT

Clifford ranks #4 of 14 Big Ten QBs

The Lions Den has a thread where he is listed all the way back at 88th out of 130. That's another thread currently on the lions den pay board. Not the thread I started, a separate thread. Started by someone else.

I really believe that Sean Clifford will be the next Kerry Collins to leave our campus.
Well, I certainly hope so. This is a young man who has done nothing to deserve the negative things said about him. All he has done is give his best to PSU for 4 years and kept his nose clean. I'm always curious about those individuals who claim to be a fan of a college program and then make it their passion to denigrate particular players and the coaching staff of the team they profess to "root" for.

I think by season's end, Clifford is closer to top 4 in the BIG than he is #88 or whatever in all of college football.

2020 was a disaster season. Blame it on COVID, blame it on PSU's handling of COVID, blame it on Franklin. I know, everybody dealt with it. Our football team did not deal with it well. Couple that with the early key losses and you have 2020. Keeping a glass half full mindset, 2021 will show a huge improvement.

I think by season's end, Clifford is closer to top 4 in the BIG than he is #88 or whatever in all of college football.

2020 was a disaster season. Blame it on COVID, blame it on PSU's handling of COVID, blame it on Franklin. I know, everybody dealt with it. Our football team did not deal with it well. Couple that with the early key losses and you have 2020. Keeping a glass half full mindset, 2021 will show a huge improvement.
Problems at RB, problems at WR early in the season. Friermuth lost to injury. Another new OC with a system that never really clicked.
I get tired of saying this, but I do not want to see Sean as our featured runner again.

Million dollar question we are all waiting to see answered. MY needs to be released to have full command of play calling so we can determine if he can help this offense excel.
If the offense is successful, all here will attribute it to MY. When it falters the buzz here will be that Franklin is interfering. LOL
Yurich could work many places. I doubt he'd have come here if he was concerned that CJF wouldn't let him have a lot of slack.
Perhaps the fanboy nation should decide what it is they want from CJF.....all I heard was how he looked detached on the sidelines last season.
So we don't want him involved and we don't want him looking uninvolved. Should he dress as a cheerleader? Fanboys....gotta love em.

"Still, the six-foot, 217-pound Clifford...."

Sean is 6'0 now? HS and current PSU roster lists him at 6'2. Just makes me wonder how much the writer has his facts squared away.

And yeah, I do think those 2 inches can be meaningful. Of course, considering the number of batted down passes he's thrown, maybe he really is 6' even.

Our team dealt well with COVID. It didn’t deal well with still getting the best possible performance on the field, WHILE dealing with COVID.

Million dollar question we are all waiting to see answered. MY needs to be released to have full command of play calling so we can determine if he can help this offense excel.

Got to believe it is Mike especially after he got screwed with the play calling at Texas. I don't think he would have gone anywhere if he wasn't in complete charge of the offense. He learned his lesson.

I don't think MY would even be here if he wasn't going to call the plays. I think the math is pretty simple for him. Turn the offense around and then become a HC somewhere. He wasn't going to take a position where he couldn't do his job.

Reactions: Bertway0
I really believe that Sean Clifford will be the next Kerry Collins to leave our campus.
Step that's a hard one to buy. The kid doesn't have bad luck, but lacks inability to see the playing field. You can only coach them up so much. I hope I am wrong and we will soon know.

Reactions: step.eng69

yep - I think we will see Sean closer to 2019 season. 2020 was a one off disasters and SC tried to make up for it all by himself. in spite of all this, even last year we outgained the opponents by over 100 ypg and also more FDs. much different story this year - RB room is powerful, WRs are stable and TE is in place. OL is very strong. add this to one of the best OCs in the country = will surprise all. easily a 10-2 team with normal schedule.

Reactions: marshall23
Problems at RB, problems at WR early in the season. Friermuth lost to injury. Another new OC with a system that never really clicked.
I get tired of saying this, but I do not want to see Sean as our featured runner again.

The ultimate run-pass option. Clifford can run or pass. Empty backfield on every down.

yep - I think we will see Sean closer to 2019 season. 2020 was a one off disasters and SC tried to make up for it all by himself. in spite of all this, even last year we outgained the opponents by over 100 ypg and also more FDs. much different story this year - RB room is powerful, WRs are stable and TE is in place. OL is very strong. add this to one of the best OCs in the country = will surprise all. easily a 10-2 team with normal schedule.
In baseball even future Hall of Fame players have gone through hitting slumps that drain their confidence and make them appear for stretches like they may never get a hit again.
I think Clifford tried to be the answer for all the injuries etc. and forced himself into mistakes. He then lost his confidence and when you are playing poorly, especially at QB, its hard to assume the role of leader.
I would be pleasantly surprised if he sets the world on fire, however, I do expect a return to something along the lines or 2019 or a bit better.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT