ADVERTISEMENT

Cleveland Tickets

TheKaker

Gold Member
Jul 3, 2001
Just picked up tickets. (Being mailed UPS today) Section 206 Row 5, upper deck. Have 1500 NLC points, wonder how many it took to get better seats.

Reactions: eet5017
Upper deck tickets are usually fine for these events.. gives you a better view of all the mats in use than some of the lower level end zone seats...

Reactions: JimNazium
Just picked up tickets. (Being mailed UPS today) Section 206 Row 5, upper deck. Have 1500 NLC points, wonder how many it took to get better seats.
Per letter dated 1/18/18 from PSU Athletic Ticketing Services, "in the event that you are allocated seats in the upper level, your credit card will be refunded the difference". Any idea how much this amounts to per ticket?

Per letter dated 1/18/18 from PSU Athletic Ticketing Services, "in the event that you are allocated seats in the upper level, your credit card will be refunded the difference". Any idea how much this amounts to per ticket?
I got upper level tickets from a Western school yesterday for $220 - face value in the same general area across the arena. I don't know what you were initially charged with your application but you can do the math.

I got upper level tickets from a Western school yesterday for $220 - face value in the same general area across the arena. I don't know what you were initially charged with your application but you can do the math.
I got 4 lower section 106 for $258.00 each

Are you randomly calling other school ADs for leads ? Any hints ?

I wasn't able to get tickets through PSU, but, I got tickets from NC State in Section 209, Row 12. These are pretty close to dead center, but, I've got a slight fear of heights and have read the upper levels are very steep in this arena. If anyone has two lowers (even in the end-zones or corners) and is interesting in arranging a trade, please send me a message or e-mail me at mvattivo@gmail.com

Are you randomly calling other school ADs for leads ? Any hints ?
I called some ticket office numbers, e-mailed several other ticket offices. A few ticket offices directed me to someone in the wrestling department. Not much out there as of the last week or so. The one's I got yesterday had just been returned the day before because one person didn't need as many as he initially thought. My guess is that may happen at a few other schools as well.

I had a ticket to Oklahoma City in 2014, bought online the day the 2013 tourney started. I noticed numerous people selling tickets near the arena and outside the doors just before session one started. If I didn't find those tickets yesterday -that was my plan for Cleveland. Drive up and take a chance.

Good luck!

Reactions: diggerpup
Got a refund of $40 per ticket already on my CC. (255 vs 215)

Reactions: hlstone
Depends who you know in my opinion...but people with 1500 plus in upper deck

I got 7th row of sec 106. I'm a little concerned about the vantage point from that close to the mats in the corner.

I’m in section 225. Center of the arena. If you’re interested in an exchange, PM me.

Reactions: d-1980
I'm about to cancel a hotel reservation at the Marriott Courtyard Independence OH- just in case anyone is desperate for a room.

Has anyone gotten tickets out in front of the arena on Friday or Saturday at NCAA's? Is so, can I get a range of costs? Not sure if I wanna bite the bullet on the online market. Thanks.

I spoke to someone at the Iowa match that said tickets are normally available for Nationals at the arena. He has gone to the event a number of times. Didn't get into prices.

I spoke to someone at the Iowa match that said tickets are normally available for Nationals at the arena. He has gone to the event a number of times. Didn't get into prices.

Been to the last 5 and yes... there have always been A LOT of tickets available out side and usually at close to face value up until finals night.. My only concern this year is there is so much demand that people are already going out and getting tickets from any source they can and this may eat into the scalped numbers..

I've been every year since 2002 and there are always tickets available from scalpers, but I have never checked to see how much they were asking. I plan to do so next year as tickets for Cleveland have been tough to get for PSU fans and I expect Pittsburgh will be even worse.

I think there are maybe a few possible reasons supply suddenly seems to be outweighed by demand.

(1) Wrestling is becoming more popular. Maybe, but such a trajectory would be smooth, not sharp, I'd think.

(2) PSU received fewer tickets and because we mostly interact with other PSU fans we only perceive a decreased supply vs demand. We're inside a small-sample-size bubble. Are Iowa fans having the same trouble?

(3) Because tOSU is expected to challenge for the team title, there's increased demand in Ohio and thus less general availability. I think this might have something to do with it.

I think there are maybe a few possible reasons supply suddenly seems to be outweighed by demand.

(1) Wrestling is becoming more popular. Maybe, but such a trajectory would be smooth, not sharp, I'd think.

(2) PSU received fewer tickets and because we mostly interact with other PSU fans we only perceive a decreased supply vs demand. We're inside a small-sample-size bubble. Are Iowa fans having the same trouble?

(3) Because tOSU is expected to challenge for the team title, there's increased demand in Ohio and thus less general availability. I think this might have something to do with it.

Wait, is Tan Tom behind a plot to send PSU fans fewer tickets? Not how we would have handled it :)

I am hoping to get out there and stay with a cousin who does research at the Cleveland Clinic. Gotta get there. He already has 4 tickets. He is an alum from PSU.

Proximity is #1 (Cleveland is close), as far as the demand from PSU fans. #2, among our fans is the excitement surrounding this team the year after winning 5 individual championships, with all of those wrestlers back. We saw it 2 years ago in NYC, but not this extreme.

As far as ticket availability from other sources than PSU's allotment, the Buckeye fans, with the excitement with their team, and the closeness of Cleveland, are sucking up lots of tickets.

Reactions: tikk10
Always scalpers selling tickets every year no matter the location even the year it was in Iowa.Also what always happens is people leave once their wrestler is eliminated and they sell the tickets to scalpers. Always seats for semis and plenty for finals people sell those and watch it on TV

Work has cleared for me so I'm going to go if I can get some good tickets. After witnessing all sessions live last year, I would think that will be hard to top! A_mshaffer@verizon.net if anyone cares to sell. Pointing dogs may hook me up. Would love to take my son...

Always scalpers selling tickets every year no matter the location even the year it was in Iowa.Also what always happens is people leave once their wrestler is eliminated and they sell the tickets to scalpers. Always seats for semis and plenty for finals people sell those and watch it on TV
You may be right, but this year has a different feel to it early. Cleveland's proximity to the two best programs this year is causing the dynamics to be a bit different from my view on the ticket situation. Whether that means fewer available at the arena (scalping), or higher prices, whatever, we'll see.

With all of this scrambling for tickets, I think whoever keeps their head high during the scramble will win the tickets!
It will help if they bring their hips to the party!

Last edited:
I'm about to cancel a hotel reservation at the Marriott Courtyard Independence OH- just in case anyone is desperate for a room.
ECDCR - did you cancel this reservation yet? thought I could use...

I am interested in getting tickets for next year in Pittsburgh.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Do I have to go through a school/AD to get tickets? Or can I just buy them from ticketmaster (or some equivalent)?

I am interested in getting tickets for next year in Pittsburgh.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Do I have to go through a school/AD to get tickets? Or can I just buy them from ticketmaster (or some equivalent)?
Your school affiliation, Athletic Department (Ticket Office)
Other schools Athletic Departments (Ticket Offices)
NCAA sale
NWCA
StubHub, Ticket Master, and the like
NCAA Ticket Exchange
Scalpers
And more...

Your school affiliation, Athletic Department (Ticket Office)
Other schools Athletic Departments (Ticket Offices)
NCAA sale
NWCA
StubHub, Ticket Master, and the like
NCAA Ticket Exchange
Scalpers
And more...
Back in March of 2013, just as the first matches were about to start in the tournament on that Thursday, I went online with the NCAA and bought a ticket for the 2014 Tourney. It was upper deck, in the nose bleed section, and I don't know that they make a lot of tickets available but I was able to get my first ticket to an NCAA Wrestling Championship.

One of my better decisions at the time! I even happened to walk through the lobby where the Minnesota fans were staying and saw the poster Saturday afternoon for "2014 Minnesota Gophers NCAA Wrestling Champions" t-shirts. It was a day I will never forget as both Nelson and Ness lost while Ruth and Taylor won!

Last edited:
Just following up to see if anyone has any suggestions. Looking on Ticket Exchange sites and it looks as though $50 for an upper deck ticket for Thursday Night. Thinking we might pull the trigger on those then see what the scalping situation is on Friday and Saturday, unless someone has any suggestions for schools to contact.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT