ADVERTISEMENT

Clemson holds onto starters

"Wow. With Turner (6'1/205) announcing that he will return for another run, the Tigers will return all 11 starters on the defensive side of the football. The redshirt senior etc,etc". I just don't see how they do it. Any ideas?
😉
They pay their players to stay, just like we did with Pat Friermuth, Jaquan Brisker, TCF, Jahan Dotson, etc

"Wow. With Turner (6'1/205) announcing that he will return for another run, the Tigers will return all 11 starters on the defensive side of the football. The redshirt senior etc,etc". I just don't see how they do it. Any ideas?
😉

Gimme that old time religion

😉
Another shot at a national championship. It’s not that hard to tolerate plush facilities and hot girls for another year when you are guaranteed another playoff appearance

😉
Immature players. Dabo must absolutely preach this to their players and they are gullible enough to believe it. The opposite of programs like PSU, where players who could really use an extra year to improve their draft stock instead lead and get taken in the 4th round.

What would Saquon have done if he stayed an extra year?

I don’t see it with him. Not sure what it is. Tough to gauge a QB when they never face pressure.
It seems he doesn't really have that 6th sense to feel the pressure and starts looking around not down the field.

They have a shot at it.
2021 Clemson Football Schedule
Date OpponentTime/TVTickets
Saturday
Sep. 4
vs Georgia BulldogsBank of America Stadium, Charlotte, NCTime TBA ETTV TBA
Saturday
Sep. 11
SC State BulldogsMemorial Stadium, Clemson, SCTime TBA ETTV TBA
Saturday
Nov. 13
UConn HuskiesMemorial Stadium, Clemson, SCTime TBA ETTV TBA
Saturday
Nov. 27
at South Carolina GamecocksWilliams-Brice Stadium, Columbia, SCTime TBA ETTV TBA
Date TBABoston College EaglesMemorial Stadium, Clemson, SCTime TBA ETTV TBA
Date TBAFlorida State SeminolesMemorial Stadium, Clemson, SCTime TBA ETTV TBA
Date TBAGeorgia Tech Yellow JacketsMemorial Stadium, Clemson, SCTime TBA ETTV TBA
Date TBAWake Forest Demon DeaconsMemorial Stadium, Clemson, SCTime TBA ETTV TBA
Date TBAat Louisville CardinalsCardinal Stadium, Louisville, KYTime TBA ETTV TBA
Date TBAat NC State WolfpackCarter-Finley Stadium, Raleigh, NCTime TBA ETTV TBA
Date TBAat Pitt PanthersHeinz Field, Pittsburgh, PATime TBA ETTV TBA
Date TBAat Syracuse OrangeCarrier Dome, Syracuse, NY

Reactions: TheGLOV
😉

No being a clown, but how high was Turner on NFL draft boards? Their defense actually was pretty average this year as a whole.

Reactions: TheGLOV
They have a shot at it.
2021 Clemson Football Schedule
DateOpponentTime/TVTickets
Saturday
Sep. 4
vs Georgia BulldogsBank of America Stadium, Charlotte, NCTime TBA ETTV TBA
Saturday
Sep. 11
SC State BulldogsMemorial Stadium, Clemson, SCTime TBA ETTV TBA
Saturday
Nov. 13
UConn HuskiesMemorial Stadium, Clemson, SCTime TBA ETTV TBA
Saturday
Nov. 27
at South Carolina GamecocksWilliams-Brice Stadium, Columbia, SCTime TBA ETTV TBA
Date TBABoston College EaglesMemorial Stadium, Clemson, SCTime TBA ETTV TBA
Date TBAFlorida State SeminolesMemorial Stadium, Clemson, SCTime TBA ETTV TBA
Date TBAGeorgia Tech Yellow JacketsMemorial Stadium, Clemson, SCTime TBA ETTV TBA
Date TBAWake Forest Demon DeaconsMemorial Stadium, Clemson, SCTime TBA ETTV TBA
Date TBAat Louisville CardinalsCardinal Stadium, Louisville, KYTime TBA ETTV TBA
Date TBAat NC State WolfpackCarter-Finley Stadium, Raleigh, NCTime TBA ETTV TBA
Date TBAat Pitt PanthersHeinz Field, Pittsburgh, PATime TBA ETTV TBA
Date TBAat Syracuse OrangeCarrier Dome, Syracuse, NY
Holy cupcakes Batman!!

OKay, okay...with the exception of the opener

Only 2 Senior starters on D, neither of those two were going in the first 4 rounds of the draft.
You know you don't have to be a Senior to go to the NFL draft. Can you assess the draft chances of the other 9 Starters on the Clemson D? please. Penn State is losing several non-Seniors to the draft this year. If not, that's fine.

Ourlads shows 2 Freshman starters 5 Sophomore starters and 2 Junior starters along with 2- 5 year Seniors. 7 starters that cannot even enter the Draft. That schedule is really weak.

Reactions: eidolon21
Actually, his statement is almost definitely true. It is highly unlikely, virtually impossible, that Barkley would have had a higher draft position had he stayed one more year --- he made the correct decision.
and RBs don't get paid for long. He needs to get to that second contract as early as possible. Let's hope he gets healthy.

The QB from BYU is in that discussion as well from what the talking heads are saying. Feilds didn't help his draft stock much at the end of the season.
I dunno, I thought he didn't totally suck against Clemson ;-)

If they can win week one they have a cakewalk until the playoffs. Even if the lose week one they will reach the playoffs after winning their conference.
The Clemson schedules - year after year - are getting to be a joke. MAYBE one challenging game inside the ACC and off to the playoffs where anything can happen in a short 2 game series. I'm starting to hate them even more than OSU and that's not easy for a lifelong Michigan fan to admit

The Clemson schedules - year after year - are getting to be a joke. MAYBE one challenging game inside the ACC and off to the playoffs where anything can happen in a short 2 game series. I'm starting to hate them even more than OSU and that's not easy for a lifelong Michigan fan to admit
Doesn't make much sense to hate Clemson because the other teams in the conference are weak. They at least have 2 P5 teams for their OOC and one of those is a pretty heavy hitter.

It isn't Clemson's fault that the ACC has been down lately.

Doesn't make much sense to hate Clemson because the other teams in the conference are weak. They at least have 2 P5 teams for their OOC and one of those is a pretty heavy hitter.

It’s not their fault. But it is the committee’s fault if they don’t acknowledge it. If they should lose to Oregon early next year, then roll through the rest of that schedule they’re going to be in. No doubt about it. But should they really be, when there isn’t another real test on their schedule?
I don’t know, the whole college football championship system is absurd.

Reactions: LionJim
It’s not their fault. But it is the committee’s fault if they don’t acknowledge it. If they should lose to Oregon early next year, then roll through the rest of that schedule they’re going to be in. No doubt about it. But should they really be, when there isn’t another real test on their schedule?
I don’t know, the whole college football championship system is absurd.
I didn't see Oregon on that schedule. Georgia was the heavy that I was referring to.

I didn't see Oregon on that schedule. Georgia was the heavy that I was referring to.
Yes, my mistake. Georgia. I was actually on hold with a school from Oregon. I can’t multitask. Honestly, I’m not great at unitasking.

Not saying it is just that Clemson has a far easier path to the playoffs It's a lot tougher to go through the SEC and even the B1G. And let's be honest, the 1st thing the committee looks at is the number of losses when selecting a team for the playoffs. PSU fans should know this first hand when they were left out of the 2016 playoffs mainly due to the 2 losses. Many PSU fans complain about OSU (1 loss) getting in but in reality the fight for that 4th playoff spot came down to 1-loss Washington and PSU. I still believe that PSU was far better than Washington that year but the B1G was a meat grinder that year - something that Clemson never has to worry about in the ACC

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT