ADVERTISEMENT

Clarion Open and Other News...

RoarLions1

May 11, 2012
-- Handful of PSU guys going to the Clarion Open this weekend (Nov. 3), likely 5 or more.
-- Aaron Brooks wrestles at the Wyoming Cowboy Open on Saturday, Nov. 3.
-- Daktronics Open, held Sunday, Nov. 4 has some possible match-ups that are intriguing.
-- All three are being streamed by Flo.

-- Word is that several guys are going, the following weekend, to the Bearcat Open (Sun., Nov. 11)

giphy.gif

Registered so far:

125 Justin Lopez
125 Jon Consorti
141 Scott Obenderfer
157 Brian Friery
184 Austin Hoopes
285 Alex Nicholas

Seth Nevills registered for Clarion

Demetrius Thomas (Pitt) and Andrew Dunn (Kutztown/formerly VT) the most notable registered wrestlers at 285

Last edited:
This is just your annual reminder, because it blows my mind every time I see "Brian Friery 157". Brian wrestled 113 in the 2015-16 post-season. And, was listed at 157 LAST year.

Seth Nevills registered for Clarion

Demetrius Thomas (Pitt) and Andrew Dunn (Kutztown/formerly VT) the most notable registered wrestlers at 285
Ha...when I saw this it threw me. Seth is registered "NOT ON A ROSTER" for the Clarion Open. Knew what LP is saying...just want others to know he's not registered for Clarion University :) (smiley is for you LP!).

Reactions: LemonPie
Am I the only one who finds flo arena's website obtuse?
At least I can find my way around the Track site, even tho that could probably be better. But with Flo, I think only the web designer knows how to navigate it.
Over the years, the more I used it, the better I got.

This is just your annual reminder, because it blows my mind every time I see "Brian Friery 157". Brian wrestled 113 in the 2015-16 post-season. And, was listed at 157 LAST year.

Ive heard of “freshman 15”, maybe Brian thought is was “ freshman 50”??

At least I can find my way around the Track site, even tho that could probably be better. But with Flo, I think only the web designer knows how to navigate it.

I just find it confusing, poorly organized and frustrating. :p

Without question, the worst jumbled mess of a website I’ve ever used, sports related or otherwise. You should never have to “remember how to get there” for everything you want to do. Nothing “flos”.

Reactions: dbldoofus
-- Handful of PSU guys going to the Clarion Open this weekend (Nov. 3), likely 5 or more.
-- Aaron Brooks wrestles at the Wyoming Cowboy Open on Saturday, Nov. 3.
-- Daktronics Open, held Sunday, Nov. 4 has some possible match-ups that are intriguing.
-- All three are being streamed by Flo.

-- Word is that several guys are going, the following weekend, to the Bearcat Open (Sun., Nov. 11)

I'm so glad to hear this...Binghamton is very close to me, so it's a great chance to get an early look at the guys. I'll be taking an aspiring middle school wrestler who is a big fan of some PSU guys, so He'll be thrilled, too!

Opening round match-ups:

Lopez v. Moosman CSU
Obendorfer v. Heard LHU
Friery v. Curts NAPS
Hoopes Bye followed by McGillick PITT
Beard v. Malone WVU
Nicholas v. Pickett GWU
Nevills Bye followed by Thomas PITT or Ruano CLAR

Don't see Consorti listed in brackets.

Keep in mind, some of those are R16 matches, so they'll be a while. Also, I have Flo Notifications set for results. So, I'll post results as they happen.

Last edited:
At least track wrestling has the little red and green guys. Flo arena has nada.
They absolutely do. Press the button that looks like the bracket at the center bottom of your screen. It toggles back and forth between the red and green guys and the bracket.

Is anyone else using alerts for Clarion on FloArena? I just got an alert about Beards mat assignment and apparently the match already happened...anyone else experiencing delays?

Is anyone else using alerts for Clarion on FloArena? I just got an alert about Beards mat assignment and apparently the match already happened...anyone else experiencing delays?
I only have results notifications turned on, and have received results from each of our guys after their matches.

Thanks. I must have pressed it before there were any bouts taking place. I'll edit my comment, too.
There is one minor flaw with that button, which may have happened to you. If you're looking at the brackets for the first time, you have to press that button twice to get to the red/green guys. After that, it toggles with one click.

Besides the Clarion kids, this tournament is mostly young kids and backups.

For sure. But Im glad there are at least a couple dudes who could challenge Beard and Nevills. Really looking forward to Nevills-Thomas this round.

ADVERTISEMENT