ADVERTISEMENT

CJ Thorpe vs Saleem Brightwell

Didn't notice, but who else was in on that line?
well on the long TD from 14 it appears the second OL was 77, 69, 64, 73 and 71 (as a L OT)

next time they get the ball 75 takes 71 place I believe.

Last edited:
Reactions: djr4rebs
Wasn’t the word on thorpe that he had a nasty streak? I love it.

Jenkins. 4 years now and hasn't cracked the two deep.
Oh - now I get it. Yeah, 76 never developed.

I looked at the roster (the one posted here from August). We have 12 guys listed as 5th yr players. Now subtract Torrence Brown leaves 11.

Of the 11, Kyle Vasey is our long-snapper. Of the 10 position players, depending on how you look at their careers, and they have a whole season to go, I put it as 2 star players, 3 very good starters, 1 starter, 1 reserve, 1 deep reserve and 2 guys that I don't believe ever saw any time.

That is a lot of guys fell by the wayside for one reason or another. Guys get hurt, they lose their yen for football, they never develop for one reason or another - mostly they just hit their athletic ceiling. It happens every year.

I still have no problems with signing 76. He certainly had the size. You can't teach feet though. Incredible upside, it just didn't pan out. Never heard a peep negative about the guy and it's no shame to not be a good football player. As long as he graduates everything is cool and it worked out for all concerned.

Jenkins. 4 years now and hasn't cracked the two deep.
Sometimes things don’t work out for highly touted prospects. But the kid has put in his practice time, no off the field issues, no hints of any problems with teammates, and he is getting his education. I give the kid kudos for sticking with the program with no public complaining or being a distraction and earning his degree. To me, this is what college football is about. Some kids develop and some don’t, and it probably is not for lack of trying. I’m sure he has felt it has been an honor to play for Penn State and I am not going to knock the kid for not making the starting lineup.

Sometimes things don’t work out for highly touted prospects. But the kid has put in his practice time, no off the field issues, no hints of any problems with teammates, and he is getting his education. I give the kid kudos for sticking with the program with no public complaining or being a distraction and earning his degree. To me, this is what college football is about. Some kids develop and some don’t, and it probably is not for lack of trying. I’m sure he has felt it has been an honor to play for Penn State and I am not going to knock the kid for not making the starting lineup.

Not all contributors to a program show up in the box score on Saturday’s!!

Reactions: sluggo72
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT