ADVERTISEMENT

Citrus Bowl parking ?

RTRMR

Oct 14, 2018
I’ll be driving in from Jacksonville, the morning of the game.
Where is the best place to park/how much to park?
Is there a park and ride you can tailgate at?
Thanks

Thanks
I know this may not be a big help, but I recall parking being a challenge (from 2002 game). I think I parked along the street in a neighborhood. Similar to parking in downtown State College for a home game.

Thanks
Just be careful. While it has improved somewhat since the soccer stadium went in, there are still scams that will get you towed.
A guy in an orange vest waves you into the parking lot at the muffler repair shop, which is of course closed on New year's day, he pockets your 10 bucks.
He has zero affiliation with the place and after he parks 10 cars he walks off with 100 bucks and you get towed.
Either buy an official parking pass or as others suggested park in a city lot or garage and take the shuttle.

I went to the Michigan-Florida Citrus Bowl the day before the Penn State-Georgia Taxslayer Bowl and IIRC, I parked not that far away from the stadium without issue. I may opt for the shuttle this time around.

Just got my parking pass through Vividseats.com and paid $37.50 for a lot allegedly .4 miles from the stadium. A bit of a rip but I wanted to be locked in.

Don’t park at the stadium. To get out of the lots and onto I-4 can take hours if the stadium is nearly full:

For the 2009 game we parked at the basketball arena nearby and they had free shuttles to the stadium.

I recall parking on a local resident's lawn in 2003 (Capital One Bowl against Auburn). I think we paid $15. No issues.

From what I gather, if you want to tailgate, you're gonna have to buy a pass into one of the lots. They will have a free shuttle that looks like it'll pick up next to the Amway Center and drops off about a block from the Citrus Bowl with return from the same location. Plenty of parking downtown in a garage for a fee or if you're lucky enough to find on-street parking that won't be metered on a holiday.

Check out the schedule for sunrail. It might be possible to park at a station and ride in. Not sure what will be offered but I understand that they have extended normal hours.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT