ADVERTISEMENT

chocolate milk sports drink

Ranger Dan

Gold Member
Aug 31, 2003
York PA
What is the availability of the Chocolate milk sports drink the penn state developed? Is it available for sale? Outside of state college?

What is the availability of the Chocolate milk sports drink the penn state developed? Is it available for sale? Outside of state college?

It's available at the Creamery and one other location on campus. I plan on calling in to find out if they will ship it or if I can pick it up in bulk, just haven't found time to make the call. I'll let you know the answer when I do. Maybe tomorrow since you reminded me. :) I don't think the strawberry is available to anyone but the team yet, but it would be amazing if it was publicly available too.

Palehorse post that info when you get it....would love to order some for my teenage kids. They are chocolate milk fanatics and very good athletes.

Not sure of the availability, but they did make a commercial for it.

Chocolate milk in general is a good after work out drink. I know USA Hockey carries coolers of it around for all of their U17 and U18 teams for after games. They prefer this over any kind of protein drink.

Chocolate milk in general is a good after work out drink. I know USA Hockey carries coolers of it around for all of their U17 and U18 teams for after games. They prefer this over any kind of protein drink.
It is good as an after workout recovery drink, but no way it's better than a good protein shake. Not sure why they prefer the milk.

They will ship it, but it has to be overnight, so it's pricey. $63.15 to anywhere in PA, $115.40 outside PA. It's only $20.80/ 16 bottle case if you pick it up at the creamery, so making arrangements that way seems to be the best option. I'm pretty sure the long term plans are to distribute it, but nothing concrete as of yet.

They will ship it, but it has to be overnight, so it's pricey. $63.15 to anywhere in PA, $115.40 outside PA. It's only $20.80/ 16 bottle case if you pick it up at the creamery, so making arrangements that way seems to be the best option. I'm pretty sure the long term plans are to distribute it, but nothing concrete as of yet.
Same as anything that really ships from the creamery. You're paying for the dry ice shipping.

This drink is for athletes and those who do heavy workouts. If going to give to children; consult a dietitian/nutritionist. There are a lot calories in Dr Pete's Workout Recovery Drink!

I live near Dr. Pete (the creator of Dr. Pete's Recovery Drink), he is out of town until the fourth but when he returns I'll find out where and when it's going to be available. I know that a few dairies have started producing it. I'm just not sure which ones.

Reactions: Ranger Dan
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT