ADVERTISEMENT

Chittum is a hawk instead of a goofer

Also, before I get yelled at. I think Chittum is a damn good wrestler and his style is perfect for Iowa. But he’s gonna 20 years old in March and has already had some injury concerns. If he makes it out of there without another major one I would be very surprised.

Good is kid and fits Iowa perfectly. The Oklahoma state talk didn’t make sense to me style wise. I would love to see him and Levi matchup. Will he be a 157 or 149?

Grandpa Boomer GIF by MOODMAN

Should fit right in at Iowa

So who's got the better incoming recruit class: Iowa or tOSU. 🤔
The problem tOSU has is that they have Bouzakis and Mendez both looking to be long term 133s. And then Kilkeary, also potentially a long term 133.

TOSU

133-141-Jesse Mendez
133-141-Nick Bouzakis
165-174-Luke Geog
174-Rocco Welsh
197-Seth Shumate
Heavy-Nick Feldman

Iowa

125-Nate Jesuroga
141-149-Ryder Block
157-165-Aiden Riggins
174-184-Gabe Arnold
197-Kolby Franklin
197-Heavy-Ben Kueter

Which incoming group would you rather have?
Iowa looks good but tOSU high end talent is too good. Jesuroga will be a hammer and if Kueter commits to wrestling he will be great but I’m not sure he does that. The other 4 are good and probably multiple time AA’s but probably not champs. On the OSU side Mendez, Bouzakis, Feldman, and probably Welsh all have the talent to be champions. Who knows if it comes together or not. I think Feldman is the most sure thing out of both classes followed by Mendez and Jesuroga. Both classes are great and it will be interesting to see who can better develop them.

TOSU

133-141-Jesse Mendez
133-141-Nick Bouzakis
165-174-Luke Geog
174-Rocco Welsh
197-Seth Shumate
Heavy-Nick Feldman

Iowa

125-Nate Jesuroga
141-149-Ryder Block
157-165-Aiden Riggins
174-184-Gabe Arnold
197-Kolby Franklin
197-Heavy-Ben Kueter

Iowa looks good but tOSU high end talent is too good. Jesuroga will be a hammer and if Kueter commits to wrestling he will be great but I’m not sure he does that. The other 4 are good and probably multiple time AA’s but probably not champs. On the OSU side Mendez, Bouzakis, Feldman, and probably Welsh all have the talent to be champions. Who knows if it comes together or not. I think Feldman is the most sure thing out of both classes followed by Mendez and Jesuroga. Both classes are great and it will be interesting to see who can better develop them.
Ohio states east. Kueter playing football hurts imo. Plus I think tOSU has the surest one of them all in Feldman.

Reactions: fronk71
I think Mendez, Bouzakis and Feldman are all better than any recruit Iowa has coming in. Block, Riggins and Franklin aren’t close to that level. Arnold has some weird losses. Jesuroga will be a star, though.

Jesuroga and Keuter could be pretty special. But Keuter has to go full time and abandon the pig skin.

The rest of Iowa's recruits aren't on that level, though. I'll take all of our guys over Block, Riggins, Arnold and Franklin.

Reactions: mjmirv
The Bull may have found his padawan.

Maybe the best light room in the country will rub off on him.

4 in top 9 of flo p4p...they must be cheating the system....where can they get all this schollie $ from
lol how many lightweight titles have they won in the past oh lets say 4 yrs???not counting spencer

Reactions: nitlion6
TOSU

133-141-Jesse Mendez
133-141-Nick Bouzakis
165-174-Luke Geog
174-Rocco Welsh
197-Seth Shumate
Heavy-Nick Feldman

Iowa

125-Nate Jesuroga
141-149-Ryder Block
157-165-Aiden Riggins
174-184-Gabe Arnold
197-Kolby Franklin
197-Heavy-Ben Kueter

tOSU, and it’s not that close.

Gotta love 21 year old freshman wrestling in their 1st NCAA's.
Yeah, Logan was a 21 year old RS freshman when he wrestled in his first NCAA. Doesn't really bother me. Then again, maybe this is another first world problem that only affects the top programs.

Some in the general population take 6 years to obtain a 4-year degree. Some take gap years between HS and college. What's the real rush to enter the workforce, when you're going to likely work 35 years?

Reactions: Fatmarc
TOSU

133-141-Jesse Mendez
133-141-Nick Bouzakis
165-174-Luke Geog
174-Rocco Welsh
197-Seth Shumate
Heavy-Nick Feldman

Iowa

125-Nate Jesuroga
141-149-Ryder Block
157-165-Aiden Riggins
174-184-Gabe Arnold
197-Kolby Franklin
197-Heavy-Ben Kueter

Perhaps this reduces the whining our friends from tHR do about Cael only wins because of recruiting 🙄🧐

Perhaps this reduces the whining our friends from tHR do about Cael only wins because of recruiting 🙄🧐
I doubt it! I didn’t even include all of the recruits either. tOSU also has Kilkeary and Gavin Brown coming in. Iowa has a couple other in state kids I believe. Still 5 kids in the top 50 is a lot of $.

I am not sold on Chittum as a college wrestler. He is like a 20 year old guy that just out physicals alot of his High School opponents, don't think that will be effective against D1 college wrestlers. He was beaten by Rathjen at the U20 WTT, then Rathjen was teched by Garvin,then Garvin was teched by Haines in the finals. So by the Transitive equation Haines would beat Chittum by 30 points!

ADVERTISEMENT