ADVERTISEMENT

Chase Winovich calls OSU loss a "mirage"

Ohio State is one of the weirdest 12-1 teams I've ever seen. How in the world does a team with talent and speed such as they have give up 51 points to a Maryland team that essentially had no passing game, let alone get clobbered by Purdue? Then they crush Michigan and win the title. Guess it depends if they decide to show up or not.
One explanation is that too many of them are looking to get to the next level and they don't have overall good team chemistry

More a minor league than a college team?

I don't see Winovich making it in the league. Doesn't have the size as an end in a 3-4, and don't think he can cover as an OLB. He's had success as a pass rusher in the system but I don't see that projecting as an NFL pass rusher.

Whose the little brother now Jagoff:

"We knew they couldn't hang with us. ... Sometimes your little brother starts acting up, and you just gotta put them in place."
-- Michigan defensive end Chase Winovich to Fox on Michigan's 21-7 victory over Michigan State.

"I would say to any recruit or any potential guy that sees maybe what happened in the Ohio State game -- I would say that alone is a mirage and what we've built here is a powerhouse."
-- Winovich, in a media conference after Michigan accepted a bid to the Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl following a 62-39 loss to the Buckeyes.

ADVERTISEMENT