ADVERTISEMENT

Charles Barkley says pro athletes should get COVID vaccine first since they pay more taxes

No reason not to push another baseless conspiracy theory. We have a shortage of them in this day and age.
It’s not a conspiracy theory it’s just a wild guess. How is it a conspiracy to think someone might try to game the system? There are a lot worse things people do to make a buck.

It’s not a conspiracy theory it’s just a wild guess. How is it a conspiracy to think someone might try to game the system? There are a lot worse things people do to make a buck.
It’s already happening. It isn’ta huge conspiracy. People in the supply chain are pulling doses for personal use, friends and high value customers. I read that people from other nations are going to states with lax procedures to get shots. This is ask to be expected. Hell, people rob banks too. People push hallucinogenic drugs. People traffic kids. Are people really naïve to think the system won’t need games by creeps?

Reactions: 91Joe95 and bison13
Just wait for counterfeit COVID. o_O vaccines to surface. Saline solutions. It happened in Law & Order.

o_O

Charles does say stupid stuff every once in awhile. That said, if an nba or nfl team has a road game in some states (CA, NY, etc.), I think they have to pay state income tax on their pay that day. That's brutal.

Reactions: bison13
It’s already happening. It isn’ta huge conspiracy. People in the supply chain are pulling doses for personal use, friends and high value customers. I read that people from other nations are going to states with lax procedures to get shots. This is ask to be expected. Hell, people rob banks too. People push hallucinogenic drugs. People traffic kids. Are people really naïve to think the system won’t need games by creeps?

That's in FL and their governor is OK with it. And yes, some suppliers are giving out extra doses to random people rather than waste them. That is not selling on the black market. Remember we have no national guidelines, as once again it was left to the each state to figure it out for themselves.

That's in FL and their governor is OK with it. And yes, some suppliers are giving out extra doses to random people rather than waste them. That is not selling on the black market. Remember we have no national guidelines, as once again it was left to the each state to figure it out for themselves.
Do you are telling me nobody in the production line is taking them?

CORONAVIRUS NY: STATE WILL FINE $1M FOR CORONAVIRUS VACCINE FRAUD
The move comes after ParCare clinic is alleged to have defrauded the state

See the link below. From the article:

“Health care workers, first responders and the elderly are all in line to get the initial doses of the coronavirus vaccine first, but Charles Barkley offered a different idea Thursday.

Barkley said during the "NBA on TNT" broadcast that pro athletes should get the first round of the vaccine.

"I think they should let NBA players and coaches all get the vaccine. That’s just my personal opinion. We need 300 million shots. Give some thousand to NBA players … NFL players, hockey players … As much taxes as these players pay, let me repeat that, as much taxes as these players pay, they deserve some preferential treatment," Barkley said.”

No doubt this will go over well.
Just another indication that Barkley is a world class a$$hole. He is saying that rich people should get preferential treatment. There is absolutely no reason that a healthy 25 year old should jump the line ahead of 70 year old with diabetes.

Just another indication that Barkley is a world class a$$hole. He is saying that rich people should get preferential treatment. There is absolutely no reason that a healthy 25 year old should jump the line ahead of 70 year old with diabetes.

But the 70-year-old with diabetus doesn’t pack the seats like the healthy basketball player does. Oh, wait.

If you want the government to speed up distribution, put the politicians at the very bottom of the list.
Too late they put themselves at the top of the list and already got their shots because Members of Congress are way more vulnerable to COVID than my Dad who is 90 and in assisted living - total hypocritical BS from our ruling class as usual.

Reactions: 91Joe95 and bison13
Eh, there are so many doses of vaccine sitting uselessly in coolers right now that I really don’t care. Look at it this way, the number of women NBA players are sleeping with is probably contributing significantly to the community transmission of the virus.

direct result of prioritizing a population of people have the lowest interest in the vaccine. have seen this everywhere. have a brother in CBus and he said one hospital only had 20% acceptance of the vaccine for its direct healthcare workers, and they were forbidden to give the vaccine to the next groups who were much more interested. each state did its own interpretation of the priorities. at least Florida is administering at a high rate, but they cannot keep up with the demand.

Sir Charles should probably avoid commenting on something like this, but then again he might be doing one of his head fake moves with the comment to just draw attention. he is not stupid.

Reactions: 91Joe95
direct result of prioritizing a population of people have the lowest interest in the vaccine. have seen this everywhere. have a brother in CBus and he said one hospital only had 20% acceptance of the vaccine for its direct healthcare workers, and they were forbidden to give the vaccine to the next groups who were much more interested. each state did its own interpretation of the priorities. at least Florida is administering at a high rate, but they cannot keep up with the demand.

Sir Charles should probably avoid commenting on something like this, but then again he might be doing one of his head fake moves with the comment to just draw attention. he is not stupid.
Yep. I posted this earlier. Many octogenarians aren’t taking the jag as many don’t care and have non recessitate clauses. Many are concerned the side effects will kill them in their feeble state. Many healthcare works have either already had it or are young enough to be very low risk.

See the link below. From the article:

“Health care workers, first responders and the elderly are all in line to get the initial doses of the coronavirus vaccine first, but Charles Barkley offered a different idea Thursday.

Barkley said during the "NBA on TNT" broadcast that pro athletes should get the first round of the vaccine.

"I think they should let NBA players and coaches all get the vaccine. That’s just my personal opinion. We need 300 million shots. Give some thousand to NBA players … NFL players, hockey players … As much taxes as these players pay, let me repeat that, as much taxes as these players pay, they deserve some preferential treatment," Barkley said.”

No doubt this will go over well.

I agree. Start the line and go richest to poorest for everything. Without money we dont have hospitals, hospital workers, vaccines ect.

PS. Broke NBA players can go to the back of the line.

IMO it should be 65 and over first...80% of deaths fall within that age range. A 25-30 year old NBA player, nurse, teacher, etc. shouldn’t get it before the elderly. If you already had COVID you should also go after the elderly.

Yep. I posted this earlier. Many octogenarians aren’t taking the jag as many don’t care and have non recessitate clauses. Many are concerned the side effects will kill them in their feeble state. Many healthcare works have either already had it or are young enough to be very low risk.

Well, they did just watch as half the country suddenly became antivaxxers.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT