ADVERTISEMENT

Charles Barkley says pro athletes should get COVID vaccine first since they pay more taxes

BobPSU92

May 6, 2015
See the link below. From the article:

“Health care workers, first responders and the elderly are all in line to get the initial doses of the coronavirus vaccine first, but Charles Barkley offered a different idea Thursday.

Barkley said during the "NBA on TNT" broadcast that pro athletes should get the first round of the vaccine.

"I think they should let NBA players and coaches all get the vaccine. That’s just my personal opinion. We need 300 million shots. Give some thousand to NBA players … NFL players, hockey players … As much taxes as these players pay, let me repeat that, as much taxes as these players pay, they deserve some preferential treatment," Barkley said.”

No doubt this will go over well.

“Health care workers, first responders and the elderly are all in line to get the initial doses of the coronavirus vaccine first, but Charles Barkley offered a different idea Thursday.

Barkley said during the "NBA on TNT" broadcast that pro athletes should get the first round of the vaccine.

"I think they should let NBA players and coaches all get the vaccine. That’s just my personal opinion. We need 300 million shots. Give some thousand to NBA players … NFL players, hockey players … As much taxes as these players pay, let me repeat that, as much taxes as these players pay, they deserve some preferential treatment," Barkley said.”

I am willing to bet that some people have been pulling doses and selling them on a black market.

So why just rich athletes? Shouldn’t rich actors and musicians get the vaccine early? What about lawyers and businessmen?

I love Charles. I think he's entertaining, funny, was great to watch play basketball......but, I don't think anyone would say he's one of America's great thinkers.

Friday WSJ--- FL is offering vaccines to those over 65 with little to no additional documentation. People are vacationing in from around the US, and also some outside countries to vax up. Canadians are chartering private jets to fly down for the day.

Teachers in VA are scheduled to receive theirs beginning within the next week.

Reactions: bison13
That's just a form of elitist thinking. It doesn't matter where he came from, he's now a part of the super rich elitist mentality.

Reactions: cigarowl

Hey Charles, fat people who don't take care of themselves need to step to the rear.

Using this line reasoning, those that pay no taxes are at the back of the line. How will that fly?

Gives me another reason to continue anti NBA stance. Look at the money these guys make to play a game. I will keep in mind this is Barkley's opinion and not the opinion of any other NBAer. I wouldn't want people forming an opinion about me due to what a stupid as says.

Reactions: PrtLng Lion
Eh, there are so many doses of vaccine sitting uselessly in coolers right now that I really don’t care. Look at it this way, the number of women NBA players are sleeping with is probably contributing significantly to the community transmission of the virus.

Sounds like a good plan! 😂 Maybe since they are rich they can buy it from the CCP their mentors. All men are created equal, it’s just some men are more equal. Right Charles!

Probably don’t given the dumbass losing investments so many of them make

Jump all over Charles but he is saying what every multimillionaire is thinking.

And does anyone think that the wealthy and the well connected are getting vaccinated ahead of us serfs and peons? Look at Congress, they all got it several weeks ago and that includes the youngest and healthiest among them and the ones that said they wouldn’t take it because the Orange Man pushed it through.

Wake up, life ain’t fair.

Last edited:
I am willing to bet that some people have been pulling doses and selling them on a black market.

No reason not to push another baseless conspiracy theory. We have a shortage of them in this day and age.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT