ADVERTISEMENT

Charles and Holland MIA........

This was right after we called a time out, presumably to coach em up about the impending onside kick. That went well, looked like the guys out there had never seen an onside kick in their lives before that.

Hmmm, if the missing in action are accurate, has the thinning of the herd begun?
I hope not in Charles' case unless he's getting some bad advice from friends and family. He came in being thought of higher than Johnson but hasn't shown the work ethic. If he leaves it will be a "pick up your ball and go home moment" which never quite works out in the end. Besides, with Hamilton, Blacknall and Gesicki leaving this year, he's sort of in the driver seat with a good camp.

I hope not in Charles' case unless he's getting some bad advice from friends and family. He came in being thought of higher than Johnson but hasn't shown the work ethic. If he leaves it will be a "pick up your ball and go home moment" which never quite works out in the end. Besides, with Hamilton, Blacknall and Gesicki leaving this year, he's sort of in the driver seat with a good camp.
He has done nothing to show he is "in the driver's seat". Penalty. Machine.

He has done nothing to show he is "in the driver's seat". Penalty. Machine.
Fair.

Holy cow, I just looked at it on ESPN. Kid only has 1 catch for the year. Remarkable. I'm not sure he ever recovered after the two back to back drops against Wisconsin. Shame, what a tremendous amount of wasted talent.

That is on the coaches then. If the coaches are putting players out there on the "good hands" team, the coaches have to be sure those players know the rules.

absolutely ST coaching issue. i remember seeing a special on what Va Tech does with their ST's. they spend considerable time in "class" understanding the rules and how they play into various scenarios...i.e. what to do when you get the KO in the EZ and one foot is out and one foot is in the EZ. not knowing the rules for ST's can be fatal to a team.

Fair.

Holy cow, I just looked at it on ESPN. Kid only has 1 catch for the year. Remarkable. I'm not sure he ever recovered after the two back to back drops against Wisconsin. Shame, what a tremendous amount of wasted talent.

Well I remember this kid that had a real sophomore slump, couldn't catch a cold. I think he played TE and wore #88. Just sayin.

Well I remember this kid that had a real sophomore slump, couldn't catch a cold. I think he played TE and wore #88. Just sayin.
Yeah that occurred to me too but I was trying to make a counterpoint.

So I guess that means Charles will have to quit Twitter and start the Johnson pre-season "development program". Sounds like a plan.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT