ADVERTISEMENT

Cenzo VS IMAR, ESPN + IRONHEAD

Cenzo didn't catch Imar, he threw him to his back and pinned him fair and square. To me, 'catching' somebody is more in some type of crazy scramble situation where a wrestler just ends up in a bad spot by mostly dumb luck. It wasn't luck when MM threw Bo to his back last year, Bo went for a move and MM countered it. Same happened with Cenzo. I think where IMar screwed up is he greatly underestimated Cenzo's strength. I would bet Cenzo has been in that position 100+ times before and always came out on top. But Cenzo not only countered Imar's throw attempt but overpowered Imar and threw him down. Imar never came up against a wrestler before that could do that most likely.

Cenzo didn't pin him, he suffocated him like a fish flopping out of water.

Cenzo didn't pin him, he suffocated him like a fish flopping out of water.

Accurate, because every other time, Imar would flip and flop his way out of it.

No flipping or flopping this time, just a flat out deck job. Bam. End of match.

But hey, you'll have that because this is college wrestling, and wrestling college kids is different, right Imar?

Byers's call is now my ringtone. I love the voice break when he yells "PIN". Totally awesome.

Wish I could get a life insurance policy next February on Byers, because I don't think he can make it through 10AAs and 7 National Champs. Still, love listening o his calls. He is the best

i would like to do this as well. being tech decline could someone please tell me how to do this? i have an iPhone. thanks in advance

Separated at birth?

Dean%20Heil%20%283%29.png

0*luoxyj0GLuHsSmjy.jpg

Is that a pledge pin??? :)

i would like to do this as well. being tech decline could someone please tell me how to do this? i have an iPhone. thanks in advance
yakrider,

A few steps to do it, but it works well. I have it as my Alarm and Reminder on my iPhone. Waking up to it is crazy now. The alarm goes off and Byers is screaming PIN. There is no way I'm turning over and going to sleep.

Here are the steps I've been told about (note that copyright laws exist)

1. Grab the Youtube address and convert to mp3 in a program like:
http://www.vidtomp3.com/
2. Now, you need to convert the mp3 to a m4r file. You could use the following
http://ringer.org/
3. Now, use this to cut a 30 second or less clip of what you want. It is basically moving the start and stop scrolls to set your area of audio.
4. Rename to something simple like PIN.m4r
5. Open iTunes and drop y our new file into the TONES section
6. Plug in your phone to your computer and it will resynch
7. Go to settings then sounds. PIN is now a selectable option.

There are Apple apps for this as well that may be easier. Again, copyright rules remain

If you are around the Austin area, and hear Byers screaming PIN!, say hello to CentexLion

yakrider,

A few steps to do it, but it works well. I have it as my Alarm and Reminder on my iPhone. Waking up to it is crazy now. The alarm goes off and Byers is screaming PIN. There is no way I'm turning over and going to sleep.

Here are the steps I've been told about (note that copyright laws exist)

1. Grab the Youtube address and convert to mp3 in a program like:
http://www.vidtomp3.com/
2. Now, you need to convert the mp3 to a m4r file. You could use the following
http://ringer.org/
3. Now, use this to cut a 30 second or less clip of what you want. It is basically moving the start and stop scrolls to set your area of audio.
4. Rename to something simple like PIN.m4r
5. Open iTunes and drop y our new file into the TONES section
6. Plug in your phone to your computer and it will resynch
7. Go to settings then sounds. PIN is now a selectable option.

There are Apple apps for this as well that may be easier. Again, copyright rules remain

If you are around the Austin area, and hear Byers screaming PIN!, say hello to CentexLion

LOL - Funny story that many can appreciate.
Thanks also for posting the steps. It would be fun to have that as a wake up alarm.

Very clever and creative CentexLion.

;)

If you have a way of linking it so others can use it too, it would be appreciated. Either way, enjoyed your posts!

LOL - Funny story that many can appreciate.
Thanks also for posting the steps. It would be fun to have that as a wake up alarm.

Very clever and creative CentexLion.

;)

If you have a way of linking it so others can use it too, it would be appreciated. Either way, enjoyed your posts!
TJ,

I'll try to post the audio file here when I get home. What a great way to wake up this morning at 6. My wife wasn't that happy, but she'll have to live with it until next year, when it is replaced with "and Nick Lee pins Heil. How do you do"

Speaking of Joseph's inside trip ... below is video of Joseph's inside trip on Massa. Unlike IMar, Massa basically stops the initial trip, and Joseph should have been in trouble, but Joseph keeps the overhook/whizzer, as he also did with IMar, and uses incredible hips and back arch (and knee scoop+leg pick) to make something out of nothing. Another thing of beauty from Joseph.

EDIT: Now that I rewatch it, I like this trip versus Massa even better than than the one against IMar. The one against IMar was all about timing and skill. This one against Massa is skill plus force of will. (No rhyme intended.)

EDIT: The link should work/be faster now.

Last edited:
TJ,

I'll try to post the audio file here when I get home. What a great way to wake up this morning at 6. My wife wasn't that happy, but she'll have to live with it until next year, when it is replaced with "and Nick Lee pins Heil. How do you do"

Kade Moss will give Heil all he wants, and then some, next season.

Speaking of Joseph's inside trip ... below is video of Joseph's inside trip on Massa. Unlike IMar, Massa basically stops the initial trip, and Joseph should have been in trouble, but Joseph keeps the overhook/whizzer, as he also did with IMar, and uses incredible hips and back arch (and knee scoop+leg pick) to make something out of nothing. Another thing of beauty from Joseph.

EDIT: Now that I rewatch it, I like this trip versus Massa even better than than the one against IMar. The one against IMar was all about timing and skill. This one against Massa is skill plus force of will. (No rhyme intended.)

I still can't believe he pulled that one off. When it was unfolding I thought he was in deep Shi*.

Yeah, Massa probably thought he had him dead to rights and then it's like what just happened. Joseph does not panic, most wrestlers would have bailed, long before he reached down to grab the leg, that led to him getting the TD.

Probably take some heat for this but I think IMar just quit. The way he was looking at his coaches spelled confusion to me. The way he was breathing and the legs starting to look like Jello cemented it for me. Don't get me wrong, Cenzo did that to him but once on his back IMar did a nice acting job making it look like he was trying to get up. He knew Cenzo had him and had no chance...

Reactions: diggerpup
Probably take some heat for this but I think IMar just quit. The way he was looking at his coaches spelled confusion to me. The way he was breathing and the legs starting to look like Jello cemented it for me. Don't get me wrong, Cenzo did that to him but once on his back IMar did a nice acting job making it look like he was trying to get up. He knew Cenzo had him and had no chance...
Was he on his back long enough to do that?

Yeah, Massa probably thought he had him dead to rights and then it's like what just happened. Joseph does not panic, most wrestlers would have bailed, long before he reached down to grab the leg, that led to him getting the TD.
I liked how Massa gave Cenzo a congratulatory 'five' when they were rounding up for the podium.... no one else in the group did that with each other.... I'm telling you, Massa is the best at this weight minus Cenzo and I bet that plays out next year.

It's crazy what you see the more you watch the video. It looks like Gabe Stevenson and Daton Fix in blue shirts give each other a high five after Cenzo pinned him. They are right behind the guy in the Stanford or NC State shirt that went ape shi*. It might not be Fix, but it resembles him.

Reactions: diggerpup
What's up with that angry looking dude with Mizzou shirt on who is mad doggin on Cenzo's parents during the celebration? Angry dude bein angry, lol.

It's crazy what you see the more you watch the video. It looks like Gabe Stevenson and Daton Fix in blue shirts give each other a high five after Cenzo pinned him. They are right behind the guy in the Stanford or NC State shirt that went ape shi*. It might not be Fix, but it resembles him.
Need coordinates, where are they on the screen and at what point on the clip, 7:33?

What does he say at 8:30 when he holds up 3 fingers? At first, I thought he was holding up 2, saying "2 more", anticipating at Hall/Bo victory.

"MARTINEZ HAS LOST TWO TIMES IN HIS CAREER, BOTH TIMES.......HE WAS PINNED BY A NITTANY LION"

Jeff Byers.

Right around 2:40 look between Cenzo and Coach Cunningham. There are three kids in blue shirts. The camera pans on them a few times.

uh....2:40 is an overhead view of the mat with no coaches visable, while 2:39 is only Perry and his assistants?

uh....2:40 is an overhead view of the mat with no coaches visable, while 2:39 is only Perry and his assistants?

Brain fart on my part. It was around the :19 mark, but it looks like the video up now is no longer the same video. The video up now is from the ESPN footage and shows a different camera angle than the previous linked video. I can't even find the original video.

Brain fart on my part. It was around the :19 mark, but it looks like the video up now is no longer the same video. The video up now is from the ESPN footage and shows a different camera angle than the previous linked video. I can't even find the original video.

Damn. Is it the original video clip with the original announcers?

That match will never get old. My Dad's 80th BD is coming up over Easter weekend and I could not think of anything to get the guy that has about everything, until I thought of this match, so I went to Walmart and blew up a picture taken immediately after the pin and put it in a nice frame. I sure hope he likes it.

ADVERTISEMENT