ADVERTISEMENT

Cenzo to Stanford -- it's official

Very good article, even if they screwed up Cenzo's HS.

Gotta love this story:
"Joseph is officially in Week 3 on the Stanford staff and comes off his first recruiting trip to the 16U and Junior freestyle and Greco-Roman Championships in Fargo, N.D. Koll laughs as he looks back at part of that trip, saying he turned away for a second and returned to see Joseph “holding court” in a hot tub."

I have no doubt that Cenzo will become an elite recruiter. Koll will teach our little meatball the intricacies of D-1 coaching. Stanford will grab more than its share of elite CA HS wrestlers .... and Cenzo will secure a strong pipeline to the East. The whole 2020-2025 Stanford story will be fun to watch. I don’t suspect that Stanford will wrestle Cornell, but, an annual swing east to State College and NJ looks probable.

I have no doubt that Cenzo will become an elite recruiter. Koll will teach our little meatball the intricacies of D-1 coaching. Stanford will grab more than its share of elite CA HS wrestlers .... and Cenzo will secure a strong pipeline to the East. The whole 2020-2025 Stanford story will be fun to watch. I don’t suspect that Stanford will wrestle Cornell, but, an annual swing east to State College and NJ looks probable.
Been known for a month, according to Mike Grey:

The first dual of my career as the head coach of Cornell University will be against Stanford at the Friedman Wrestling Center. We are still working on an exact time and date (the head coach over there is a real challenge), but I believe it will be the weekend before Thanksgiving.

Reactions: SRATH and Dogwelder
What do small school hs head coaches make a year in PA?
I frequently read articles in the Williamsport Sun Gazette which lists coaching salaries and most small schools would be paying less than 5k per season. All I can say is it's way below minimum wage when you total in the hours they are involved and I'm sure most coaches would do it for nothing just to give back and share their love of the sport.

Reactions: diggerpup
ADVERTISEMENT