ADVERTISEMENT

Cenzo to Stanford -- it's official

If you want to be a college wrestling coach it’s hard to beat learning under Cael and co. then following it up learning from Koll. Plus we don’t have to feel guilty rooting for his guys 99%of the time.

Koll in the press release: "I also had the displeasure of having to compete against Vincenzo and I am thrilled to finally have him on my team!"

Great line, but Cenzo never faced a Cornell or FLWC wrestler during his NCAA career.

Koll in the press release: "I also had the displeasure of having to compete against Vincenzo and I am thrilled to finally have him on my team!"

Great line, but Cenzo never faced a Cornell or FLWC wrestler during his NCAA career.
He must have gotten confused with the other national champ in the middle weights those years. Which one, we will never know.

Reactions: smealpsu2005
Anyone got a running list of caels coaching tree. We did this a few years ago, just curious what the AKB has.
I’ll start:
Tank - ASU
Hall - Penn
Cenzo- Stanford
D. Alton - Ryder
A. Alton - F&M
Quentin - Tyrone HS
Mouse - was a GA at Life U but I believe he mentioned he was moving back to SC to start a practice.
Seth Beitz stepped away from Central York last year to focus on work and family.
Anybody else?

I’ll start:
Tank - ASU
Hall - Penn
Cenzo- Stanford
D. Alton - Ryder
A. Alton - F&M
Quentin - Tyrone HS
Mouse - was a GA at Life U but I believe he mentioned he was moving back to SC to start a practice.
Seth Beitz stepped away from Central York last year to focus on work and family.
Anybody else?
If you are including High School, we could also maybe include DT and Cyler for running clubs.

Not part of Cael's coaching tree.
giphy.gif

Wonder if Cenzo will become fishing buddies with Keaton Subjeck. :)

LOL! That image is evoking DMX for me:

Listen!
Yo ass bout to be missin!
You know who gon find you? (Who?) Some old man fishin!

so stanford keeps wrestling then goes out and gets Koll and he starts getting these national champs as coaches to support him as head coach. Interesting direction that Stanford is going. Looks like they are all in now!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Very good article, even if they screwed up Cenzo's HS.

Gotta love this story:
"Joseph is officially in Week 3 on the Stanford staff and comes off his first recruiting trip to the 16U and Junior freestyle and Greco-Roman Championships in Fargo, N.D. Koll laughs as he looks back at part of that trip, saying he turned away for a second and returned to see Joseph “holding court” in a hot tub."

ADVERTISEMENT